What is your New Year's Bills Roster Resolution

Wizard

If you could give a 2024 New Year's roster resolution to Beane and McDermott, what would it be?

My Bills Resolution:

The Bills will not carry a FB during the 2024 season.

Edited by Wizard
Clarity
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Quit drinking after they win the Super Bowl! 😃🍻

Who's with me? 

Since the premise of this thread if "for Beane and McDermott".. I'm guessing they would be with you.

• Wizard changed the title to What is your New Year's Bills Roster Resolution

Why is Harty no longer used on offense?

he made a few key plays earlier in the season. He’s very quick.

Sherfield and Murray should be put on the bench. (Although Sherfield returning to Miami could increase the chance of him playing well)

Fournette and Isabella/Shorter should be active 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

LOAD UP at WR. 

Sign Mike Evans / Tee Higgins etc if possible

Draft WR’s in Round 1 AND Round 2

this WR class is loaded and the Bills need to take advantage.  If both of them hit, your window as a top team remains open longer

Diggs (assuming he isnt traded)

Veteran FA

Shakir

Rookie

Rookie

Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills don’t prioritize the position and instead draft S and DT in high rounds

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wizard said:

If you could give a 2024 New Year's roster resolution to Beane and McDermott, what would it be?

My Bills Resolution:

sigh……

for a 53 man roster…..

23 offense — 2 QB, 3 RB, 9 OL, 5 WR, 3 TE , 1 wildcard position.

23 Defense — 8 DL, 1, DE/LB, 4 LB,  9 DBs, 1 wildcard position

P

K

LS

2 ST captains

2 other spots ( 1 is usually a K/P returner) 

if that ST captain is a FB so be it.

1. Figure out a way to make Knox and Von's cap situation not so terrible
  2. Cut Harty
  3. Find the magical solution to bring back DaQuan and Floyd for sure, AJ if possible.  
  4. Find a way to get some form of compensation for Dane Jackson
  5. Tweak Diggs contract (Maybe he's looking to go to Dallas after all?)
  6. Extend Dawkins and Brown

Draft/FA

1. Figure out the future at both Safety positions
  2. Draft WR with WR1 potential.  
  3. Draft Center
  4. Bring in better punter

Coaching

1. Bring in new OC with history of TE utilization and RB balance
  2. Fire ST Coach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Instead of paying ST players who rarely make a tackle, find a guy about 7'6" that drags his knuckles when he walks to block FG and XP attempts. Just tell him to stand there, raise his arms and if he can get an inch or two of air, all the better.

• Haha (+1) 3

That's so random. Whether we have a full back or not seems so trivial. He is basically a special teams player who comes in at FB or TE when we need him to. There are so many bigger issues.

I wish we had a great #2 WR who actually causes conflicts for defenses and makes Diggs harder for defenses to deal with because they also have to consider the damage our #2 could do.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

LOAD UP at WR. 

Sign Mike Evans / Tee Higgins etc if possible

Draft WR’s in Round 1 AND Round 2

this WR class is loaded and the Bills need to take advantage.  If both of them hit, your window as a top team remains open longer

Diggs (assuming he isnt traded)

Veteran FA

Shakir

Rookie

Rookie

Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills don’t prioritize the position and instead draft S and DT in high rounds

Oh get ready. They are definitely drafting S and DT before WR. 

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Instead of paying ST players who rarely make a tackle, find a guy about 7'6" that drags his knuckles when he walks to block FG and XP attempts. Just tell him to stand there, raise his arms and if he can get an inch or two of air, all the better.

Spencer Brown is 6'8+ with 34+ inch arms, and a 31 inch vertical - may already have That kick blocker on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

For me, it’s drafting a WR in the first round. The need is there, it’s a good use of positional value, and there should be someone worthy of the pick when we draft. 

I'd also be open to trading Diggs if we could acquire Mike Evans. Maybe Tee Higgins, but I really don’t think Higgins is a #1. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Wizard said:

My Bills Resolution:

Yup, use that roster spot for a WR that has route running capacity and can CATCH what’s thrown to him, and stuff  like that…,  a combo of a TE or RB  can be used to lead block or help the QB through motion to determine what defenses are up to, it ain’t that hard to do…, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, GymShorts84 said:

Stop the hard count with no intention to snap play on 4th and 2 at midfield. 

Of everything you could say, you chose this?  Why does this bother you?  Sure, it’s unlikely but you never know when someone is going to be an idiot    It costs nothing (except a minute of our time) and could yield a first down.  It has yielded first downs.  

• Like (+1) 1

So I guess I’m also asking Beane and McDermott to criticize the Kincaid pick. The sweep of WRs that were taken right before the TE is perhaps the spot the Bills should have moved up to. I’m seeing a very talented group of rookie WRs this year, and the Bills thought they had loaded up the pass catchers room with Kincaid, Sherfield and Harty. 2024 quarterbacking tell me I think that was a mistake, even though Kincaid is good and will get better. 

It’s being talked about that Bowers is a prize and teams will go high up to take up.. like top 5! But if the Bills can go up top 10 to get Odunze, then that would make the Kincaid trade look better handled and planned out. 

Kincaid + Odunze > Flowers + Bowers

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Of everything you could say, you chose this?  Why does this bother you?  Sure, it’s unlikely but you never know when someone is going to be an idiot    It costs nothing (except a minute of our time) and could yield a first down.  It has yielded first downs.  

Less likely if you do it every single dumb time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.