Gabe's momma chimes in

Process

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

I don't blame Gabe's mother one bit. On pace for the lowest tgt/game since 2021 and YPC of his career in a contract year.

Could be the difference between another $10- $15M. I'd be screaming for them to forcefeed my son too.

It's the players responsibility to earn any new contract and the dollar amount will be set by their play.  If Gabe was catching everything he'd be getting a ton of targets.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I seriously doubt it's this one.  All season Allen has been force feeding Davis to little effect in game after game. 

this is a joke right?

Davis has 3 games out of the past 5 where he had 2, 0 and 2 targets.  When he actually "force feeds" Davis say, games with 7, 8, 12 targets, he's responded with 92, 100, 87, 105 yards.

These takes get worse and worse.

• Agree 4

20 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Little?   LOL  

I didn't see any prior to your post.  

But oh my, had the intended receiver been Gabe and anyone else wide open like Gabe was, and AHEM, is at other times too going unnoticed, then everyone would have been appoplectic.  

I just hope that we get a whole lot more out of our mid-4th round WRs in the future.  :rolleyes:   

i believe there would have been plenty of discussion had we lost. it really bothers me as well, and would like to have seen Josh have to answer a question on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, finn said:

Exactly. Davis has 39 receptions on 69 targets (56%). Compare to Kincaid's 61/72( 85%). With the game on the line, even Davis' mamma would throw to Kincaid. 

Kincaids routes are "run 4 steps and turn toward the sideline"..  Hard to drop those.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Kincaids routes are "run 4 steps and turn toward the sideline"..  Hard to drop those.  

Fair.

I guess I'll never forgive Davis in the Jets game last year for dropping that absolutely incredible, once-in-a-lifetime throws by Allen, who, with a just-injured elbow and the game on the line, chucked the ball almost 60 yards, hit Davis perfectly in stride. It was the most clutch, jaw-dropping plays you'll ever see in any sport. Rarely do you see such magnificence from someone of our species. And Davis drops it. He just drops it. 

In retrospect, he should have been traded that day. Better a hole in the roster than a choke artist, no matter what his mamma says. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, finn said:

Fair.

I guess I'll never forgive Davis in the Jets game last year for dropping that absolutely incredible, once-in-a-lifetime throws by Allen, who, with a just-injured elbow and the game on the line, chucked the ball almost 60 yards, hit Davis perfectly in stride. It was the most clutch, jaw-dropping plays you'll ever see in any sport. Rarely do you see such magnificence from someone of our species. And Davis drops it. He just drops it. 

In retrospect, he should have been traded that day. Better a hole in the roster than a choke artist, no matter what his mamma says. 

it's time to let it go.

maybe the Bills can package Diggs and Davis---a  couple of disappearing acts who drop balls.

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

this is a joke right?

Davis has 3 games out of the past 5 where he had 2, 0 and 2 targets.  When he actually "force feeds" Davis say, games with 7, 8, 12 targets, he's responded with 92, 100, 87, 105 yards.

Yea you're right here - my bad.  I was going off my eye test and failing memory and the fact that Davis has had some games where he was targeted a lot and failed to catch many passes (3 games where he was targeted a total of 15 times with only 4 receptions).  But as you correctly note there were also games where Davis was targeted a lot, caught a lot of those passes and was highly productive.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Momma not happy.

Regardless of who is at fault (Gabe, Josh, Brady), our WR2 who plays 90% of snaps having ZERO catches in 3 of the past 5 games is concerning. 

Josh misses wide open guys much of the time.

It's a part of his game.

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

This play is the one that bugs me about this game. 

2 games in a row Josh has missed a wide open Gabe to go up by a TD vs a FG.  Gabe even went for the post this time.  More miscommunication?  Maybe Josh guessed wrong on where he's supposed to be?  Yeah he might have dropped it but there was ZERO chance for a completion on the pass Josh threw.  Need to clean this up Joe.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

The best part of my kids getting older and graduating from organized sports was not having to deal with a-hole sports parents anymore

Truth.  Both of mine played in college (D-3, rowing and baseball) and it gets WAY better at that point, partly because those parents' kids are almost never still playing.  :) 

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

If I understand you correctly, I agree.

As an aside, one of our most pressing issues is pass protection. Josh hardly ever seemed comfortable in the pocket . . . and for good reason.

Yeah, it was incredibly noticeable.  I'm wondering to what extent Brady has anything to do with that.  

But absolutely, we've put nearly no significant resources into our OL, not one 1st-round OL pick in any of the 5 Drafts since drafting Allen, only two 2nd-rounders, one having been Ford, and Torrence only late in the 2nd round.  Only one overall offensive player in the 5 Drafts since then, none in the first four of those Drafts, only Kincaid this year.  

How someone doesn't focus around a franchise QB is mindboggling.  

32 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

i believe there would have been plenty of discussion had we lost. it really bothers me as well, and would like to have seen Josh have to answer a question on it. 

In fairness, Josh was having to run evasively all but immediately on many plays, particularly in the 2nd half where we couldn't even average 3 yards-per-play and put up on 121 net yards.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I have not seem diggs response to them...what did he say?

He talked about them in a presser.  He said he hadn't talked to his brother personally, that his brother was not speaking as an insider to the organization but from the outside as a fan, without insight into the organization.  He said he would hope that people would come at it from a place of respecting that it's his family, his brother, but he also said he's not responsible for what his grown-ass brother feels or says on social media, and media should take it up with him and not expect Stef to answer for what bro says:

"I'm not responsible for how other people feel," Stefon Diggs told reporters on Thursday. "Anybody in this room for this manner, a reporter, a player, even my own brother. I love my brother. In the space that my brother's coming from is my family. So, you want to know how he feels? You got to take it up with him."

Stefon Diggs said commentary from his brother Trevon, who suffered a season-ending ACL injury in September, was coming from a "fan perspective" and not from an insider, because Trevon is "not a part of the Buffalo Bills" and has no insight into the organization, despite being siblings.

"I haven't had a personal conversation with him," Stefon said. "My brother is watching football right now. He's not playing too much. Obviously, he's coming from more of a fan perspective, but that is my family. So, I handle my family with the utmost respect, and I always hope that people treat it that way. So, when people speak of my family, have a level of integrity as well, because I feel like if it was another family member or somebody else, obviously people kind of handle things however they want. But tread lightly when you're talking about my family."

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t worry Mrs Davis, soon enough he can be an afterthought on another team. 🤷‍♂️

If he’s lucky maybe he’ll bring home a championship before it comes to that, but he’s gonna remain an afterthought if he keeps playing like crap. I’m a Davis defender most of the time but this is just stupid.

15 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, it was incredibly noticeable.  I'm wondering to what extent Brady has anything to do with that.  

But absolutely, we've put nearly no significant resources into our OL, not one 1st-round OL pick in any of the 5 Drafts since drafting Allen, only two 2nd-rounders, one having been Ford, and Torrence only late in the 2nd round.  Only one overall offensive player in the 5 Drafts since then, none in the first four of those Drafts, only Kincaid this year.  

How someone doesn't focus around a franchise QB is mindboggling.

This is the best OLine Allen has ever played behind. Chiefs have an excellent defense this season and played well at home. Sometimes you just have to tip the cap to the other team.

I think Daboll had a better handle on how to use Gabe's skill set. 

It went completely off the rails when they tried to use him more as an option in the flat where he struggles getting separation in those tight quarters.

He also had some untimely drops this season.

I can understand the frustration as this is a contract year for Davis that happens to coincide with a deep draft at the position and Gabe is not having a significant role in the game plans.

Players have to think about their careers too, so I get it even if I think family members should keep behind the sidelines and hit the brakes on airing out grievances on social media.

Mama Gabe doesn't know Kincaid catches every thing, runs great routes, Josh knows where Dalton is.  Mama Gabe- sorry to inform you Gabe has had some crucial drops, Gabe zigs when Josh thinks Gabe zags, Dalton knows Route Tree  Gabe knows Route Bush

Mama- who would you throw to if you want the Bills to win?

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Romo nailed it. He missed him because of the internal pressure.  Romo would know!

Well, people have made a point that the OL seems to be holding on the TV view just before it switches downfield. 

So I'd love to hear from someone with the all-22

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, people have made a point that the OL seems to be holding on the TV view just before it switches downfield. 

So I'd love to hear from someone with the all-22

I watched it live. It did seem that Josh had to shift to left because of the pressure.  I caught that before Romo mentioned it. Josh would have had to throw slightly across his body to get Gabe!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

this is a joke right?

Davis disappears against good defences. He has his moments but he’s very inconsistent at getting open and catching contested balls. Over the past 5 games pretty sure the Eagles is the D that might be struggling the most right now out of those 5 opponents. Ironically it was his only good game. All the other teams we played have been playing solid D 

45 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think Daboll had a better handle on how to use Gabe's skill set. 

It went completely off the rails when they tried to use him more as an option in the flat where he struggles getting separation in those tight quarters.

He also had some untimely drops this season.

I can understand the frustration as this is a contract year for Davis that happens to coincide with a deep draft at the position and Gabe is not having a significant role in the game plans.

Players have to think about their careers too, so I get it even if I think family members should keep behind the sidelines and hit the brakes on airing out grievances on social media.

I think the loss of Beas and the fact we have no other capable #2 Gabe has gotten more attention and he’s just not good enough to handle it. 

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Davis disappears against good defences. He has his moments but he’s very inconsistent at getting open and catching contested balls. Over the past 5 games pretty sure the Eagles is the D that might be struggling the most right now out of those 5 opponents. Ironically it was his only good game. All the other teams we played have been playing solid D 

Bills WR! essentially disappeared 2 months ago...

And he had a total of 51 yards vs the Jets and KC Defenses----2 and 3 yards per target!!

But Davis, with hardly any targets recently, yet still #2 in yards, 1st downs and TDs is THE huge problem in the receiver room...

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills WR! essentially disappeared 2 months ago...

And he had a total of 51 yards vs the Jets and KC Defenses----2 and 3 yards per target!!

But Davis, with hardly any targets recently, yet still #2 in yards, 1st downs and TDs is THE huge problem in the receiver room...

It’s been a problem since last year

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of funny how Davis got all the blame for not breaking off his route against Philly, yet there's little blame for Allen missing Gabe wide open for a TD for the 2nd week in a row.

to be clear, Davis got the blame at Philly because he DID break off his route.

If he had kept running straight, he was open and catches ball Josh threw.

4 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It’s been a problem since last year

He finished last year as #2 in yards, TDs, 1st downs and #1 in YPC.  This year he has cut down his drop % by half--the same as Digg's now (although Diggs has twice as many drops this year)

what else you got?

Just now, pennstate10 said:

to be clear, Davis got the blame at Philly because he DID break off his route.

If he had kept running straight, he was open and catches ball Josh threw.

I was under the impression he had a corner route and should have recognized the pressure and ran a post instead?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

As an aside, one of our most pressing issues is pass protection. Josh hardly ever seemed comfortable in the pocket . . . and for good reason.

It was pointed out in the post-game thread that KC's defense is one of the best in the league against the pass.  4th in pass Y/A, tied for 3rd in sacks, 3rd in sack %, 5th in QB hits, 2nd for pressure %, 5th for hurry %. 

So while I'd love to see more investment in OL, esp. at C and RT, it has to be understood that even the very best pass protecting OLs are not going to keep their QB looking comfortable in the pocket against the very best pass defenses.  There have to be other strategies available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.