Jaylen Waddle - high ankle sprain (updated - ruled out vs Ravens)

BillsFan619

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

true but Douglas is playing as good if not better than Tre and Dodson has stepped up huge, he's no Milano but it isn't a massive talent gap as it was , he's been great. And Jones might be back for that game as well. 

Hyde as well but I like the aggressiveness of Rapp. 

Salute to this staff for overcoming major injuries and having the depth and making a great trade. Lot of teams wouldn't overcome this

Safety Kareem Jackson also being waived by broncos and they want to sign him to PS if he passes thru waivers. I recall bills having interest in the past. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

What sucks for them is good for us.  I ain’t sad.  It’s an ankle, he’ll live and his family will still have generational wealth when he’s done playing.  

No you have to suffer through the sanctimonious holier than tho virtue signalers stating how horrible it is to wish anyone gets hurt blah blah blah.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

IDK - feels like a smokescreen to me....he may be injured, but I am suspicious it is as bad as they say.  Maybe trying to throw opposing teams off from a game planning standpoint.  I don't trust the Fins to be honest with their statements.

He was limping pretty bad when he came off the field Saturday.  I don't believe he returned.

Ankle sprains for WR are not good.  We'll see if he is practicing or not this week.

I  never root for a player to get injured (I admit to wanting Brady to feel pain) however after the Bills injuries the past couple of years, I won't lose sleep over another teams injuries, The Bills have had more than their share.

I won't cry if the Ravens win this game and we face a Dolphins team with two flat front tires. (Waddle & Reek) week #18. The Bills have had two starters out since London.

GO BILLS !!!

GO RAVENS !!!

Hill and Waddle will play.  But Hill ain’t close to 100% and Waddle will be in and out of the game.  

I know they want home field, if those 2 guys need a week to maybe have a shot against us you do not push them.  

Their worst case scenario Sunday is they play at home vs us week 18 for the division.  

If they’re the 2 seed they’ll probably get the Colts in RD 1.  That’s a bye.  Maybe the Texans I guess that could be an issue.  

I expect them to have everyone come week 18 but held together with duct tape.

“These things can be tricky.”

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

DaQuon will be suiting up for Miami, that's far more important than Waddle to the outcome of the game.   

Ed Oliver, Floyd and Rousseau are all we have left man.  Von is obviously a joke at this point, AJ n Philips hurt, we need DaQuon in the worst way if we're going to disrupt an offense like Miami. 

You expect him to just come off the couch and be dominant? Hey maybe... and isn't it a possibility we get AJ back this week? 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Hill and Waddle will play.  But Hill ain’t close to 100% and Waddle will be in and out of the game.  

I know they want home field, if those 2 guys need a week to maybe have a shot against us you do not push them.  

Their worst case scenario Sunday is they play at home vs us week 18 for the division.  

If they’re the 2 seed they’ll probably get the Colts in RD 1.  That’s a bye.  Maybe the Texans I guess that could be an issue.  

I expect them to have everyone come week 18 but held together with duct tape.

“These things can be tricky.”

Going into the Baltimore game banged up is a nightmare for them. The Ravens are just as physical as the Niners. They will be hitting everything hard in a white jersey with the #1 seed on the line. The Dolphins could be in bad shape health wise when they face the Bills.

• Agree 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Jaylen Waddle - high ankle sprain (updated - expected to miss Ravens game)
  • BillsFan619 changed the title to Jaylen Waddle - high ankle sprain (updated - likely out vs Ravens)
On 12/26/2023 at 4:09 PM, Gregg said:

Going into the Baltimore game banged up is a nightmare for them. The Ravens are just as physical as the Niners. They will be hitting everything hard in a white jersey with the #1 seed on the line. The Dolphins could be in bad shape health wise when they face the Bills.

This is a very valid point. But it’s professional football in January. Everybody is banged up 😃

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

This is a very valid point. But it’s professional football in January. Everybody is banged up 😃

True but the Ravens and 49ers seem to be the most physical teams in the league. With the #1 seed in play, I expect Baltimore to come out very physical against Miami. They just don't tackle their opponents they seem to hit right thru them extremely hard.  I am surprised they don't get more unnecessary roughness calls against them the way the refs call games in today's game. Same with SF. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It used to be commonly accepted that a high ankle sprain was at the very least a month long recovery, especially for a WR. Nowadays it seems like these guys are back out there in a matter of hours. 

A google search on High Ankle Sprain:

How long does it take for a high ankle sprain to heal?

Recovery from a high ankle sprain, often caused in football when a player plants a foot on the ground before an extreme outward twist of the foot, can take 4-6 weeks. Severe high ankle sprains can take up to six months and might require surgery.

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

A google search on High Ankle Sprain:

How long does it take for a high ankle sprain to heal?

Recovery from a high ankle sprain, often caused in football when a player plants a foot on the ground before an extreme outward twist of the foot, can take 4-6 weeks. Severe high ankle sprains can take up to six months and might require surgery.

I think teams in general have become very loose with their reporting of ankle sprains. So many players coming back early from high ankle sprains makes me question if they really had a high ankle sprain. 

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Jaylen Waddle - high ankle sprain (updated - ruled out vs Ravens)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.