Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Figured that was coming.  Still, nice that it's confirmed. I want no part of that guy.

Bills have handled him mostly pretty well. Some games he is a complete non factor.

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Anyone remember the strike to Diggs in the EZ in the Pat/wind game?  I think that was over 40 yards, and he put it right on Diggs hands.  

And, fortunately, the Bills have a run game now.  We can run on anyone if we have to.

Yes, but Diggs dropped it because it was wobbled in the wind, not his fault. Perfect demonstration of how hard it is to pass in big wind. You can do everything right and it can still go wrong. 

Do they have a run game? They ran on Dallas, who stubbornly stuck with six DBs. Less success elsewhere, and if the wind is bad, the Steelers will stack the box and (if they're smart) contain Allen. 

Which would you rather have in very windy conditions, with the QBs more or less negated, the Steelers' line and Najee Harris, or the Bills' line and Cook? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

He might get lit up and still win the game. The Pitt plan is pretty simple. Run the rock, make a few explosive passes, play great d, and get turnovers. Win ugly. They can if they get the bad version of the Bills. 

Bills have been erratic the past weeks but still 5-0 over the stretch.  Steelers have gone 3-2 over the same stretch against 4 backup QBs and Geno Smith.

I guess if you're saying "on any given Sunday".....then yeah, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is one of those weather games vs a weak opponent that we need Josh to control himself.

I saw a crazy stat yesterday. Since 2020 the Bills are 16-0 when Allen doesn’t turn the ball

over. Thats an unbelievable stat.

Wait, is that true? What is even crazier is that out of 101 games started, including playoffs, he only has 16 games without a TO.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills have been erratic the past weeks but still 5-0 over the stretch.  Steelers have gone 3-2 over the same stretch against 4 backup QBs and Geno Smith.

I guess if you're saying "on any given Sunday".....then yeah, I guess. 

But you're a Bills fan, so you should understand this team plays down to the competition & keeps bad teams in the game with their turnovers. 

It's not really a farfetched scenario if the Bills play like that have in recent weeks. If they finally play to their potential & can successfully run the ball, then they can blow the Steelers out of the park.

I mean, it's not like they have an overwhelming overabundance of other options. Ruldolph has not made big mistakes in his three week run. Granted, that was to a down and out Bengals, a Seahawks team that got gashed in the run game, and the Ravens backups.

I predict a lot of disguised coverages and single deep safety.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Success said:

I think wind favors the Bills.  Rudolph has a strong enough arm - but I've never seen anyone throw in the wind like Allen.

Anyone remember the strike to Diggs in the EZ in the Pat/wind game?  I think that was over 40 yards, and he put it right on Diggs hands.  

And, fortunately, the Bills have a run game now.  We can run on anyone if we have to.

Yup - The issue wasn't even with Allen throwing in the wind, it was with the receivers struggling to adjust to a ball that moves around a bit in the air as they go to catch it.   Allen was putting it on them.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, finn said:

Yes, but Diggs dropped it because it was wobbled in the wind, not his fault. Perfect demonstration of how hard it is to pass in big wind. You can do everything right and it can still go wrong. 

Do they have a run game? They ran on Dallas, who stubbornly stuck with six DBs. Less success elsewhere, and if the wind is bad, the Steelers will stack the box and (if they're smart) contain Allen. 

Which would you rather have in very windy conditions, with the QBs more or less negated, the Steelers' line and Najee Harris, or the Bills' line and Cook? 

We'll stack the box too - and do it w/ more confidence.  No matter what the conditions, the Steelers will have to defend the pass.

They have a better running game & line, but it's not night & day.

We're playing the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is not a very good team.  We couldn't have hoped for a better draw.  Weather or no, this game shouldn't be that close.

13 minutes ago, finn said:

I don't know much about their OL. 

I know our DL is relatively healthy and we can activate Linval Joseph and put Rousseau, Floyd and Lawson out there on the edge as top tier run defenders.

It's not Najee/Warren vs Cook/Fournette(?)..  It's Najee/Warren vs Allen/Cook/Fournette(?)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

But you're a Bills fan, so you should understand this team plays down to the competition & keeps bad teams in the game with their turnovers. 

It's not really a farfetched scenario if the Bills play like that have in recent weeks. If they finally play to their potential & can successfully run the ball, then they can blow the Steelers out of the park.

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If they get behind to the Bills, I see no way that "the hot hand" (3 TDs in 3 starts) wins with his arm. 

Steelers gone run the ball 80%+ of the time. Pickens will likely score a long TD on a slant with the Bills playing up. Hopefully weather is not too bad and we wind up in a game like NE a few years ago. Regardless we need to score fast and early to force PIT to play catch up. Dont give them any false hope. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If they get behind to the Bills, I see no way that "the hot hand" (3 TDs in 3 starts) wins with his arm. 

Oh agreed. I think what I said is that he doesn't make the "big" mistake, and with a Steelers model of allowing teams to move but clamping down on points and winning ugly, not making the big mistake while playing the AFC South and an injured AFC North can win you games. 

But if the Bills get up two scores on them, I will not be shocked if mistakes start happening.

Having watched the Pats game and the Chargers game....yes, I see how it is entirely feasible that the Steelers could win. It would involve the Bills basically beating themselves, which unfortunately, they have been all too eager to do at times this year.

I maintain this will be a much closer game than it needs to be, will be anxiety inducing to the final whistle, and will be ugly and low scoring. 20-17 Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Oh agreed. I think what I said is that he doesn't make the "big" mistake, and with a Steelers model of allowing teams to move but clamping down on points and winning ugly, not making the big mistake while playing the AFC South and an injured AFC North can win you games. 

But if the Bills get up two scores on them, I will not be shocked if mistakes start happening.

That's over...

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Having watched the Pats game and the Chargers game....yes, I see how it is entirely feasible that the Steelers could win. It would involve the Bills basically beating themselves, which unfortunately, they have been all too eager to do at times this year.

I maintain this will be a much closer game than it needs to be, will be anxiety inducing to the final whistle, and will be ugly and low scoring. 20-17 Bills.

We beat Miami by 7 at away.   You don't think we can beat Pittsburgh more than a touchdown at home 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's over...

Yes...

My point was that it got them limping into the 7th seed by playing conservative against vulnerable opponents. That's a lot harder to do vs playoff teams, many of whom have a better defense than the Steelers.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

After we win on Sunday,we will get the 2nd lowest seed remaining next week correct?  Lowest seed goes to Baltimore.

If the Bills win the divisional round will be

Fins at Ravens if Miami wins and the Bills get the winner of the Texans/Browns.

Chiefs at Bills if KC wins and the Ravens get the winner of the Texans/Browns.

4 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

We beat Miami by 7 at away.   You don't think we can beat Pittsburgh more than a touchdown at home 

Each game is a unique and self-contained entity.

I think the Bills can beat the Steelers by FOUR touchdowns at home. However, given the weather, the Steelers scoring defense and red zone defense rankings, and the Bills' recent propensity to commit bonehead mistakes, I predict a much closer game.

If it were as simple as "we beat the Dolphins by a touchdown on the road, and they're better than the Steelers, and we're at home, ergo we'll beat the Steelers by multiple scores", then sports prognostication would be a much easier practice. The transitive property does not apply to the NFL.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah the reality is that the Bills have only had 5 decisive victories where they played well on both sides of the ball for most of the game and 3 of those were in the first month of the season.   And none recently.   

Everything else has been a hard-watch, mistake-filled struggle including the last 3 wins........all against reeling/depleted teams.

So I'd expect a one score game regardless of who plays or doesn't for Pittsburgh.    And that's not necessarily a bad thing.   Just win.   The last two times the Bills played really well and blew out an opponent in the WC game.........the 343 yard rush game to end Shula's career and the "perfect game" vs NE......... they got beaten the next week.     

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Seriously??

From what I can tell going on their boards and from my interactions with the Steelers fans I know, yes. Mason Rudolph is apparently the savior to these people

Edited by buffblue

With the wind, I fully expect the Steelers Offense to consist of runs, screen passes and slants.  

That's their Offense in good weather, and will surely be what they turn to with windy conditions.  

Stuff the run and do not let them get a cheap TD on a Pickens slant.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok everybody. We’ve all been here before. Some are expecting the bills to take care of business but that’s not our bills. We will take a huge lead, take the foot off the gas and let them come back. We will score to go ahead in the 4th quarter. The Steelers will get the ball back on the last possession down 6 points and we will all be biting our nails until they fail a 4th and 1 pass to end the game at our 30 yard line. We then kneel the ball 3 times and win 

Bills win 24-18

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

My experience with my co-workers here in central PA, they were saying the Steelers would be one and done, and they know their QB situation isn't great and they sure as hell aren't sold on any of them.

Same here in Erie. They feel they are in a circle of mediocrity ala the drought Era Bills. There's still some cocky dbags though of course. But hard for them to talk crap when you take Watt out too. 

I think the obvious game plan for the steelers will be running the clock out with the rb's as much as possible , the problem is the bills have also been running the clock out. I don't want it to be close but it's looking to be close

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Steelers gone run the ball 80%+ of the time. Pickens will likely score a long TD on a slant with the Bills playing up. Hopefully weather is not too bad and we wind up in a game like NE a few years ago. Regardless we need to score fast and early to force PIT to play catch up. Dont give them any false hope. 

80+%?  Nah.  that's the best way for them to lose the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.