Bills @ Chiefs Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Im expecting to read the headlines tomorrow stating “Mahomes and the offense sputter early, but do just enough in the 2nd half to further sink Bills playoff dreams”

If that's how it plays out, no Bills fan, anywhere, will be surprised.

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

sucks they didnt hit on one play underneath to get a real fg attempt   On flipside up 14-7 and get ball first

Can you please spice this post up about 90%.  This is the GDT, reasonable takes are not what we need now... 🤣 :beer: 

Just now, NoSaint said:

they had a free full minute there to game plan 26 seconds- so 2-or 3 plays.

They totally failed. Ignoring the lack of points, they had no plan and that’s a big deal in big moments,

They're just so bad in these high pressure situations...

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If your confidence level is so low in him that you don’t even want to try him at the end of the half from 62 out … he is not your man 

This year he isn't.  I dont know why but something has been wrong with him all season.  I been saying it almost every week.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

We had a clear first down. How did we lose 10 secs and how can chief challenge under two minutes 

Because the clock was running when the official booth challenge occurred, there’s an auto ten second run off. That’s the rule.

And that’s was I was yelling at them to spike it immediately upon seeing the bad spot in our favor by the official. 

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

sucks they didnt hit on one play underneath to get a real fg attempt   On flipside up 14-7 and get ball first

I think they expected to get a lot more on the 3rd down QB draw and got caught unprepared in that gray area of whether you can run another play.

Just now, Preds said:

You let Bass take a shot there.  Period.  Another classic example of ***** coaching by McDummy.  His game management skills are among the worst in the league.  So nice to have a coach who buries key skill players in his dog house and tearing them down mentally, instead of working to restore their confidence.

You know they chart the stuff in warmups and know his max each way, right?  That’s how CBS places that red line on the screen.  He could not make that kick.   We knew it and they knew it.  No reason to risk a low trajectory shot in the dark that easily could have been blocked. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

I can almost guarantee they didn't let Bass attempt that kick because mcdope is worried about it getting blocked and returned for a TD. Fear wins again.

Or they (and probably he) just think they can't make it. Not sure you need to overcomplicate it... :beer: 

Pretty sure Miller has no idea what a QB even looks like anymore.  Allen is great but I have to wonder if he's capable of playing 4 qtrs without turning the ball over.  Refs got their piece of making the game more difficult for us as well.  So far checking all our usual boxes.

Just now, Heitz said:

Can you please spice this post up about 90%.  This is the GDT, reasonable takes are not what we need now... 🤣 :beer: 

Give it a rest man.

Field goal was the right strategy.

I now firmly believe big money gamblers decide the outcome of games. What the Bills just did is horseshit, pure, hirseshit.

• Eyeroll 1

shakir was right there on the hail mary but damn y not give bass a chance...that td miami got at the end of the half on that same play was rare n a fluke....

like the utilization of cook in the pass game, would b nice if he could turn into a bills kamara type...

dunno what allen was lookin at on the pick, 3rd down i get it but make kc get an xtra 35yards 2 score, other then that he is playin good....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Bills couldn’t stop KC when it was 1st and 25.

The Bills couldn’t score with 1:19 to go in the half.

They seem so damned unprepared in those situations.

No, McD practices those situations all the time.  Heck, he practiced 12 men on the field for a FG try 3 times that week before Denver...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.