The #2 seed is actually obtainable now

Virgil

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Not quite. We still need the Browns to lose.

But 3 seed is in eye sight.

If the Ravens beat the Dolphins they’re 12-4 at worst if they lose tonight. The best the Browns can do is 12-5. Even if the Browns win the division the Ravens would drop to the 5 seed. 

It would be

1. Cleveland

2. Buffalo

3. KC

4. AFC South winner

5. Baltimore

6. Miami

7. Who knows 

Ravens beat the Dolphins and we win out, Baltimore will have the #1 seed by virtue of better record.  Buffalo will at worst be tied with *just* KC, giving us the tie-breaker due to head-to-head.  The AFC South champ will be at least one game back of us.  So, yeah, we almost control our own destiny to the #2 seed.  We win out and the Ravens beat the Dolphins, #2 is ours.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

This is wild!

I’m not sure: is there a rule saying a division champ gets home field over a wild card, in case we finish as a wild card but KC wins their division and we have the same record?

They’re coming to Buffalo, right?

Nope. Division winner gets the home game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Nope. If Ravens win next week they get the AFC North. Bills win AFC East and they get the 2 seed over KC with the head to head.

If Ravens lose tonight, a win next week doesn’t do anything for them (division wise).

But in that case, Browns would be the #1. So apologies on that!

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not quite. We still need the Browns to lose.

But 3 seed is in eye sight.

No, the #2 seed must be a division winner.

The top wildcard gets the 5 seed. C'mon man, that's basic.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is wild!

I’m not sure: is there a rule saying a division champ gets home field over a wild card, in case we finish as a wild card but KC wins their division and we have the same record?

No. KC as a division winner is a higher seed and therefore would host us in a playoff game if we don't win our division.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

This is wild!

No, division winners get a guaranteed home game

Always been that way

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Lol I love everyone jumping on me when someone already corrected me 😂

But yes, I forgot the Browns would move to #1 under the scenario I was thinking. Not #2.

I reply as I read. Im not going to read a whole thread and then back track to respond.  I'm sure its the same for most everyone else too.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Lol I love everyone jumping on me when someone already corrected me 😂

But yes, I forgot the Browns would move to #1 under the scenario I was thinking. Not #2.

I love someone not knowing a basic rule that's been in place for 30 years or more then act like it's on everyone else.

SMFH

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So many things can obviously happen, but with the Chiefs loss, if the Ravens beat the Dolphins next week and we win out, we look to be the 2 seed, with Ravens in the 1 seed.  

Crazy

We needed five games and we got four of them this weekend (5 of six games, actually and obviously when you include our win).

We can’t be denied, by Miami, can we?

The Ravens have to show up, right?

it is the only thing standing in our way from controlling our own destiny for the #2 seed.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

That’s what I thought/feared. Dang it, it would annoy me to play in KC in a year we had the same record and beat them head-to-head.

It's fine.  The Bills can do Mahomes a favor and make sure he still doesn't have to play a road playoff game lol.

• Like (+1) 1

I will be furious if KC and Buffalo both finish at 11-6 and we have to go to KC for the WC. Just like 1980 when San Diego and we finished 11-5 and we beat them in the regular season, but we had to go to San Diego for the WC. KC has always played in a weak division.

Miami had better lose to Baltimore next week.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We needed five games and we got four of them this weekend (5 of six games, obviously if you include our win).

We can’t be denied, by Miami, can we?

The Ravens have to show up, right?

it is the only thing standing in our way from controlling our own destiny for the #2 seed.

Yes, the Ravens have to beat Miami or we can't win the division.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I dont think so. Ravens have to beat Dolphins for Bills to have any shot at the #2 seed. Once they do they have a minimum of 12 wins and 8 conference wins. That should be enough. 

What I mean is that if the Ravens lose tonight and win next week, the Browns can still win the division in Week 18.

IMG-5772.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.