Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

15 minutes ago, motorj said:

I think the obvious game plan for the steelers will be running the clock out with the rb's as much as possible , the problem is the bills have also been running the clock out. I don't want it to be close but it's looking to be close

The final whistle could come at 3pm if both teams have their way :lol:

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

80+%?  Nah.  that's the best way for them to lose the game.

Weather is bad. Rudolph at QB. They are going to feed Harris and Warren and try to keep our O off the field. They were at 70% last week vs Balt. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Each game is a unique and self-contained entity.

I think the Bills can beat the Steelers by FOUR touchdowns at home. However, given the weather, the Steelers scoring defense and red zone defense rankings, and the Bills' recent propensity to commit bonehead mistakes, I predict a much closer game.

If it were as simple as "we beat the Dolphins by a touchdown on the road, and they're better than the Steelers, and we're at home, ergo we'll beat the Steelers by multiple scores", then sports prognostication would be a much easier practice. The transitive property does not apply to the NFL.

We should have beat the Dolphins by a similar 48-20 score based on the game...we were the only reason it was close. Dropped TDs, wide open TD throw missed, turnovers, end of half nonsense, etc...

By all rights the game should have been a laugher by early 3rd quarter.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We should have beat the Dolphins by a similar 48-20 score based on the game...we were the only reason it was close. Dropped TDs, wide open TD throw missed, turnovers, end of half nonsense, etc...

Right. Exactly why I'm picking such a close score for the Steelers game. 

If the Bills kept shooting themselves in the foot that often in pristine conditions against the Dolphins defense, why wouldn't I think they're going to do the same or worse and snowy/windy conditions against the Steelers defense?

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Right. Exactly why I'm picking such a close score for the Steelers game. 

If the Bills kept shooting themselves in the foot that often in pristine conditions against the Dolphins defense, why wouldn't I think they're going to do the same or worse and snowy/windy conditions against the Steelers defense?

If the Bills keep shooting themselves in the foot ..are they eventually going to lose to a good team ?

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we get a fluke punt return and they do NOT get a fluke punt BLOCK like they are known to do...

What is the chance we will turnover 3 times?  Even so, we still beat Patriots and Miami.  We are that good of team that overcome turnovers.  Good teams like KC Dallas SF philly failed when they turnover like we do.

45 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The Steelers yahoo fans seem downright cocky about this game. Will be great to send them packing 

Yeah, I mean I highly doubt EVERY Steelers fan is that way, but had to go to a meeting this morning and as usual I was representing in one of my Bills 17 shirts so the speaker holding this meeting turned out to be a Steelers fan and was very quick to let me know.

Lol, soon as I walked into the room and before I even sat down they came up to me, after making it a priority to be sure and make it clear to me this was a Steelers fan then they said (and I quote), "you know Steelers gona win this game right, Mason gona tear yall up and can't stop Harris".

I was in a bit of shock lol. I just can't understand what it is that one would be that confident? Lol, I mean looking at how the season has been for the Steelers wouldn't install that amount of confidence I'd think. If going off of only the 3 games won with Mason Rudolph (who they said sucked not long ago) and that makes them have that level of confidence then that is crazy

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

What is the chance we will turnover 3 times?  Even so, we still beat Patriots and Miami.  We are that good of team that overcome turnovers.  Good teams like KC Dallas SF philly failed when they turnover like we do.

Honestly kinda high? We turn the ball over a lot. Cant count that we'll always be able to overcome that.

20 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Weather is bad. Rudolph at QB. They are going to feed Harris and Warren and try to keep our O off the field. They were at 70% last week vs Balt. 

Also, look for a quick strike to Perkins or Johnson. 

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Agree 100%. The numbers back this up too. Allen was 30-38 for 350 yards. The running game with Allen was decent too especially in big 3rd and 4th downs. 

Yet, the Bills offense only mustered 14 points. Not good! The offense during this 5 game winning streak hasn't been particularly good or clicking on lots of cylinders. 

The Bills defense has been very good. The poor Steeler offense shouldn't be very successful on Sunday. 

The best path for a Steeler win is the Bills beating themselves.

26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

they were playing against Ravens without Jackson, OBJ, Flowers, Hamilton, Humphrey.  Now Watt is out.

They will be playing from behind. Let them run 70%...

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yep came here to post this, prices dropping steadily and hopefully will continue to do so!

Have a feeling there's going to be a lot of yellow and black in the stands 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.