Head coach carousel 2024 edition

djp14150

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

who's trading for a coach on the hot seat?

Well the “hot seat” is defined by one person…..the team owner…..so if said team owner can convince other owners that either:

1. He is willing to keep Vrabel or

2. More than one team is interested…..creating a supply/demand issue

then they might be able to get a little something.

I’d imagine your reply to the above might be some sort of caustic dressing down/implication I just don’t understand.  Spare me with that if you would and explain what it costs Tennessee do give it a try.  All I can see as a possible cost would be a slight delay to their own search for a coach.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

""I love A.J. personally, but I am very comfortable with how this went down and how Jon and I were able to navigate," Titans coach Mike Vrabel said. "I try to support him and make decisions. Unfortunately, we understand if we are going to be here a while, we are not going to be able to keep every single player that we draft and develop."

Yeah he toed the company line. But they showed him in the draft room when the trade went down and he clearly was not happy. You know better than this.

• Agree 1

The Meathead, Vrabel, is a good head coach.  I know it's not fashionable nowadays to hire a new coach with a defensive background, but he's solid.  I hope New England hires someone else.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh God this statement is a Mad Libs of meaningless corporate buzzwords. I would feel rudderless if I was a Titans fan.

It's a very long way of not directly saying "I like our GM more than our Coach and one had to go"

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

WTF is so interesting about that? Vrabel has two losing seasons in a row under his belt. 

Are you going to make a similar dense post when Belichick gets canned or they part “mutually”?

The point was at least he had similar 'accomplishments' to mcD, but like I said...I get it, sometimes change just makes sense and Titans have been bad the last 2 years where the Bills have not obviously.

Also regarding Hoodie.....I'm already of the believe that it's time for both sides to move on. Because unless the Pats make a trade or sign a proven veteran QB I don't see them being able to improve much next year. And at least for Belichik, time is of the essence given his age so if he's going to continue coaching it makes sense that it's somewhere else with a roster that's more ready to compete for a championship out of the gate (i.e. Chargers).

• Haha (+1) 1

Man, a Vrabel/Arthur Smith duo is a dangerous one that I hope does not end up in NE.  Vrabel is a really good coach.  He dealt with a lot of BS in Tenn within the front office and has done wonders with pretty much not having a GM.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Wow this is a shocking move:

For my money Vrabel is a top 5 coach in the NFL, let down by poor roster management. I hope he doesn't end up in New England...

Is it? They've gone nowhere for years, though the timing is odd with Levis though he wasn't a 1st round pick.

You just have to swing at and invest in a top talent at QB. I think he’s a good coach that just dicked around entirely too much with the most important position on the team. 

35 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Vrabel will be unemployed for about 5 minutes. Probably will be the Pats next HC but if not, he will get one of the other HC openings.

Ugh that’s gonna be annoying to have him on the Pats 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Vrabel is a poor mans Sean Mcdermott,  still a really good coach

he can rebuild a team and instill a positive trending team. he doesn't seem to be able to take it beyond or excel once going forward.

he'd be good for the Chargers. It'd be interesting to see him in New England.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I don’t think you know the way Harbaugh is wired this is a man who once sat on a park bench in Chicago for 2 hours cause he was in awe of a traffic cop doing his job. Just wouldn’t shock me at all if he stays and said screw this I’ll do it again. 

There are diagnosis codes for that sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Vrabel is a poor mans Sean Mcdermott,  still a really good coach

Next coach of the Patriots.

41 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Well the “hot seat” is defined by one person…..the team owner…..so if said team owner can convince other owners that either:

1. He is willing to keep Vrabel or

2. More than one team is interested…..creating a supply/demand issue

then they might be able to get a little something.

I’d imagine your reply to the above might be some sort of caustic dressing down/implication I just don’t understand.  Spare me with that if you would and explain what it costs Tennessee do give it a try.  All I can see as a possible cost would be a slight delay to their own search for a coach.

obviously the Titans team  owner put the guy on the hot seat--he just canned him.  It was hardly shocking.

equally obvious other owners understood this was likely so none made a trade inquiry or obviously the Titans owner would have taken something over nothing.

no need to dress down--just pointing out the obvious

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

There are diagnosis codes for that sort of thing.

Next coach of the Patriots.

I absolutely hope the Pats hire Vrabel as HC over BOB as they get ready to draft their QB of the future.

48 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like the Titans have a big ownership problem too.

That sounds so stupid, like we couldn't be bothered to help our team be better so we just fired him instead.

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's a very long way of not directly saying "I like our GM more than our Coach and one had to go"

Which when you combine with that statement of trading him being too complicated is hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah he toed the company line. But they showed him in the draft room when the trade went down and he clearly was not happy. You know better than this.

I didn't read the body language because I didn't see it. that trade didn't sink his or his team's fortunes.  it was the inability to have a quality QB.  AJ Brown is wasted on Tannehill/Levis. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Not that you guys are wrong regarding your post to this subject, however, I'd point out that A.Pierce made a fairly strong case for himself and I could easily see him getting the chance with full offseason etc  to get the job with the quick turn around that team did from a messy situation.

Harbaugh has the better resume.  McDaniels never proved himself as a head coach at any level for those that are comparing the same situation to him and Biscotti.  Pierce could very well be their last resort if they can't catch the big fish.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That sounds so stupid, like we couldn't be bothered to help our team be better so we just fired him instead.

Which when you combine with that statement of trading him being too complicated is hilarious.

I cant stand any of the Adams after that low class Bud Adams flipped off the Bills and Bills fans after a game.

Money cant buy class.

Serious question:  is Brian Daboll the only member of the Belichick coaching tree still running an NFL team?

Absolutely putrid legacy if true.

And Daboll has had other influences and was never a coordinator (or, obviously, player) under Belichick.

Edited by BRH

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

What is the backstory here?

Bud Adams is a classless scumbag who liked beating the Bills after our Oilers Comeback game and Music City Forward Pass.

Nothing more to it than rivalry and an owner who cant rise above it.

And in this particular game the Titans blew us out so he was being a gracious winner and host and rubbing it in.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.