Bills will probably be #3 or #2 seed if they win out

Giuseppe Tognarelli

21 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Bills will end up with the 6th seed and be matched up against the 3rd seed KC. Bills should advance given how bad KC is this year. If they can’t beat this Chiefs version in the playoffs then they’d have no shot at the superbowl.  

Are you assuming a Dolphins' win against the Ravens and/or the Bills? Because neither of those seems more than a coin flip at best to me. So your scenario is nowhere near certain.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted this in the game thread, but figured worth restating here:

Amazinf to think how the Dolphins, who sit at #2, could either:

Win out, get the 1 seed, a bye and home field throughout the playoffs 

or 

Lose out, drop to the 6th seed and have to play KC on the road. 

Big Tree Fall Hard. 

Edit: In the second scenario, Bills are the 2 seed, and get to play whatever 7 seed weasels their way in….Mahomes on the road or Minchew in our house….These weeks are huge! 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I think they will lose to the Dolphins. 

Certainly possible. I don't know, and I'd rather wait until I see what happens this week, and who is healthy and not, before venturing a definitive guess.

Is the division in play? Have the Bills locked up a spot in the post-season? The answers will further clarify incentives and deliberations regarding who does and does not play in week 18.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Certainly possible. I don't know, and I'd rather wait until I see what happens this week, and who is healthy and not, before venturing a definitive guess.

Is the division in play? Have the Bills locked up a spot in the post-season? The answers will further clarify incentives and deliberations regarding who does and does not play in week 18.

With the way things are shaping up I don’t see the Bills missing the playoffs. At least my 650 to win 500 for them to make the playoffs doesn’t want to see it. lol

The Dolphins are good this year. I think they will find a way to win the division. Either by beating an overconfident mentally exhausted Ravens team this week or beat the Bills in a division rematch. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, diannand said:

If we win 1 can we still get in?

Earliest we could know for sure is Sunday around 4:30, if two of Texans, Jags and Colts have lost in the early games.  Steelers and Bengals both losing later on that day would also ensure we get in with 10 wins.

It would def be nice if we could lock up the WC heading into Week 18, to take a little pressure off.

• Agree 2

On 12/24/2023 at 6:04 AM, Thurman#1 said:

So, [sigh] ...

you know your headline disagrees with your post, right? And that it just isn't so?

Maybe if you want to try again, think a bit, first?

Look what happens if the Bills win out and Baltimore beats Miami.  The Bills and Miami will both have 11-6 records and the Bills will win the AFCE because they beat the Dolphins twice.  And the Bills have the second best record among the AFC division winners.  KC can finish no better than 11-6 and we have the tie breaker over them.  This means the 2 seed.  Not bad for a team thought to be out of the playoffs a month or so ago.  (The Miami game will be tough, and pivotal.)

We've all been assuming the Bills will beat the Pats and then it's up to the football gods about the Miami game. But what if Buffalo loses to New England on Sunday?  Can the Bills still get in by beating Miami?

Edited by Utah John

On 12/24/2023 at 10:45 PM, DapperCam said:

That’s all well and good, but pretty much every AFC playoff team has similar BS wins and close losses as the Bills (maybe we have more unlucky close losses than most actually).

There are no truly dominant teams in the AFC this year. Take a look at some of the ugly KC wins. Dolphins beat the Cowboys today because the Cowboys fumbled a basic handoff at the 1 yard line. A complete unforced error.

The closest thing to a dominant AFC team this year is Baltimore, and that's because they're consistent.  And good, of course.  Not a lot of meh games mixed in there.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And the 5 is a real longshot. We are almost certainly #2 or #6 / #7

Which is really sick, and tells you how big of a game Dolphins/Ravens is.

If we get 2nd seed, PO will be something like Colts at home, Chiefs/Browns/Dolphins at home and AFCCG at Ravens.

If we get 6th seed, PO will be something like Chiefs on road, Ravens on road and AFCCG at Dolphins/Browns.

Quite a difference.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Which is really sick, and tells you how big of a game Dolphins/Ravens is.

If we get 2nd seed, PO will be something like Colts at home, Chiefs/Browns/Dolphins at home and AFCCG at Ravens.

If we get 6th seed, PO will be something like Chiefs on road, Ravens on road and AFCCG at Dolphins/Browns.

Quite a difference.

If we do get the #2 seed maybe we get lucky, and someone upsets the Ravens. 

29 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If we do get the #2 seed maybe we get lucky, and someone upsets the Ravens. 

I’m sure the NFL would LOVE a divisional round where we host the Chiefs, and Ravens host Flacco and the Browns.  From our end, would be awesome if the Browns could upset the Ravens, then we host the Browns for AFCCG.  But if we get the 2 seed, I like our chances in any matchup. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I will sign up for this.

AA1m6CvE.img?w=768&h=432&m=6

nfl.thumb.png.0a1d6706f1380e374eef0e198a6b76c6.png

Our path to the 2nd seed.   

Best Case scenario is above playing out and we winning the AFC East and the #2 seed.

Wild Card option -

* If Miami wins against Baltimore and then lose to us - they still win the AFC East.  In that acse we will be WC #6 as we will not catch up with Cleveland unless they lose two games. 

*. If we win and PIT and CIN lose week 17 then we are in.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.