Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I mean who cares if it’s a holiday. Shouldn’t the goal be to play before all the snow?

If the game has to be moved anyway, would it make sense to give the teams an extra day to get set up? After all, if they are making the call now at most 69 hours from kickoff that would mean flying out tomorrow or Saturday.

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Lol,  advantage Pittsburgh,  on that ***** field.

Right, they’re there every year. If anything send it to Toronto/Rogers.

What’s the difference between driving 3 hours into the storm coming to/from Cleveland and 2 hours to/from Toronto.

(I understand it’s international. Also the field is likely zero percent ready for football)

Just now, KellyToTasker said:

This team isn’t limping in. They have experience in the latest scenario (high winds, snow, physically tough AFC North opponent, etc.). They’re as prepared as you possibly can be. 

We will see. That was the same theme as last year until they lost. Then the flip of excuses suddenly appeared. Just saying...

• Shocked 1

We have the ultimate backyard football QB, impossible to drag down in the snow for the puny neighborhood kids. Josh was created in a lab for games like this, 100 yards rushing incoming.

If our defense commits to rallying to the ball and wrap tackling, this should be a thorough win.

The Bills have made a concerted effort to be better at running the ball all season and be able to grind out wins in bad weather.  This is the week we find out how much progress they’ve genuinely made. 

I don’t think any person  familiar with football can see this game as a win for Pittsburgh. Hence, Bills are heavy favorites.  Yes, we all know the Steelers could win.    Any team can beat any other team in the modern NFL. But, let’s be clear, that would be the upset of the weekend.  

I just hope they don’t move the game and screw it all up. And affect the next week game!

GO BILLS!!! 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right, they’re there every year. If anything send it to Toronto/Rogers.

What’s the difference between driving 3 hours into the storm coming to/from Cleveland and 2 hours to/from Toronto.

(I understand it’s international. Also the field is likely zero percent ready for football)

It's too bad Detroit has their own home playoff game. Dang, that's the perfect alternative.  If it gets moved to Cleveland that place better be filled with home team Bills fans,,, I'm sure Steelers fans will worm their way inside in big numbers though.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

It's too bad Detroit has their own home playoff game. Dang, that's the perfect alternative.  If it gets moved to Cleveland that place better be filled with home team Bills fans,,, I'm sure Steelers fans will worm their way inside in big numbers though.

Why not Indianapolis?

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That really hurts the Bills chances. Especially, the Douglas injury. Damn is right 

That likely doesn't hurt much this game as Pittsburgh will rarely be throwing the ball and when they do the best defender will be The Hawk.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Disagree 1

Quick hot take at the moment. I don’t think the main problem is the weather or even the 10’s of thousands of people on the road in inclement weather.

It’s that there’s a bit of a cultural norm in Buffalo that everybody, police included, just ignores that 10’s of thousands of cars on the road have drivers who are likely over the legal limit…in bad weather.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, elroy16 said:

I'm curious to see if the design of the new stadium does in fact keep the wind down inside of the stadium. Cold and some precipitation is one thing, but the insane wind is what really mucks up these games.

It will confuse it, if anything

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That really hurts the Bills chances. Especially, the Douglas injury. Damn is right 

Yeah our local media is blissfully unaware of what @HappyDays has reported and is just going day by day checking to see if these guys practice.

They've turned every show into breakdowns on the weather and whether or not the Steelers fans will travel well.

Meanwhile we have 8 guys not practicing for this game. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Update I'm seeing is Saturday night into Sunday morning is worst of the snow, then tapering off Sunday afternoon (not sure of exact timing) but seeing totals of only 2-6 inches for that time period.

Highly unlikely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

@HappyDays reported moderate MCL for Rasul Douglas. Mild is 10-days, but moderate is 2-4 weeks. 

What's odd about that is Douglas insinuated he was ready to go back out there and play in the Dolphins game. Weird.

But either way I could definitely see him sitting out the Steelers game, especially with all that snow and slipperiness.

Edited by Einstein

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Illness?  Hope the virus that hit other teams isn't ripping through the Bills.  Just more adversity.

After reading through the posts in this topic, I have canceled my Las Vegas Super Bowl reservations and I'm preparing various Mock drafts  lol.

We should tank this game for better draft position

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That likely doesn't hurt much this game as Pittsburgh will rarely be throwing the ball and when they do the best defender will be The Hawk.

It's the opposite side of the ball that hurts. The wind can negatively effect the Bills passing game. That's where they have a clear advantage over Pitt. 

Do you really want the game to come down to a running game vs Pitt? I don't. They have been on a tear running the ball and it's not like the Bills have been consistent stopping it. D Jones will help though. 

IMHO, a clear weather game with minimal wind would be ideal. Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen. 

34 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

No, they absolutely limped in, for the obvious reason alone. 

They didn't limp in. They went on a winning straight similar to this year. 

Edited by newcam2012

42 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

This team isn’t limping in. They have experience in the latest scenario (high winds, snow, physically tough AFC North opponent, etc.). They’re as prepared as you possibly can be. 

That's really yet to be determined. Your opinion is duely noted but it's just that. 

26 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah our local media is blissfully unaware of what @HappyDays has reported and is just going day by day checking to see if these guys practice.

They've turned every show into breakdowns on the weather and whether or not the Steelers fans will travel well.

Meanwhile we have 8 guys not practicing for this game. 

so by 8 you mean 5 (from yesterday) of which 2 were vet rest days?  just cause they werent seen during media portion doesnt mean they aint practicing.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It's the opposite side of the ball that hurts. The wind can negatively effect the Bills passing game. That's where they have a clear advantage over Pitt. 

Do you really want the game to come down to a running game vs Pitt? I don't. They have been on a tear running the ball and it's not like the Bills have been consistent stopping it. D Jones will help though. 

IMHO, a clear weather game with minimal wind would be ideal. Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen. 

Allen threw the ball pretty well in the wind game against the Pats...the one where Little Mac only threw 3 passes.

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Players from last year stated as such, that they needed the bye (1 seed). They were gassed, limped in.

Allen said this year they’re peaking at the right time. 

Game play supports what the players have said.

They know more than you. 

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sounds like Gabe is out.

If a sprained ankle in Week 2 was still being mentioned as the reason for his down year, then I had no reason to believe he’d be ready to go from a PCL in one week.

Sorry Gabe, nobody bought the sprained ankle excuse last year, and this year the numbers and efficiency are even lower and you’ve been healthy all year. 

Get told how hard of a worker he is, 2 weeks after the season is over he’s taking shirtless pics and he’s got a beer belly and 0 definition.

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Players from last year stated as such, that they needed the bye (1 seed). They were gassed, limped in.

Allen said this year they’re peaking at the right time. 

Game play supports what the players have said.

They know more than you. 

The players said all of that after they lost to Cinci. There was no such talk of that prior to the game. If so, go ahead and give me evidence of such. 

In fact, one could argue the opposite narrative. The Bills were a team of destiny due to Damar making a miraculous recovery. Win it all for Damar was a common theme. It's destiny and fate wasn't uncommon to hear. 

Bills playing at home!!! Huge home field advantage. Bengals oline depleted. Bills gonna smash Burrow. There was no fuc!!!!! talking of limping prior to the game. 

There was no talk of being gassed even after the Miami playoff win. Listen to Allen and the rest of the Bills afterwards. They talked about being resilient, winning is all that counts, and playing better.

Not one Bills fan I know said the team looked gassed. They don't have anything in the tank. The season is basically over they are on fumes. Instead, it was a resounding theme of how the Bills were gonna smash the Bengals. A few dissenters caught hell for their differing view. Low and behold is that a common theme. 

Let's talk reality rather than an alternate reality that fits your views. The limping in shiiiiit is non sense. They just get beat by a better prepared team that is a bad match up for Buffalo. Not to mention the McD game plan was horrific. 

Who knows what happens in Sunday. I hope to the high heaven the Bills blowout the Steelers. If not, I'll take a win ugly. Just win!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

They had one last year vs the Bengals. 

Luckily 17 kicked that playoff wrecker to the curb so he won’t be up at 2am with cops and a psycho in heels the night before the game.

23 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

A part of me wants the game moved.

I don’t think really cold weather is an advantage anymore. 

We have to make it an advantage.

Our team is in Buffalo.  They'll likely make the playoffs often with Allen, and will be playing a lot of games in January in the years ahead.   Weather is likely to be a big factor in many of those.

The team can embrace crazy weather, as they did w/ the frigid playoff game against the Pats - or fold in it, as they did against Cincy last year.

I think Beane has taken steps since that game to make the team more physical, and more versatile.  We can block & run w/ the best of them now.  And we have a tank of a QB who can make things happen in any conditions.  We probably would have won that Pats wind game if they just let him sling it the whole game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.