Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

The defensive holding penalty that stopped the clock on Josh’s 3rd and 13 conversion screwed things up quite a bit on the drive. It required us to convert another 1st down when we may not have had to otherwise. 

As I mentioned in another thread, the NFL definitely needs to fix that next year. You shouldn’t be able to stop the clock by committing a penalty, and especially so if the opponent declines the penalty! 

• Like (+1) 4

I’m nervous that home field advantage won’t be as strong as we hope.  

There are a ton of tickets available on Ticketmaster.  Steelers fans will ***** them right up. 

• Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

My lord the weather looks like it’s going to be BRUTAL. 

So the home field advantage lies solely in all of you maniacs being LOUD. I have faith in you…. Mad Df GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better

I’ll get flamed for this but I honestly didn’t care if we lost last weekend because there’s no advantage for us at home with the weather. This team isn’t great in the elements, please don’t forget last year against the Bengals at home. The weather kills every advantage we have and we’re going to have to run the ball now. And unless you think we can all of a sudden shut down Cam Heyward for the first time ever, I just don’t see where the 10 point spread is coming from. I’d rather be playing in sunny south beach. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Expecting strong winds = emphasis on run game....do they suit up Linval Joseph and sit Von Miller? 

I recognize they don't play the same position, I am just thinking conceptually, I guess. 

I could see this. Maybe 5 DT’s and 4 DE’s. Rousseau, Lawson, and Epinesa are great at setting the edge, then have the big boys up the middle clean it up. Like to Joseph and Jones in on obvious running downs. 

25F with 20-30 MPH winds but dry for the time being. Hope things change weather wise as we get closer but I dont like those winds potentially taking away from the passing game. They're going to get their yards with Najee and Warren. Would be cool to see Playoff Lenny dress again this week. Need grinders in the mix. Im always nervous and paint worst case scenario's in my own head so I should shut up lol. Bills smashing this Sunday! 

Hey guys..... Bills fan since '84. Long time lurker here. First post. Pumped for Sunday!         

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWitch said:

25F with 20-30 MPH winds but dry for the time being. Hope things change weather wise as we get closer but I dont like those winds potentially taking away from the passing game. They're going to get their yards with Najee and Warren. Would be cool to see Playoff Lenny dress again this week. Need grinders in the mix. Im always nervous and paint worst case scenario's in my own head so I should shut up lol. Bills smashing this Sunday! 

Hey guys..... Bills fan since '84. Long time lurker here. First post. Pumped for Sunday!         

If it's closer to 20 - that really ain't too bad.

The wind is the only thing that concerns me.  Snow wouldn't be bad, as long as it's not like the Pats/Jets game.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There are a ton of tickets available on Ticketmaster.  Steelers fans will ***** them right up. 

There aren't a "ton" available 

Just now, Success said:

If it's closer to 20 - that really ain't too bad.

The wind is the only thing that concerns me.  Snow wouldn't be bad, as long as it's not like the Pats/Jets game.

Yeah after the NE playoff game 2 years ago at close to zero I dont worry about the cold. It stays dry Im feeling 100% confident. 

Steelers have a below average run defense compared to the better last 3 run defenses faced so that should spell well for bills. Unless they decide to abandon it this game all of a sudden because it hasn't worked the past 3 games

Edited by motorj

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is that normal? Altogether about half of the stadium available.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Masterclass 4D chess by the staff.  We can now run the ball.

Cook has been established as a good back.

Allen's threat to run has been firmly re-established

Now we can kill teams on play-action and deep....if Allen can remember how to put the proper air on 40+ yard passes 

Other than the Dallas game, Cook hasn't had a significant rushing game and has averaged an incredibly pedestrian 3.6 YPC 

So sure, if our Dallas offense shows up, agreed.  If not, then not necessarily.  

53 minutes ago, Governor said:

I guess when you take a step back and reanalyze those downs, the run to the left kneel down to keep the clock running, there’s no way that call came from Brady up top. That original call (whatever it was) was overruled by McD 100 percent. There’s no intent to get any yardage on that play whatsoever to get us into FG range.  

And we still didn’t kill the clock.

Which play are you referring to? The Allen run on 2nd and 11 after the Dolphins called their final timeout with under 3 minutes left? 

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  We should 100% win this game.  Honestly, if we lose I would be back on the fire McD train.  Pitts has a good physical team and good coaching but we have a better team and we are at home.  If we lose this game then 100% it's on coaching.

That said, I have no doubts we win this game.

As well, I have no doubt, but if we lose either home game, it's quite reasonable that there will be a significant swing in sentiment like that.  

How often can a team with Allen at QB fail to advance beyond the D Round. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Other than the Dallas game, Cook hasn't had a significant rushing game and has averaged an incredibly pedestrian 3.6 YPC 

So sure, if our Dallas offense shows up, agreed.  If not, then not necessarily.  

The tailing off of the running game is a huge concern to me.

This is either going to be remedied by Allen throwing 35+ times in bad weather or Leonard fournette is going to have a bigger role this week.

and maybe Playoff lenny should be involved in this game more.  The Steelers are going to come out and show they are the tougher team early and having this big dude run the ball on them and dish out some punishment might be just what this game needs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.