Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

18 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Really? People are upset because a politician is making a lighthearted comment saying the opposing team's fan base should avoid a storm and not attend the game in Buffalo?

Really? You think THIS will galvanize the Pittsburgh fan base and the team? This is prime bulletin board material?

Too ***** much.

Just another PTSD trigger. Try not to put too much stock in it. I'm here worried that because I dared to look at what the early ticket prices are for next week's game I put bad juju into the universe which will then come back to harm me. If I have that much cosmic power I really should be using it differently, but my brain will worry about it anyway.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I'm sure those comments were referenced in the huddle as they started that drive. Gave them the extra motivation they needed.

I'm fighting the demons with you brother. Remember, it's in your head. Everything will be fine. The universe doesn't keep score and it doesn't owe you or hate you. This is what I tell myself anyway. My faith in that statement wavers and YMMV. 

john constantine GIF by Global Entertainment

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

12 to 18” in OP.

Going to be a lot of stuck vehicles. Make sure you bring supplies (including a shovel).

IMG-6477.jpg

Sorry for the stupid question, but what exactly does this mean? 12-18 inches of snow in OP? Per hour or in 24 hours?

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sorry for the stupid question, but what exactly does this mean? 12-18 inches of snow in OP? Per hour or in 24 hours?

12-18" per hour would be like an extinction-level weather event in WNY lol

1-3" per hour is what I heard earlier today, which is no joke when combined with 20-30 mph sustained winds. Zero visibility in those conditions. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

12-18" per hour would be like an extinction-level weather event in WNY lol

1-3" per hour is what I heard earlier today, which is no joke when combined with 20-30 mph sustained winds. Zero visibility in those conditions. 

The Office Thats GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

reframed, this was likely a graphic that started at some time Friday/Saturday and  progressed hour by hour through the weekend with an updated total accumulation at each of those hours… so you are seeing a screenshot of the final total 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

so far the weather here is calm we will see what the day brings i guess

The Titanic guests probably said the same thing.  Icebergs, I haven't seen one out here. So we're good, full speed to America!!!

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Just another PTSD trigger. Try not to put too much stock in it. I'm here worried that because I dared to look at what the early ticket prices are for next week's game I put bad juju into the universe which will then come back to harm me. If I have that much cosmic power I really should be using it differently, but my brain will worry about it anyway.

unfortunately , some people only have the cosmic power to make bad things happen

13 minutes ago, Negan said:

The Titanic guests probably said the same thing.  Icebergs, I haven't seen one out here. So we're good, full speed to America!!!

lol yeah weather gonna go downhill throughout the day, but looks like my area is gonna miss the bulk of the snow but who knows, lake effect predictions can be off sometimes, and if i get 1 to 2 feet oh well won't be the first or last time, just a part of winter life here in Southern Tier

Edited by billybob71
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Really? People are upset because a politician is making a lighthearted comment saying the opposing team's fan base should avoid a storm and not attend the game in Buffalo?

Really? You think THIS will galvanize the Pittsburgh fan base and the team? This is prime bulletin board material?

Too ***** much.

People are, on the average, stupid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

so far the weather here is calm we will see what the day brings i guess

Where is here?

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

I live about 3 miles from the stadium due east. 

Was sleeting when I got up. (6:30 am), now it's heavy wet snow. Not much wind to speak of. 

What is the accumulation, though?

9 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I live about 3 miles from the stadium due east. 

Was sleeting when I got up. (6:30 am), now it's heavy wet snow. Not much wind to speak of. 

I’m probably within a mile of

you and i Have nothing here.  Snow

forecast shifted a little north overnight.  Better news for tomorrow, I guess.  Or less awful, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Why would she take a shot at Pittsburgh ? Why does she have to say anything? Come on now 😠 

I loved that video. Can you imagine McDermott or any coach in the NFL having the balls to make a fun little video like that, shooting a little good natured jab at the opposition?

I didn't even think about the Pitt fans in the stadium; hopefully the weather keeps them away.

• Like (+1) 1

I heard it’s like 18 inches every hour for 48 hours.  Snowmageddon.

im just kidding.  I just read a few posts and was laughing.  Whoever asked on the hour must not live in Buffalo.  Heck I’ve been gone for 30 years, but seriously.

The game will be fine.  I thought it was hilarious Fish fans were trying to make a play for a move. Of the game.  I was at the two coldest games in Bills history.  Froze my butt off both times.

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m probably within a mile of

you and i Have nothing here.  Snow

forecast shifted a little north overnight.  Better news for tomorrow, I guess.  Or less awful, I suppose. 

Yeah. Nothing here now. Except my dog pooping in the mud pit more commonly known as our back yard.

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is the latest from WKBW Channel 7...

"Near zero visibility at times during the game"

"Snow coming down 1 inch per hour during game"

"Really difficult for folks to get to the stadium from all directions"

"Zero to 5 degrees F with wind chill during game" 

This game is going is going to be a joke, and it is VERY losable.  We don't have an obvious advantage playing in Mickey Mouse conditions like that.  Josh may not be able to throw a single pass.

I can't believe they didn't move the frigging game (change the day, or change the city).

https://www.wkbw.com/weather/aarons-forecast-tracking-very-strong-winds-and-snow-for-the-weekend

• Eyeroll 3

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This game is going is going to be a joke, and it is VERY losable.  We don't have an obvious advantage playing in Mickey Mouse conditions like that.  Josh may not be able to throw a single pass.

I can't believe they didn't move the frigging game (change the day, or change the city).

https://www.wkbw.com/weather/aarons-forecast-tracking-very-strong-winds-and-snow-for-the-weekend

I think it might happen. It's just that the NFL is loath to move anything because they are locked in already with the networks and are primed for maximum exposure. As people pointed out, there is also a balance issue where whoever the Bills might play next are already getting a day of rest, moving to Monday would give them 2. 

That said, it's hard to make money when you literally can't see the field with the camera. If it's white out conditions, I am betting the game gets moved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Wonder if playing a game without fans is an option? 

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, hey, let's give credit to having a state governor tell opposing fans to not show up to a playoff game! 😄

She is just stirring up the Steeler fans.  With some they can be told not to ram head into steel wall and they will do it just to despite teller.

Cincinnati mayor did it once.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I heard it’s like 18 inches every hour for 48 hours.  Snowmageddon.

im just kidding.  I just read a few posts and was laughing.  Whoever asked on the hour must not live in Buffalo.  Heck I’ve been gone for 30 years, but seriously.

The game will be fine.  I thought it was hilarious Fish fans were trying to make a play for a move. Of the game.  I was at the two coldest games in Bills history.  Froze my butt off both times.

What ever happened to braving the elements?

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Too ***** much.

I think the issue is that modern politicians are so wooden and effete that they just can't deliver a joke. Long gone are the days of Jimmy Griffin bullshitting like he's the guy one barstool over. 

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

An inch per hour is not bad at all compared to the 3-4" per hour that the most wicked bands lay down. 

5 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I don't really care where or when the game is or how many fans can make it, as long as the Bills win. And in these conditions it's a 50/50 luck draw which is ridiculous for a playoff game 

Sorry but I hate this attitude, it's leftover from covid-era fear bull####. The game exists for the fans, first and foremost the local fans. NFL TV cartel be damned.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is January in Western New York. If ownership insists on having an outdoor stadium, this is what we all have to live with.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, hey, let's give credit to having a state governor tell opposing fans to not show up to a playoff game! 😄

you know, I’ve always liked Governor Kathy Hochul

46 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This game is going is going to be a joke, and it is VERY losable.  We don't have an obvious advantage playing in Mickey Mouse conditions like that.  Josh may not be able to throw a 

So the NFL, County and State… by holding this game at 1pm are encouraging fans to drive in it.  That’s absurd and dangerous. If these are the conditions leading up to and after the game there’s going to be a ton of stranded people and emergency situations going on.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.