1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread Edit: Jags lost WE’RE IN!

Bills and home or chiefs away is a tough pill for Miami

I wonder if they'll rest anyone. Probably not. But they can't be happy with either prospect.  In some ways, they might be better off being fresh for Kansas than have to take a double dose of us. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I prefer Pittsburg at home then trying to beat a Dolphins team that could get some key players back.  The second seed gives us a easier road to ACF title game

I agree, but I think beating us twice in a row would be more difficult for Miami. However, I think the more important part is the potential for a home divisional round game, and a possible home AFCC game if the Ravens falter. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I just poured a cold one and raised it to Mike Vrabel.  It’s not often you can hook 3 fan bases on the last game like they did today by winning.

Seriously.  Not only this game but the game against the Dolphins as well.  I think One Bills Drive should send a truckload of wings to Tennessee the way they did for Cincinnati when the drought was ended.

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I honestly find the free pass to the playoffs to be enormously anti-climactic and the game will not be CLOSE to what it would have been if we needed to win to get in.

The game is almost a "who cares" type event now, though of course a win and the #2 seed could be a big deal.  

I understand people who have this way of thinking.

You're saying you would have preferred the drama, the atmosphere, the "cinema" of a win-and-in, lose-and-out game. 

I get that, but that ain't me. 

For me, it's simple: To win the Super Bowl, you have to get into the playoffs. Any way, shape, or form that that happens for the Bills -- pretty, ugly, definitive, barely, backing in, clinching in week 12 -- I don't care. All I care is that they're in. That being the case, I'm thrilled that they have a spot clinched. No amount of of drama, atmosphere, or cinematic tension was worth the potential of not even making it to the second season. Not when we have Joshua Patrick Allen under center.

And as I said earlier, I think the stakes are huge. The Bills' path to the Super Bowl looks A LOT easier as the 2-seed than the 6-seed. Getting the Steelers at home and then seeing the Phins have to travel to Arrowhead -- thus ensuring that one of them will be eliminated before we'd even see them -- would be amazing.

But first thing's first: Hold the line. Win the East. Squish the Fish. Go Bills.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

23 minutes ago, JMM said:

So with them in this HAS to change the mindset a bit tonight doesn't it? For BOTH teams. I mean you can't open up the whole playbook tonight with the chance we meet again in 7 days can you? Also we can't run Josh in planned plays as much can you? I know , I know we want 2 seed and home field. Understood. BUT the reality is that tonight is NOT a playoff game. And we can't afford to lose Josh to injury in a game that doesn't eliminate us at this point. It will be interesting to see how they approach it. One thing is for certain if the game starts to get out of hand either way, BOTH teams will start pulling guys. GO BILLS!!!

You have to play the game all out.  Hold nothing back.

You can't play to not get hurt. IMHO

Edited by longtimebillsfan

31 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Nightmare scenario for Miami- titans screwed them twice this year lol.

They lose tonight and  they got to go at arrowhead.

Win tonight and their "reward "is playing the bills again lol

Spoiler alert: The Chiefs suck.

13 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

Bills and home or chiefs away is a tough pill for Miami

I wonder if they'll rest anyone. Probably not. But they can't be happy with either prospect.  In some ways, they might be better off being fresh for Kansas than have to take a double dose of us. 

The fins board seems pretty one sided on they would rather the Chiefs even at arrowhead.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

You're saying you would have preferred the drama, the atmosphere, the "cinema" of a win-and-in, lose-and-out game. 

For me, it's simple: To win the Super Bowl, you have to get into the playoffs. Any way, shape, or form that that happens for the Bills -- pretty, ugly, definitive, barely, backing in, clinching in week 12 -- I don't care. All I care is that they're in. That being the case, I'm thrilled that they have a spot clinched. No amount of of drama, atmosphere, or cinematic tension was worth the potential of not even making it to the second season. Not when we have Joshua Patrick Allen under center.

And as I said earlier, I think the stakes are huge. The Bills' path to the Super Bowl looks A LOT easier as the 2-seed than the 6-seed. Getting the Steelers at home and then seeing the Phins have to travel to Arrowhead -- thus ensuring that one of them will be eliminated before we'd even see them -- would be amazing.

But first thing's first: Hold the line. Win the East. Squish the Fish. Go Bills.

You missed the point. Nextmanup is a secret Pats fan. 

Reread what he said through that perspective. 

Just now, Malazan said:

The fins board seems pretty one sided on they would rather the Chiefs even at arrowhead.

Which is odd because then they would need to go to baltimore again where they got curb stomped. 

Probably one of the better links I've found on an opponents forum:

They made a really good point that the Bills defense earlier this season already seemed to know what was going on.  Really interesting to see if we can reproduce our earlier defensive effort (and Baltimore's).  

Edit: to be clear, the guy talking in the video turns 10 minutes into 70.  But the first 10-15 had good knowledge in it

Edited by Rew

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Which is odd because then they would need to go to baltimore again where they got curb stomped. 

I don't think they're thinking that far ahead. I honestly don't get their panic at playing the Bills twice.

56 minutes ago, Simon said:

If I'm Josh Allen, I throw this game and then tell coach I'm spending the week in South Florida to save on travel and doing prep work on the beach.

I'm so glad that you aren't Josh Allen. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rew said:

They made a really good point that the Bills defense earlier this season already seemed to know what was going on.  Really interesting to see if we can reproduce our earlier defensive effort (and Baltimore's).  

McDermott seems to have a good read on the shanahan offense (49ers/rams/phins)

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree with a lot of this.

For me, either way has stress.  But one way was negative stress ("If we don't win, we are out!").  The other way has positive stress ("Let's kick their butts and take the division championship!")  I prefer the positive stress.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

They have struggled for sure. But Would you really wanna play Mahomes and Andy Reid in arrowhead in a playoff game?

Hell no, I'm sick of playing at KC.  Bring them to our home for a change!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Malazan said:

It feels like a better outcome for both sides if Buffalo wins tonight. I don't think either team or fanbase has an appetite for a rematch next week. Bills would rather play the Steelers at home, Dolphins would rather play the Chiefs even on the road.

Edited by HappyDays

I wonder how the pregame playoff berth affects Allen? If this was lose and go home, i know he’d be running out there like a wild Mustang, injury be damned.  But now he knows he has to live another week, at least. Don’t play stupid.

15 minutes ago, Rew said:

The Bills defense saw something in the earlier Dolphins game this year too. They had Miami's number in that game.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It feels like a better outcome for both sides if Buffalo wins tonight. I don't think either team or fanbase has an appetite for a rematch next week. Bills would rather play the Steelers at home, Dolphins would rather play the Chiefs even on the road.

I think that’s you speculating because the facts are that it will be high 70’s in Miami next week and it will be single digits in Kansas City. Miami is NOT winning in those conditions.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Gotta dig the guy standing next to the Porta Potty, on his phone...wearing a Bates jersey. Hardcore, man.

Right there!  Right there is SoFlo for ya.......these peeps just come outa woodwork!!!!  Yes!!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.