Bills will probably be #3 or #2 seed if they win out

Giuseppe Tognarelli

1 minute ago, Gman10 said:

Do you think the Dolphins are going to beat the ravens on the road? If so, that's a Super Bowl team right there

I can see Miami Losing to the Cowboys and to the Ravens.. Clear as day...

1, Both defenses love to bump and run.. Tual plays horrible against bump and run teams

2. Its been talked about Tua's arm getting weak in December. Miami Podcasts talk of this often.

3. This team deserves the playoffs post Dorsey. That was a trap game where if Dorsey was still our OC, we lose that game.

4. Every network is saying the one team other teams don't want to face in the Playoffs is the Buffalo Bills.

Just like we did that game, we flipped a switch and did things different and we won. September that game would be a loss

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You know how not works around here-there are so many highlight watchers on here who take that as gospel for the other teams while simultaneously scrutinizing every detail about the Bills. I said this in another thread, every team that will end up in the playoffs this year has ugly wins, that’s not just a Bills thing. If you go back and look at the Chiefs games from last year, they are loaded with ugly wins-nobody cares though because they won the Super Bowl 

Exactly 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Nightmare in the playoffs? Depends what team shows up.

As far as winning regardless how good we look is all that matters?  No. Diggs HAS to be a force. Gabe HAS to be what he was last night. RB 1 has yo be as good as the Dallas game, no fumble 3 times. The defense has to stop giving up yards because of soft spots, gotta cover better.  Need defensive turnovers.

Yes, we won last night. We have to buckle down to beat teams like KC and Ravens in the AFC playoffs.  Or a team like the niners if we make it all the way.

This Bills team just beat the chiefs and cowboys in back to back weeks.  That team didn’t leave, turnovers caused this to be a close one.  

Any team will say turnovers need to be limited to win games.  But the Bills just won WITH a -3 turnover differential.  That’s the sign of a good team with an off night.  Their defense is stout, the offense can hit a home run at any point.  Just need to protect the ball, and this team IS a nightmare against anyone in the league 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Can't agree with this more. The Bills last year made the playoffs and almost lost to Skylar Thompson before getting blown out by a real playoff team (Bengals). You guys really think this team deserves to be in the playoffs and go through that again?

The Bills just almost lost to EASTON STICK. The football player, not the hockey equipment. Let that sink in and then reassess if you think this team should be in the playoffs.

1-Kij-kompozytowy-Easton-Synergy-650-Gri

You're not even supposed to be here

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 9.23.39 AM.png

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yes, the 3 seed looks quite possible but would you really prefer it over the 4 seed?  Both would get home playoff games for the first round but if form held up the 3 seeds second game would be in KC while the 4 seed game would be in Balt.

Focusing on exact seeding without knowing the opponent is meaningless.

I would choose my seeding not based on number or even being at home, but based on whom we would be playing with that seed.

The NFL is all about match-ups on a particular game day.

We might WELL be better served with a LOWER seed, if it means slotting into a better matchup for us.

8 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

This Bills team just beat the chiefs and cowboys in back to back weeks.  That team didn’t leave, turnovers caused this to be a close one.  

Any team will say turnovers need to be limited to win games.  But the Bills just won WITH a -3 turnover differential.  That’s the sign of a good team with an off night.  Their defense is stout, the offense can hit a home run at any point.  Just need to protect the ball, and this team IS a nightmare against anyone in the league 

They are a good team, not a great team.  If we were playing the chiefs or ravens those 3 turnovers are probably insurmountable points.  We can’t play like yesterday in later playoff games.  Certainly not the AFC championship game.

I want this team to do more than just make the playoffs.  I want them to do damage and make it to the Super Bowl.  Playing like yesterday against playoff teams doesn’t get us there.

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Will they even get lucky again and beat NE?

Not a playoff team, even if they are.

Philly away - lost in overtime
KC away - won on the road in a tough stadium
Dallas home - won in a blowout

But lets yell the sky is falling because we had to fly to the West coast on a short week and squeak out a win

This Bills team is jelling at the right time

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You know how not works around here-there are so many highlight watchers on here who take that as gospel for the other teams while simultaneously scrutinizing every detail about the Bills. I said this in another thread, every team that will end up in the playoffs this year has ugly wins, that’s not just a Bills thing. If you go back and look at the Chiefs games from last year, they are loaded with ugly wins-nobody cares though because they won the Super Bowl 

Well said. Speaking of those KC wins, every game they’ve played this year has been ugly. 

There’s a lot of similarities in both our seasons this year if you go by what was expected walking out of TC/Preseason. 

A lot of rough football that has self inflicted wounds yet still in the thick of the playoffs with other teams not wanting them to be there and definitely not wanting to play them in the knockout stages. 

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

#2 seed:

• Beat NE, MIA
  • MIA lose 1 of next 2
  • KC, JAX, IND, HOU lose 1 of next 3

All likely except Bills win at MIA and KC lose 1. Think if Bills do win out, they'll be #3 seed. Would be great to get that #2 and have KC come here in the divisional.

Misleading thread title.

Bills will be 2 or 3 if they win out AND get help.

They can still win out and be 6 or 7 seed.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Oh you can make the playoffs, but that doesn't make you worthy of being a playoff team. Every year there's 1 or 2 teams that barely make it and then get blown out by the real teams. Joe Flacco and Gardner Minshew (it autocorrected his name to Grander he's so unpopular) have a better chance of making the playoffs than Josh Allen. They wouldn't fold to the Chargers backups 

I'm ok with your premise kind of, but Flacco did just nearly lose a home game to the Bears 

• Haha (+1) 1

There was a big difference in the intensity of the players this week and last week against the Cowboys. Everyone was fired up for that Dallas game and it just seemed like everyone was dragging their ass against LA. And it just seemed that when the Bills "flipped a switch" it was like, okay, enough of this BS.  Both offense and defense seem to thrive when they are playing with that added intensity fueled by.....anger?.....desperation?.....something else?

I know when I get angry, it can take a while to cool down but one thing I can't do is stay angry. It's just not sustainable. It wears me out. Who knows why the Bills allowed this Chargers team to hang around last night, but I suspect it has something to do with whatever it takes to keep that intensity level up.

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

#2 seed:

• Beat NE, MIA
  • MIA lose 1 of next 2

All likely except Bills win at MIA and KC lose 1. Think if Bills do win out, they'll be #3 seed. Would be great to get that #2 and have KC come here in the divisional.

now that's the attitude.. well said

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Will they even get lucky again and beat NE?

Not a playoff team, even if they are.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Can't agree with this more. The Bills last year made the playoffs and almost lost to Skylar Thompson before getting blown out by a real playoff team (Bengals). You guys really think this team deserves to be in the playoffs and go through that again?

The Bills just almost lost to EASTON STICK. The football player, not the hockey equipment. Let that sink in and then reassess if you think this team should be in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Oh you can make the playoffs, but that doesn't make you worthy of being a playoff team. Every year there's 1 or 2 teams that barely make it and then get blown out by the real teams. Joe Flacco and Gardner Minshew (it autocorrected his name to Grander he's so unpopular) have a better chance of making the playoffs than Josh Allen. They wouldn't fold to the Chargers backups 

First of all, every single playoff team will have a bad performance on the resume akin to this win.

Secondly, the pros who do this for a living (oddsmakers and pro bettors) have consistently rated the Bills as a top 8 team in the league, i.e. playoff worthy.  

8 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

There was a big difference in the intensity of the players this week and last week against the Cowboys. Everyone was fired up for that Dallas game and it just seemed like everyone was dragging their ass against LA. And it just seemed that when the Bills "flipped a switch" it was like, okay, enough of this BS.  Both offense and defense seem to thrive when they are playing with that added intensity fueled by.....anger?.....desperation?.....something else?

I know when I get angry, it can take a while to cool down but one thing I can't do is stay angry. It's just not sustainable. It wears me out. Who knows why the Bills allowed this Chargers team to hang around last night, but I suspect it has something to do with whatever it takes to keep that intensity level up.

I did not see that at all.  To expect a team to fire on all cylinders every week and quarter is a complete misunderstanding of how the NFL works.  This place thinks every dominant win should build onto the next one.  The GDT was ***** embarrassing yesterday.  Calling the season over during the 2nd quarter.  Blaming McD for every bad pass JA throws, or every fumble.  You should have issues with the fans not this resilient team that puts it all on the line each week. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

#2 seed:

• Beat NE, MIA
  • MIA lose 1 of next 2

you need BAL to W a game…KC-BUF/MIA-BAL tie at 11-6 then KC is 1.

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

??? I said I think if the Bills win out, they'll be the #3 seed. I think this is the most likely outcome. It's not a guarantee.

Well then change the thread title. 

It's not surprising people think you are saying it like it's objective fact, because that's what the thread title says.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

#2 seed:

• Beat NE, MIA
  • MIA lose 1 of next 2

Well IND or HOU has to lose at least 1 because they play each other.  I suppose the game could end in a tie which actually would be even better.

5 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

To be fair he has earned that right. They’re definitely going on the road this playoffs though. 

Their defense could cause whoever they play a lot of issues. Especially Baltimore where Lamar tends to fold in the playoffs like a cheap tent.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It’s sunk in. The Bills deserve to be in the playoffs. Not lucky vs Broncos and Eagles. You are what your record says you are. Are the Bills winning the SB? Who knows.. but they have as good a chance as anyone in the AFC. Chargers played an inspired game and Stick had several well designed run plays in the game plan ( disregard the flagrant holding not called on his TD). The Bills have them 3 TOs so the game was close. A W playing poorly. If fine with it as I don’t think we could have played worse. Feel free to critique the playoff teams today with the same scrutiny.. you will see teams that don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.. Dallas looked pretty bad last week. Based on your assessment they should be out .. right ?

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Have you seen some of the teams they lost to, or almost lost to? I’m not good at spotting trolls, but I think I am getting the hang of it. 

33 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Have you seen some of the teams they lost to, or almost lost to? I’m not good at spotting trolls, but I think I am getting the hang of it. 

That sounds like a personal attack on someone for simply having a different opinion. I think there are forum rules against name calling but I see that only enforced if you are on a certain side of the argument. Funny how that works

44 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That sounds like a personal attack on someone for simply having a different opinion. I think there are forum rules against name calling but I see that only enforced if you are on a certain side of the argument. Funny how that works

“Narratives”, “agendas”, “trolls”, “hate”, etc. are cudgels for weak-minded fans.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

To be fair he has earned that right. They’re definitely going on the road this playoffs though. 

That's only of you're confident in BAL.  There are many scenarios where KC gets the 2 seed and Ravens lose to us/Miami/Cleveland/etc.  I'd still put a 1 out of 3 shot that AFC championship is in KC this year.  Most likely is Bal, followed by KC, then i'd put BUF/MIA even odds but slightly behind KC.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Silliness, just plain silliness, 

If you make the playoffs you are a playoff team, end of story, enough with the silly drama stuff, 

GO BILLS!!!

43 minutes ago, Airseven said:

“Narratives”, “agendas”, “trolls”, “hate”, etc. are cudgels for weak-minded fans.

Hmmm…, 😂

5 hours ago, davefan66 said:

They are a good team, not a great team.  If we were playing the chiefs or ravens those 3 turnovers are probably insurmountable points.  We can’t play like yesterday in later playoff games.  Certainly not the AFC championship game.

I want this team to do more than just make the playoffs.  I want them to do damage and make it to the Super Bowl.  Playing like yesterday against playoff teams doesn’t get us there.

Of course, but they have shown against top teams in the league they can win games and look good doing it (Miami, KC, Dallas).  They are a great team in my eyes because they can beat any team any week.  Good teams can’t do that.  

• Giuseppe Tognarelli changed the title to Bills will probably be #3 or #2 seed if they win out
12 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So you think a team that dismantled Miami and Dallas. Went into KC and won. Were a miracle FG away from going into Philly and winning, aren't a playoff team because they almost to a team with a QB that has a hockey stick name? You're weird. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's hard to disagree with this

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Airseven said:

You’re a really obvious troll. 

You should watch Einstein to see how to do it better. He at least pretends to be a positive fan sometimes. Mix it up a bit! 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You’re a really obvious troll. 

You should watch Einstein to see how to do it better. He at least pretends to be a positive fan sometimes. Mix it up a bit! 

We still haven't seen Airseven's tax returns, so I'll reserve judgement for now.

13 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

It seems Baltimore, Miami remains to be seen. Cleveland maybe. Texas possibly? The rest are just mush.

The bills? I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who think bills will 100% beat the woeful 3-11 pats.

At best it's 50/50 imho.

You think the Pats sweeping the Bills, at home is 50-50? Come on

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

They need the Ravens to beat Miami next weekend otherwise winning out the best the can get is the 5th seed. 

Who cares about seed. as long as we make the playoffs, we are a team no one really wants to face

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

So you think a team that dismantled Miami and Dallas. Went into KC and won. Were a miracle FG away from going into Philly and winning, aren't a playoff team because they almost to a team with a QB that has a hockey stick name? You're weird. 

No I'm talking about the team that lost to Zach Wilson opening night of the season after the team's real QB got hurt. The team that lost to MAC JONES who is now 3rd string on a team so bad that Belichick is getting fired. The team that should have lost to Tyrod Taylor but the refs didn't call the most obvious pass interference of the season. And let's be honest, they DID lose to KC. If Toney wasn't a moron and had a size 9 shoe instead of 11 we would already be out of the playoff race. Maybe Josh can flop some more because that's the only way we are getting key first downs lately. This is not a good team if you are being honest with yourself and not a homer. GO BILLS?

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.