Bills @ Chiefs Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

THE BILLS ARE .500 BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD AT SITUATIONAL FOOTBALL.

It would be like if you were playing PlayStation against a friend and you pick the best team and you lose. I doubt you were overmatched, they just did the right things at the right times. There's no other way to make sense of this team this year. Bad coaching, bad situational football. Fire McD, we can get literally any dummy to run a zone defense. You need someone who knows situational football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

What the hell was the next play from scrimmage - the 10 yard pass in the middle of the field, with no timeouts?

There was probably a sideline throw called and Allen saw bad leverage everywhere so just turfed it to preserve time for another play

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

You should be made to watch film of Gary Marangi and Joe Dufek and Willie Totten for the next year instead of Bills games

game was perfect until the golden boy took a golden shower on it.

”okay Josh, remember, don’t throw a pick. Don’t throw in triple coverage. Don’t throw directly into a linebacker’s chest. Okay now the playcall is -“ then the mic cuts out. 

The team just can’t call effective plays and remind Josh that picks are bad. Not enough time on the helmet mic. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

Give it a rest man.

Field goal was the right strategy.

I now firmly believe big money gamblers decide the outcome of games. What the Bills just did is horseshit, pure, hirseshit.

Yeah, Josh wanted to keep it close too. 

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

THE BILLS ARE .500 BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD AT SITUATIONAL FOOTBALL.

It would be like if you were playing PlayStation against a friend and you pick the best team and you lose. I doubt you were overmatched, they just did the right things at the right times. There's no other way to make sense of this team this year. Bad coaching, bad situational football. Fire McD, we can get literally any dummy to run a zone defense. You need someone who knows situational football.

I still don’t understand how that applies to this game lol 

Our team always looks confused and panicked in the two minute drill.  I put this on McD.  Time after time he does not have these guys ready for that situation.  As far as that last series, the playcalling was bad.  They didnt need to run deep routes there.  They could have run quick 10 yarders and got in range.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think they expected to get a lot more on the 3rd down QB draw and got caught unprepared in that gray area of whether you can run another play.

there should be very little gray area on how many seconds to run a play or how many yards to call a kick. 

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Give Bass the chance to kick it. He has a huge leg. If you don't believe he can get it 62 yards in good weather than what the point of having a guy with a big leg. Again you just saw a guy go for 59 on you two weeks ago in terrible conditions.

I guess it tells us that the coaching staff believes a Hail Mary gives us a higher percentage chance of scoring than kicking that field goal.

Which could mean that @GunnerBill is right and Bass has a lingering injury. Or maybe it means the coaching staff knows Bass is in a funk.

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

There’s no massaging it anymore. Bills were in total control until Josh joshed. Hopefully he can avoid the crusher turnover in the second half.

Oh F—- off bro. We were in total control because of Josh. Also because Mahomes Mahome’d. 

We aren’t in any game without him. Still have a lead and get the ball back. Saddle up buttercup. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Chiefs are playing tight to the los. Not afraid of the offense, or anyone on it. Not afraid of allen hitting over the top. Not afraid of anyone getting behind them. 

That says more about our receiving personnel

Our first round pick next year needs to be a great receiver

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

game was perfect until the golden boy took a golden shower on it.

”okay Josh, remember, don’t throw a pick. Don’t throw in triple coverage. Don’t throw directly into a linebacker’s chest. Okay now the playcall is -“ then the mic cuts out. 

The team just can’t call effective plays and remind Josh that picks are bad. Not enough time on the helmet mic. 

When the thing that makes your offense special is the off-platform chaos, chaotic things happen. It's amazing how often those things are good things with this QB compared to literally every other QB in Bills history. I have that much perspective at least.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Don’t you guys wish that one day a hail

mary or some other fluke play would actually go In our favor? Like once? 

Roland Hooks was only 45 years ago.  We’ll have to wait a little longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

there should be very little gray area on how many seconds to run a play or how many yards to call a kick. 

About 2 seconds worth...

Not defending them; they mangled it. Just what I think happened.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.