1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread Edit: Jags lost WE’RE IN!

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

One, it's before a crowd that's looking majority Bills fans. It's more a home game than our "home game" vs the Jags 

And come on, you think this Miami team is championship caliber? They are built to beat up on bad and mediocre teams. The one win they have vs a team with a winning record is the Cowboys.

They got lucky with their schedules and played teams at their worst while we played an objectively better slate of teams, effectively played every previous AFC division winner on the road (jags in London), the Eagles on the road, the Bengals in the two weeks Burrow was healthy and the best stretch Russel Wilson has had in three years. 

If they get the #2 they're going to get smacked embarrassingly in the division round

Granted, we can blow it and miss the playoffs. 

That does more for us getting to a deep run than limping in at the #7th seed. Which I will still take, but I'm willing to let it all ride 

They are not frauds by any means. 

I don’t care who they’ve beaten.  ALL NFL teams are good. All have pro football players.  You need good coaching to win as well. 

Nothing in the NFL is a given and any given day.   To win a game is difficult enough.  And they’ve won many. 

Viewing them as frauds is ignorant. 

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The amount of anxiety that would leave my mind if the titans got up like 21-0….hey how about we all get a break for once. God knows We deserve it

Tannehill, Henry, Hopkins. Great players who have been playing mediocre all year. They’re overdue for a good game 

I haven't even looked at the other games this week. The only one that really matters is the one at Hard Rock stadium tonight. There will be as many Bills fans there as Dolphins fans. This is a Bill's Mafia take over game.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The amount of anxiety that would leave my mind if the titans got up like 21-0….hey how about we all get a break for once. God knows We deserve it

It's kind of funny... As of now I'm good with whatever happens tonight. Only because, in the end the Bills control their own destiny. If they lose, after all the eff ups they've had this year then it's fair that they miss the show. Would suck, but I can accept that as long as there's no 13 second type play or the refs absolutely massacre us. If we win, it's going to glorious and a redemption moment that may provide the spark to go all the way. We know they have the potential,  but the light bulb still needs to come on. Go in as a 7 seed from a Jags loss, ehhh I guess anything can happen, but 1 and done wouldn't surprise me.

35 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I flip on the Fox pregame show at 11:35 and i immediately see highlights of wide right, music city miracle and 13 seconds, Lol.  Then they start talking about the disappointing Bills. and which team needs the game more tonight.

Don’t watch pregame and especially not Fox!

46 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Not hoping for, but fully expecting it. 

Which just makes this a playoff game for the Bills.  To me it's just like any other playoff game.  Win and move on.  Lose and go home.  It's not any more gut wrenching than any other Bills playoff game.  With that said, hell yeah I'm nervous, but I also have a sense of positive anticipation.  

Yeah my sense is if they can’t come out and play top level football this week, especially against a team potentially missing key contributors, then the playoffs will be a let down. Home games are only on the 2 seed option, hopefully they can give the fans some more. 

Think with the duality of this season that it should be fitting for win and in or none. 

• Like (+1) 1

When I think about how this season has gone - starting w/ that punt return the Jets had against us, and Mac Jones' game winning drive, and 12 men on the field, and Philly hitting a 60-yarder in the rain, and ALL of the crazy ups & downs - the fact that we can lock up the 2 seed tonight is wild.

What a great opportunity, and a chance to start all brand shiny new in a week as one of the SB favorites.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We’ve seen it over the past 4 weeks but the “refuse to lose” mentality has to be full throttle tonight and going forward.  There have been seasons i’ve felt that about Tom Brady and Mahomes. That mentality that we WILL win this game and playoffs. 

Fish are giving themselves lots of excuses if they lose this one. I think they will come out very motivated and the Bills must match that intensity to keep them from believing they have a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

They are not frauds by any means. 

I don’t care who they’ve beaten.  ALL NFL teams are good. All have pro football players.  You need good coaching to win as well. 

Nothing in the NFL is a given and any given day.   To win a game is difficult enough.  And they’ve won many. 

Viewing them as frauds is ignorant. 

Respectfully, no.

The Panthers are a professional team. Having pro players does not a contender make.

But if you want to get pedantic I'll say "fraudulent Super Bowl contender"

Because people act like they are. Their fans act like they are. They media was acting that way most of the year. 

People loved to crow about their historic offensive numbers without context. I have offered it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I personally believe they will play very well tonight and win. 

But that doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. I'm not the lynch mob, but there will be questions to answer. There is no reason this team should ever miss the playoffs with Allen especially with some of the nonsensical, really inexcusable losses they had.

Just because games don't always go the way you like doesn't mean you get rid of one of the most successful gm/hc tandems in franchise history.

They are not going anywhere this off season. 

I am so glad your group can only whine on social platforms and have no real decision making authority.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Fish are giving themselves lots of excuses if they lose this one. I think they will come out very motivated and the Bills must match that intensity to keep them from believing they have a chance. 

Yeah - sitting Waddle and Mostert to be a 100% for playoffs has a potential benefit today of a "next man up / everyone step up" mentality while providing additional excuse/rationalizing if they lose - "it's OK we were missing so many key pieces - we will be OK for the playoffs when we get people back"

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Miami is the team that is going to have a hard time matching intensity.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Yup.  Zero excuses tonight.

For the Dolphins…, by the way, I heard they don’t have knees, and that gives Buffalos the advantage…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Titans stadium looks half empty...I guess everyone is at the grand ole opry this morning listening to some hee haw.

I wouldn't blame them. What a magical place and great piece of Americana. 

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

And this is why incentives are given. A motivated Floyd attacking Tua today to get 1.5 sacks and collect his $1M when the season is on the line! Love it!!!!

He'll be playing with his hair on fire. Love it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I am scared to watch. The Bills history is filled with amazing victories and soul crushing losses, and I don't know if I can handle the latter. I actually had a nightmare last night where the Bills lost 69-24. The game took place in Miami but the field was covered with a sheet of ice! Instead of running, the players were literally sliding down the field at tremendous speeds.

The Bills have a great opportunity to get the 2nd seed and go into the playoffs with some momentum. I just don't know if I can watch it.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

And this is why incentives are given. A motivated Floyd attacking Tua today to get 1.5 sacks and collect his $1M when the season is on the line! Love it!!!!

Bills better be giving him that bonus regardless 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.