Bills @ Chargers Game Thread - 2nd half

Simon

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That was suspiciously officiated to say the least…if I didn’t know better I’d say the refs were workin hard to keep that game close 

Agree, its almost like they wanted the Bills to lose/lose spread, which is probably what Vegas wanted but I'm sure the league wants the Bills in.

Sheez… survived a perfect storm

Chargers fired up with new HC at home, showing they aren’t that team from last week

Bills have a let down game after the huge emotional home victory over Dallas, traveling across the country. 

this had the makings for a Star Wars fish guy TRAP game. Good win

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

This is now two really tough road games they had to win.  They needed a drive to score and a stop on Defense...

first in KC and now in LA...they pulled it off and are learning how to handle this scenario better than ever.

overcoming mistakes and penalties and not giving an inch on defense.

I have so much respect for this defense tonight, that stop after the interception then the stop after the fumble....great stuff.

Alot of mistakes are our fault clean it up

• Agree 1

OK, so here’s a problem with the bills or Josh Allen specifically. He’s an incredibly gifted quarterback. Well, he’s an incredibly gifted athlete.  But the offensive coordinators are not making the game easy for him. They need to simplify the game just like they simplify the game for the chargers, Austin stick or whatever the ***** his name is.  I haven’t seen this season or the last two seasons. Any quick reads any easy successes that Josh can make everything is read read read move through your progressions do this do that and that’s fine and that happens but gives the guy a break scheme Shakira Shakira is a door offense and we’re not using them and it’s driving me out of my mind.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

Well, it's a win but our boys almost screwed the pooch.

How on earth was the game that close?

Classic McDermott.  He doesn't have his team mentally prepared. His coaches can't adjust. 

And to be fair to McD, Allen was below average, the punt return guy fumbled, and Cook fumbled. Offense and defense did just enough to overcome 3 turnovers on the road. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

This is now two really tough road games they had to win.  They needed a drive to score and a stop on Defense...

first in KC and now in LA...they pulled it off and are learning how to handle this scenario better than ever.

overcoming mistakes and penalties and not giving an inch on defense.

I have so much respect for this defense tonight, that stop after the interception then the stop after the fumble....great stuff.

I really wish I had your sunny disposition

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That was suspiciously officiated to say the least…if I didn’t know better I’d say the refs were workin hard to keep that game close 

I can't just deny this, it felt a lot like they were like well we got to showcase our no commercial 4th quarter feature better keep it interesting. Alson what the ***** was with the blown dead muffed kickoff return?

You know what was really sad about that Mitch Morse holding call, it erased a great Gabe Davis play and he needs all of those he can get.

• Agree 3

Just now, nedboy7 said:

That was a hard game on the road short week.  Chargers played great and are a good team. The narrative is BS.  Team was resilient. Greg win 

Yeah, the narrative should be a Chargers team full of heart barely beaten by a resilient Bills team. Instead, it will be more about Allen's turnovers. Who cares, though? 

Just now, Prospector said:

Sheez… survived a perfect storm

Chargers fired up with new HC at home, showing they aren’t that team from last week

Bills have a let down game after the huge emotional home victory over Dallas, traveling across the country. 

this had the makings for a Star Wars fish guy TRAP game. Good win

that's Admiral Ackbar to you sir.

image.png.3ad4e234c0ff55d88cec4112c5d919bf.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This was the definition of a trap game.

Chargers with a mini-bye, road game on the west coast after a huge win, interim coach/players playing for their jobs, and immense pressure to win. I don’t care what the negative people on this board say, I am satisfied w/ this win today. How many of these games didn’t go the Bills way this year? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, jcamm1966 said:

Alot of mistakes are our fault clean it up

everybody makes mistakes...there are no all time great teams this year.

Its a week to week league this year more than ever and no matter what happens during the game you keep playing and play your best in that final 5 minutes.

that is the name of the game.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Some ***** penalties too, I mean seriously that holding on Morse on 2nd and 25 to negate that amazing Gabe Davis 1st down, they killed that drive and it could have kept them out of the game.

Agee, that was a terrible call. The tripping before that was obvious, but that one, no way. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

shouldn’t celebrate this.   awful game.  totally unprepared.  this may have been a trap game if it was a starting qb, and top 2 wrs, but this was awful. 

It’s like you are watching the NFL for the first time. You have never seen a maligned home team play inspired football for an interim head coach?

Maybe relax and enjoy it. Other than the officiating, the NFL is an entertaining product. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Starr-Bills said:

OK, so here’s a problem with the bills or Josh Allen specifically. He’s an incredibly gifted quarterback. Well, he’s an incredibly gifted athlete.  But the offensive coordinators are not making the game easy for him. They need to simplify the game just like they simplify the game for the chargers, Austin stick or whatever the ***** his name is.  I haven’t seen this season or the last two seasons. Any quick reads any easy successes that Josh can make everything is read read read move through your progressions do this do that and that’s fine and that happens but gives the guy a break scheme Shakira Shakira is a door offense and we’re not using them and it’s driving me out of my mind.

I’ve got the opposite takeaway…I think they simplified too much due to the short week and the chargers came to play.  Josh made a couple massively huge plays and missed some easy ones…such is the nfl 

that drive the refs basically stole from our offense didn’t help either 

Just now, finn said:

Yeah, the narrative should be a Chargers team full of heart barely beaten by a resilient Bills team. Instead, it will be more about Allen's turnovers. Who cares, though? 

Yeah that is the BS sentiment that will keep him from winning MVP. Allen wins plain and simple. That pass to Shakir to keep the final drive alive was a thing of beauty. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.