Vivid Seats projecting more Bills fans at the game Sunday than Dolphins fans

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bills-mafia-takeover-52-of-fans-attending-game-in-miami-projected-to-be-buffalo-bills-fans

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Get ready South Florida here comes Bills Mafia!

Sunday's showdown for the AFC East title in Miami is a road game for the Buffalo Bills, but it may not look and feel like it.

According to VividSeats.com, it projects that more than half of the fans inside Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday will be rooting for the Buffalo Bills. That's a lot of red, white and blue as the stadium holds 65,326 people.

Using the "Fan Forecast" algorithm VividSeats projects that the split of fans at Sunday's game in Miami will be 52% to 48% in favor of the Bills.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

This.  Bills fans always represent well in Miami.

Yep.  It is an annual planned vacation for many Buffalonians...and the fact the game is so big has inspired even more folks to make the trip.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Best season Miami has had in a long time 

Biggest home game for Miami in 20 years. And still can't get their own fans to fill the place. Hysterical.

It’s Florida. None of the NFL teams do well unless they win a SB. It’s a college football State. The NFL & AFL wanted a warm weather locale for the previously north east and central states only Leagues. But it’s worked out well as all northern teams who have games down here bring their fans for a reason to get out of the cold for a winter weekend.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Is this percentage of sales on vivid?  I bet there are a lot of tickets from season ticket holders that never show up on the secondary market. You have to assume those are fishes.  

And a ton of Fish ST holders sell their tickets to Buffalo fans because they can make some $$$. 

• Like (+1) 2

normally it is transportation prices that keep me from going to games. this time it is ticket prices. I should have pulled the trigger 2 months ago on tickets for this one because I can take Cheapo Air down there for $130.

Back in Nov. Tickets for lower bowl were $240 for very good seats and airfare from Spirit was $70.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, eball said:

Yep.  It is an annual planned vacation for many Buffalonians...and the fact the game is so big has inspired even more folks to make the trip.

Especially when the game is in the winter months. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Apparently you’ve never seen or been to a Bills-Fish game in Miami before. 

I’ll never forget it

that week was incredible and I talk about it every year how I want to do the backers week again in fort lauderdale

went back in 07 when we had TO (I think that was the year)

unreal week and weekend with bills fans - we got slaughtered but was amazing 

Considering all the WNY transplants living in Central and South Florida who are die-hard Bills fans, along with the snowbirds from Buffalo, the Bills may very well have a home-field advantage in Hard Rock Stadium. GO BILLS squish the FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I believe it.  Most of these seats were bought long ago. 

Bingo. All Miami games are full of Bills fans, especially when played late in the season. Then add the Bills fans who already live down south. 

For many years, the Bills played the 'Phins in Miami early in the season and then hosted them in the winter. I liked that arrangement until the Miami stadium sunshine advantage came into play. I like this even better - we avoid the heat and still get a "home game" against them in the winter.

I wonder if the clear advantage they got in last year's early game affected the league's decision to flip-flop the home and away games.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bingo. All Miami games are full of Bills fans, especially when played late in the season. Then add the Bills fans who already live down south. 

The Mrs. and I almost got tickets as far back as September.  

Even then things were a little bit more than we were willing to pay and it just sort of died on the vine.  

Therefore I will have to suffer through watching it on the 135" screen in the living room.

First world problems.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

normally it is transportation prices that keep me from going to games. this time it is ticket prices. I should have pulled the trigger 2 months ago on tickets for this one because I can take Cheapo Air down there for $130.

Back in Nov. Tickets for lower bowl were $240 for very good seats and airfare from Spirit was $70.

This year will be three in a row for us.  Can't wait; the crowd is always pro-Bills and I expect this one to be crazy...

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm sure we will represent well, but we haven't played particularly well in these mixed crowd away games (LA and London).

You do remember the season opener in LA last year?

10 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bills-mafia-takeover-52-of-fans-attending-game-in-miami-projected-to-be-buffalo-bills-fans

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Get ready South Florida here comes Bills Mafia!

Sunday's showdown for the AFC East title in Miami is a road game for the Buffalo Bills, but it may not look and feel like it.

According to VividSeats.com, it projects that more than half of the fans inside Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday will be rooting for the Buffalo Bills. That's a lot of red, white and blue as the stadium holds 65,326 people.

Using the "Fan Forecast" algorithm VividSeats projects that the split of fans at Sunday's game in Miami will be 52% to 48% in favor of the Bills.

I don't quite see how a home crowd could be under < 50% especially when the visiting team is not really close in proximity.  

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm sure we will represent well, but we haven't played particularly well in these mixed crowd away games (LA and London).

LOL that wasn’t a mixed crowd game, it technically was a “home game.”

It was more like a neutral site game 

3 hours ago, eball said:

I can see Dols fans being despondent and selling their tix.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

the intense heat may wipe out 48% of that 52%

At 8:15 PM?

Edited by Doc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.