New England Week

TFBillsfan

Not going to lie holidays were intense year and I'm extremely paranoid and concerned about this game especially when you think about last year in the season finale and only winning because of 2 kick return TD's and what this same Patriots team did earlier in the year with Mac Jones.

Hoodie is trying to go out on a high note in NE (and screwing them in the process by moving further away from a top draft pick) and that defense still legit scary right now.

With that said, I can't imagine the Bills blow this at home where they've been significantly better this year unless we see a repeat of the Broncos game (who ironically the Patriots just beat in their building).

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not going to lie holidays were intense year and I'm extremely paranoid and concerned about this game especially when you think about last year in the season finale and only winning because of 2 kick return TD's and what this same Patriots team did earlier in the year with Mac Jones.

Hoodie is trying to go out on a high note in NE (and screwing them in the process by moving further away from a top draft pick) and that defense still legit scary right now.

With that said, I can't imagine the Bills blow this at home where they've been significantly better this year unless we see a repeat of the Broncos game (who ironically the Patriots just beat in their building).

If the Bills had blown out the Chargers I would be more concerned.  The fact that Buffalo was sloppy with the ball and had to squeak by that team with basically a walk off FG, I'm sure McDermott has their full attention this week.  Plus it's a revenge game from earlier in the season.  I like Buffalo big in this one and I'm usually very conservative about these matchups.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Hopefully they can keep AJ on the sideline for this one. He needs to be as healthy as he can get for the post season. I don't know what switch has flipped for him, but his athleticism and instincts have improved by leaps and bounds.

Cut Von loose and slide a few of his stacks over AJ's way. 

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Howard's still got it from time to time.

1 pm games are still my favorites for tailgating. Very easy to pace when it comes to booze. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

We were missing a ton of defensive pieces for that last matchup that have been mostly replaced…if Ed and Rasul Douglas played in that last game I dont think they would’ve scored over 20

that bills defensive roster for that stretch after the jags game was one of the leagues worst imo 

pats are missing a bunch of players on defense too but none are returning this season 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills need new audio guys because the ones they have not figured it out.  The audio is terrible.

How hard can this be in 2023? I can record quality audio from an ADK mountain or finger lake…that’s where Bills biz is still stuck like a small business auto repair shop vs $5B business. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills need new audio guys because the ones they have, have not figured it out.  The audio is terrible.

I know, right?  Other team's pressers, you can actually hear the questions the reporters ask.  In some, the team calls on the reporters, presumably so that the sound guy can activate the relevant mic, but the WNY press corps is not so big that they shouldn't be able to pass around a portable mic or two.

16 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

How hard can this be in 2023? I can record quality audio from an ADK mountain or finger lake…that’s where Bills biz is still stuck like a small business auto repair shop vs $5B business. 

I Read No Lies

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I actually like Bailey Zappe especially when compared to prior NE QB (Brady, Mac Jones), he actually has a relatively quick nice release for short/intermediate passes.  Sitting on the bench in OP is one thing, playing under those conditions is something totally different,

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I know, right?  Other team's pressers, you can actually hear the questions the reporters ask.  In some, the team calls on the reporters, presumably so that the sound guy can activate the relevant mic, but the WNY press corps is not so big that they shouldn't be able to pass around a portable mic or two.

I Read No Lies

I recall complaining about this last few years, you could barely hear the questions.  The alleged response was that the questions asked were just or so incredibly valuable and proprietary, they dint want the questions to be heard, only the answers.  Biggest non-sense in the world.

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I recall complaining about this last few years, you could barely hear the questions.  The alleged response was that the questions asked were just or so incredibly valuable and proprietary, they dint want the questions to be heard, only the answers.  Biggest non-sense in the world.

Who didn't want the questions being heard, the team or the reporters?

I mean, it's called "Q & A" for a reason.  The "A" doesn't entirely make sense without the "Q" context.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

trying far too hard again!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Who didn't want the questions being heard, the team or the reporters?

I mean, it's called "Q & A" for a reason.  The "A" doesn't entirely make sense without the "Q" context.

I am just reporting what I read here, I think it is absolute non-sense, borderline laughable the other reporters did want their precious words of wisdom to be stolen.

To the original point this has been going on for several years with terrible audio, i have replayed many a bills press conference trying to hear the questions.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I know it’s a low bar …. But McD definitely seems more relaxed in these interviews post the Tyler Dunne hatchet job 

I agree,  Also post a winning streak and firing of Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I Read No Lies

Yep.  Not only that but I had to turn my sound up to 100%.  To give perspective, I usually run my sound at 30-40%.

10 hours ago, Olliemets said:

All I'm hearing on Sirius Sports talk radio this week about the MVP Conversation is Lamar, maybe Tyreek, Tua or Mcafferty. That Dak and Purdie have fallen outof the conversation based on the weekend. Crickets about Josh. Not a peep.

It's still not too late for Josh to win it based on his performances in these last two weeks.

Also, though I'm not a fan, Aaron Rodgers went to bat for Josh this week:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39187572

5 hours ago, nucci said:

Please stop saying..." it's their Superbowl this week"...every time a bad team plays the Bills.

But it's a true description of many games this time of year where a contender plays against a team which no longer has anything to play for. How else would you characterize such games?

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Okay, but it's definitely their World Cup final

Well played!

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

So you're basically saying that this game is the Patriots Super Bowl.

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I know it’s a low bar …. But McD definitely seems more relaxed in these interviews post the Tyler Dunne hatchet job 

Honestly and it hasn't been talked about much. There might have been a big silver lining to Dunnegate.

For one thing (though it's hard to separate from Brady's ascendence) it seems the players came out in support of McDermott based on the game results.

The other possible benefit is that McDermott took the criticisms to heart and has done some soul searching.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/terrel-bernard-builds-upon-own-confidence-as-he-leads-bills-defense/article_1002c8ea-a428-11ee-95d8-f768fa4d5fee.html

IMO, Terrel Bernard's ankle is a critical body part for the team.  He's become that important to their game.

If you told me four months ago that we were eyeing the injury report with worry because we couldn't afford to lose Bernard because he's a cornerstone of the D I would have asked you if you had the name wrong.

His leap has been tremendous and I can't wait to see him and Milano has a healthy pair again. 

34 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Jones a full participant today.

I'm unhappily surprised to see Floyd on there. Has anyone else heard something? 

• Like (+1) 3

This needs to be a Kincaid game. Attack the Patriots with the pass and over the middle, and with Josh scrambles. First Patriots game was Kincaid's breakout, went 8 for 75 and that was with Knox in. 

I'm benching him in the fantasy championships because I can't risk it given his recent production. But I hope I end up regretting it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

36 total pass attempts the last 2 weeks means targets are low for everyone.  His are probably especially low as we've been running a lot on first downs.

He’s been dropping some balls that he should’ve caught to

Still love the pick up still thought it was the right choice and I still think he’s going to be a very good player in this league

43 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Can we fire our reporters into the sun?

I don’t get some of the questions I mean yes Laporta is having a great year but how many catches does Dalton have at this point it’s not like he hasn’t been having a great year. He’s about to break some records for tight ends for the bills.

16 minutes ago, Process said:

This needs to be a Kincaid game. Attack the Patriots with the pass and over the middle, and with Josh scrambles. First Patriots game was Kincaid's breakout, went 8 for 75 and that was with Knox in. 

I'm benching him in the fantasy championships because I can't risk it given his recent production. But I hope I end up regretting it.

Process… trust the process 

Kincaid about to have a day

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He’s been dropping some balls that he should’ve caught to

Still love the pick up still thought it was the right choice and I still think he’s going to be a very good player in this league

I don’t get some of the questions I mean yes Laporta is having a great year but how many catches does Dalton have at this point it’s not like he hasn’t been having a great year. He’s about to break some records for tight ends for the bills.

They gotta get him rolling again. He was great while Knox was out, seemed like some of the most consistent TE play we seen in years. Now that Knox is back it’s about getting both involved and i don’t always think that is always the best option. It’s just like Von getting playing time when there seems to be better options. 

Edited by BananaB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.