Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Ingram destroyed Dawkins when he played for Pitt in the 2021 season opener too. But maybe he’s lost a step.

Why did he sit out the first 16 weeks? Because he’s not a difference maker like he was 3 years ago. He’s an act of desperation on Miami’s part. He’s average at best. If he becomes a difference maker on Sunday we don’t belong in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Why? What has Isabella done that you’ve seen that makes this change 

I think it’s more about giving another player a shot because Harty has done nothing himself. 

• Agree 1

As a punt returner no news is good news. He had a fumble vs. LAC 2 weeks ago but seems sure handed all year. I noticed Sunday in the fourth quarter he could have tried for more yards but stepped out of bounds giving JA17 great field position. No need for a change in a playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, finn said:

Is it possible he lost his nerve? He got smashed in the Philly game (after the whistle) and body slammed in a game before that, forgot which game. He might be shying away from contact, or maybe he's looking over his shoulder. I had the impression that the "overthrown" ball by Allen wasn't overthrown at all but that Diggs let up or wasn't running at top speed. Something about the way Allen reacted. 

No. He turned on the jets while the ball was in the air to gain separation. Just wasn't fast enough. That was on Allen on that play

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

Melvin Ingram always makes a big play against us

LOL uh huh and Josh Allen can never beat Melvin Ingram…right?

This was debunked twice last year - both in Week 16 and in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  

Ingram is probably a competent pass rusher.  I don’t know - I haven’t watched him this season.  But the drop off from Chubb to Ingram and Ogbah is huge in 2023.  

Also there is certainly a reason why he sat on the couch until week 16.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Why? What has Isabella done that you’ve seen that makes this change necessary?

C’mon dude, don’t be obtuse. 

OP is pointing out that in 16 games, Harty has been disappointing. There is another guy (Isabella) siting on the bench who has shown some ability in college and aNFL. What do you have to lose to give this guy a chance?

• Like (+1) 1

There’s one thing that worries me more than any other about this game. Buffalo wins every big game vs Miami. That’s not easy. At some point will it flip? sure hope that it’s not this week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Don’t worry about the Jags or Steelers losing, if we can’t beat Miami our playoff run is doomed playing  on the road against better teams KC, Baltimore. The Dolphins can’t beat physical, talented teams. With Chubb, Waddle, Howard out and Tua, Mostert and Hill dinged let’s just go in there and blow their doors off.

Have we heard anything to confirm that waddle and Howard are out?

13 hours ago, BritBill said:

Early Sunday morning game sucks. After all us Brits have done for the game over the last few years

this is how we’re repaid? Thanks for nothing, Rodger. 

I’m not even gonna give @chongli a “cheers” on his TV maps post this week. That’s how miffed I am.

I feel bad for you guys (and anyone else in Europe) watching the primetime games here. In other countries in different longitudes that follow the NFL, like Australia , those games are on in the afternoons. Being in Nevada here in the western US, I like to complain that the London and Germany games start at 6:30 AM here, but that is nothing compared to the UK. Might be better for you to DVR the game, and then watch first thing in the morning if you don't have to work then.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

LOL uh huh and Josh Allen can never beat Melvin Ingram…right?

This was debunked twice last year - both in Week 16 and in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  

Ingram is probably a competent pass rusher.  I don’t know - I haven’t watched him this season.  But the drop off from Chubb to Ingram and Ogbah is huge in 2023.  

Also there is certainly a reason why he sat on the couch until week 16.  

Calm down tough guy. I’m not saying he is an upgrade, all I said was Melvin Ingram seems to make a big play against us. 

I didn’t even pluralize “play”…. 😂

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Stinger is probably the best case for that injury.

It was weird - when he first took the hit, on the ground he flexes his right hand like the sensation is in his right side, then on the sideline they are working on his left shoulder/neck

Edited by stevewin

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

There’s one thing that worries me more than any other about this game. Buffalo wins every big game vs Miami. That’s not easy. At some point will it flip? sure hope that it’s not this week.

When did that flip for the Pats against anyone in our division with Tom Brady?

1 minute ago, chongli said:

I feel bad for you guys (and anyone else in Europe) watching the primetime games here. In other countries in different longitudes that follow the NFL, like Australia , those games are on in the afternoons. Being in Nevada here in the western US, I like to complain that the London and Germany games start at 6:30 AM here, but that is nothing compared to the UK. Might be better for you to DVR the game, and then watch first thing in the morning if you don't have to work then.

It's not always easy, but when you are a fan, you don't care :)

For me primetime is 2 or 2.30 am. Sometimes I manage to get some sleep before that, but most time I don't, so then I sleep from 6am to 11am and go to work later. I've always had a work which allowed me to do that thankfully.

I hope for 4 more primetime games this year lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

McDaniel seemed to rule Howard out. 

Haven’t heard anything on Waddle, but they’d have to basically make that ankle completely numb if he’s truly dealing with a high ankle sprain only a couple weeks removed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Haven’t heard anything on Waddle, but they’d have to basically make that ankle completely numb if he’s truly dealing with a high ankle sprain only a couple weeks removed. 

Didn't see that on Howard. I thought all McDaniel said was he was unsure of the severity of the injury. He was downgraded from questionable to out during the Ravens game though, so that doesn't sound great for him

Do the Belichick thing - focus on Hill, and limit his impact.  Waddle will either be out, or playing w/ a hurt ankle.

The Bills haven't had a "big" game for awhile, on offense.  I think there is a chance this game might be over early.

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

It's not always easy, but when you are a fan, you don't care :)

For me primetime is 2 or 2.30 am. Sometimes I manage to get some sleep before that, but most time I don't, so then I sleep from 6am to 11am and go to work later. I've always had a work which allowed me to do that thankfully.

I hope for 4 more primetime games this year lol.

Absolutely insane! I can function on 4-5 hours sleep for one day, but I need 7-8 hours, at least, each night to be at my best.

For your case, let's hope the Bills get afternoon Wild Card and Divisional games. For the Super Bowl, I can't help with that!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Waddle has the high ankle sprain and they think he won’t be available. Howard had been struggling with a hip injury but the foot injury yesterday was on the Ravens first play and after being carted off he immediately was ruled out, so I hope they’re crazy enough to play him. With the secondary they put out there Ravens receivers were so wide open it was a bloodbath.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Waddle has the high ankle sprain and they think he won’t be available. Howard had been struggling with a hip injury but the foot injury yesterday was on the Ravens first play and after being carted off he immediately was ruled out, so I hope they’re crazy enough to play him. With the secondary they put out there Ravens receivers were so wide open it was a bloodbath.  

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thanks-

sure hope Fangio keeps Ramsey on the right side like he has been the majority of the year.  Line Diggs up on the opposite side qnd let him go to work on Kohou like he did week 4.  Have a feeling he may have Ramsey line up across Diggs though.  

High ankle sprains are no joke.  I heard it wasn’t deemed severe but 2 weeks isn’t enough to come in a mnf make an impact.  I hope they play him tbh.  

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Do the Belichick thing - focus on Hill, and limit his impact.  Waddle will either be out, or playing w/ a hurt ankle.

The Bills haven't had a "big" game for awhile, on offense.  I think there is a chance this game might be over early.

Yeah but we must key on Achane as well.  He’s really a dynamic runner.  That speed is unfair

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thanks-

sure hope Fangio keeps Ramsey on the right side like he has been the majority of the year.  Line Diggs up on the opposite side qnd let him go to work on Kohou like he did week 4.  Have a feeling he may have Ramsey line up across Diggs though.  

High ankle sprains are no joke.  I heard it wasn’t deemed severe but 2 weeks isn’t enough to come in a mnf make an impact.  I hope they play him tbh.  

Yeah but we must key on Achane as well.  He’s really a dynamic runner.  That speed is unfair

Achane is scary and the type of player that can be dangerous on screens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Achane is scary and the type of player that can be dangerous on screens.

Screens and in the run game.  Deadly.  I worry about him being a long term star though.  Seems like a 3-4 year RB that won’t be able to sustain the rigors of being a RB for very long

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

Andre Reed was a different player in Super Bowl XV after the Giants repeatedly hit him hard. Who knows what goes through football players' heads after big hits, especially after the Damar Hamlin incident? Diggs is human. It's not "nonsense" to consider that he might be fighting a psychological battle after being slammed to the ground gratuitously and violently on two occasions this season.

If he's not injured--and McDermott says he's not--how else do you explain his decline in performance and evidently taking himself out the game for long stretches?

Wait til after the season ends. Most times you hear about what players were dealing with then. Nobody is going to bring attention to something so it can be a target for defenders or the NFL as to why he isn't on the injury report.

I think it's pretty clear he is fighting thru something.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Screens and in the run game.  Deadly.  I worry about him being a long term star though.  Seems like a 3-4 year RB that won’t be able to sustain the rigors of being a RB for very long

He's already been hurt multiple times this year 

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wait til after the season ends. Most times you hear about what players were dealing with then. Nobody is going to bring attention to something so it can be a target for defenders or the NFL as to why he isn't on the injury report.

I think it's pretty clear he is fighting thru something.

He's already been hurt multiple times this year 

Mmmhmm

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

C’mon dude, don’t be obtuse. 

OP is pointing out that in 16 games, Harty has been disappointing. There is another guy (Isabella) siting on the bench who has shown some ability in college and aNFL. What do you have to lose to give this guy a chance?

A fumble or a bad decision to let ball bounce and lose 20-40 yards field position. Fair catch when he should return it. Harty has been underwhelming but it’s a bad time to make a move in my opinion. Didn’t they try this several weeks ago. I’ll trust the coaches on this one 😉

Edited by Paul Costa

3 hours ago, finn said:

Andre Reed was a different player in Super Bowl XV after the Giants repeatedly hit him hard. Who knows what goes through football players' heads after big hits, especially after the Damar Hamlin incident? Diggs is human. It's not "nonsense" to consider that he might be fighting a psychological battle after being slammed to the ground gratuitously and violently on two occasions this season.

If he's not injured--and McDermott says he's not--how else do you explain his decline in performance and evidently taking himself out the game for long stretches?

Defenses are doing a lot to force Allen to go elsewhere with the ball as Allen has had to take the quicker options with all the shell coverage teams play that limit deeper opportunities.

Much like how teams try to play Mahomes - they also try to keep Allen hemmed into the pocket limiting the off schedule opportunities. They also work to deny him space to step up and into throws, and try to disrupt his timing and the progression of his reads.

IMO Allen has also been more inconsistent and hesitant this season than he had been prior to his injury last season even when given time and space and has struggled with some basic mechanics/bad habits that have creeped back into his passing game.

That being said I think his touch on wheel and swing routes, as well as screens and dumps has improved. Rather than various versions of a football RPG when it did not always need to get there in a hurry, Allen has been putting more of those in a place where the receiver can run to it and create RAC.

Maybe this offseason he will take a different approach to how he prepares and trains and I hope he gets back with Palmer to course correct and reinforce those good throwing habits he was building. It seemed to help him a lot before.

Simplest answers are usually the more likely scenario than manufacturing narratives like Diggs is playing scared.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

Why? What has Isabella done that you’ve seen that makes this change necessary?

Isabella has not been given an opportunity to show what he can do.

Harty has. I think we can do better than Harty, and Isabella could fill that role.

Miami is hobbled by the injuries. Howard is unlikely to play, their two edge rushers are out, and it’s unlikely waddle plays.

JA17 keeps what Ramsey said about him in a special place in the back of his mind.

I expect a Bills blow out and nothing less.

34-17 Bills 

19 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Diggs gets a lot of breaks.

its coach speak for he's dealing with something...   EXCATLY why the bills should have signed one of the many WR this offseason.  Gabe need to step up and have a huge game Sunday. I have my doubts he will. 

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

What percent of the stadium are we thinking will be Bills fans?  A game in Miami in January with playoffs on the line, you’d think a pretty good number, right?

Dolphin fans have a forum thread begging fans not to sell their tickets and trying to coordinate sales to other dolphin fans.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Although Harty has been overwhelming and does have one fumble I think he has fielded every punt in the air cleanly. I would not want to risk a botched punt in this game due to a new punt returner.

I meant underwhelming 😝

I want to see Isabella get a shot as a receiver, not as a punt returner.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What percent of the stadium are we thinking will be Bills fans?  A game in Miami in January with playoffs on the line, you’d think a pretty good number, right?

I’d have to think a good 15,000 Bills fans at minimum. who knows how many more? So many transplants live in SoFla and many more down for the winter months.

This game will have a weird vibe with all the red, white and blue in the crowd. And also, because Miami knows they will be playing the following weekend. Whereas McD and the Bills understands this is likely the end if they lose (they’ll know going in). It’s one thing to say Buffalo has been in “playoff games” for that past month. But really, they knew another game was upcoming.  The desperation of knowing it’s over i think will show through, against a team ready to play a guaranteed game next weekend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Playing after dark in MIami in early January also mitigates one of the great home field advantages Miami has.  Both sidelines will be the same temperature.

• Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.