Jets want to start Wilson again but he doesn't want to play (Empty rumor denied by coach and player)

Gregg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-zach-wilson-reluctant-to-step-back-in-for-jets/ar-AA1kZC4j?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b2c870dfb9ae41da9d6855456d027a79&ei=10

This is a bad look for Zach. His career with them is over but he needs to play as it is an audition for other teams around the league. Maybe he can get a fresh start somewhere else. Acting like a baby/spoiled brat won't help his career going forward.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-zach-wilson-reluctant-to-step-back-in-for-jets/ar-AA1kZC4j?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b2c870dfb9ae41da9d6855456d027a79&ei=10

This is a bad look for Zach. His career with them is over but he needs to play as it is an audition for other teams around the league. Maybe he can get a fresh start somewhere else. Acting like a baby/spoiled brat won't help his career going forward.

So thankful we have JA!

The season has been hard (other seasons have been too), he keeps going and takes ownership.

On top of that, he's one of the best. Let's go #17!

90.jpeg

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

It's possibly a no-win situation for him.  His career as a Jet w/ the current regime is over & most likely regardless of the coaching staff next year.  He's not going to look good if he plays & the more bad tape there is of him, the lower his perceived value.  If I were him, looking for future prospects, I'd wanna sit, too.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Does he want to get paid?

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Imagine how it's going to look if Rodgers does come back this season, and immediately off of that surgery puts up above-average numbers with the same team. 

Otherwise, Wilson's got the perfect face to apply filters to in order to create a cry-baby face.  

28 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I always thought of him as a brat, but the last interview I saw he acted like a grown up. Someone must have gotten in his ear before that one, but people will show you who they really are. Believe them. 

EDIT: He NEVER should say it out loud, but who WOULDN’T be reluctant behind that OLine? He could blame it on PTSD.

image.jpeg.1150d891d99ea25bd0df0936871bd565.jpeg

Credit (or blame 😋) to @muppy

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I would take pause as well.  They’ve been jerking him around all year.  
. Plus the worst HC OC combo in the league who he knows are waiting bench him soon as goofball Rodgers declares himself miraculously healed from his Achilles illness…

The Jets have made an absolute joke of the QB spot the past 2 years.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

. Plus the worst HC OC combo in the league who he knows are waiting bench him soon as goofball Rodgers declares himself miraculously healed from his Achilles illness…

Past 2 ? 

Who did they pick in 2018 ? 

18 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

It's possibly a no-win situation for him.  His career as a Jet w/ the current regime is over & most likely regardless of the coaching staff next year.  He's not going to look good if he plays & the more bad tape there is of him, the lower his perceived value.  If I were him, looking for future prospects, I'd wanna sit, too.

That's a poor attitude to have when auditioning for the next paycheck. Instead, he should have been thinking "I am getting another chance with my current team, I am going to do my darndest to impress the other scouts around the league".

The a$$hat just reduced his future options and net present value 

• Agree 1

Jets fans are hoping this drama leads to them cleaning house.  Their boards are insane now.  

Here's my opinion of the Jets.  They were on the right track bringing in Rodgers.  Had he stayed healthy, they'd be contending, which is all those guys want after their putrid ~10 or so year run.  Where they went wrong is bringing in Rodgers' buddies.  That was a huge mistake.  They brought in several useless players along with Hackett.  Hackett has the most boring offense I have ever seen, and with a really bad also injured offensive line they have crumbled.

Usually I'd support the team on this one, but they've benched him three times in three years.    Its not a good look for him not to step up in this situation, but he is playing for a coach and GM who are 15-31 and seem to skirt a lot of blame.      Someone on WGR said no team will touch him after this.  I disagree Marcus Mariota left a team without notice last year and still has a job this year.      The best part of the entire situation is to get rid of the kid the Jets have to eat 6-11 million dollars in salary. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Agree. This is such a unique situation. He has been an absolute team player and they have thrown him under the bus and stunted his development at every turn. 

I can’t believe they would really think they could go back to him too. Saleh must be in a total tailspin now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Being that he is a spoiled little brat…,

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Jets want to start Wilson again but he doesn't want to play (Empty rumor denied by coach and player)
Just now, Don Otreply said:

Being that he is a spoiled little brat…,

If he wants a fresh start somewhere else, then it is in his best interest to be professional and go play. If the Jets released him, I bet the Steelers would give him a shot with Pickett out for a while. 

Just now, Gregg said:

If he wants a fresh start somewhere else, then it is in his best interest to be professional and go play. If the Jets released him, I bet the Steelers would give him a shot with Pickett out for a while. 

You are right in that he should step up, but it is hard to say what the Steelers might do, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they did, 

3 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Jets fans are hoping this drama leads to them cleaning house.  Their boards are insane now.  

Here's my opinion of the Jets.  They were on the right track bringing in Rodgers.  Had he stayed healthy, they'd be contending, which is all those guys want after their putrid ~10 or so year run.  Where they went wrong is bringing in Rodgers' buddies.  That was a huge mistake.  They brought in several useless players along with Hackett.  Hackett has the most boring offense I have ever seen, and with a really bad also injured offensive line they have crumbled.

Completely disagree.   The Rodgers move was akin to our move with Von.  They signed an aging star to try and put a patch on a problem.    They gave Rodgers a huge contract, and then immediately restructured to sign Dalvin Frickin Cook.    They cant void his contract until 2026 when he is 43 years old, and even then they will be paying him an average of 13 million dollars a year on their cap to be retired.    Rodgers will be a part of their cap until 2028 when he is 45 years old.

Both Saleh and Douglas should have been fired on the spot when it became apparent Zach Wilson was a bust.  Instead the owner allowed them to keep making awful decisions, including signing Aaron Rodgers who essentially became their GM because he has them over a barrel.  That is not how good organizations are run.    The only way to have sustained success in the league is to find a GM who can evaluate college QBs well and couple them with a coach who can get moderate success out a team if you dont have one.  The Jets have neither element right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

You are right in that he should step up, but it is hard to say what the Steelers might do, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they did, 

I just threw the Steelers out there since Pickett got hurt. I bet some team maybe even NE would give Zach a shot. He is only 23.

Wilson, Saleh and Hackett are there because Rodgers loves all 3. 

After what happened in Green Bay Wilson is the PERFECT backup for Rodgers. They could be 12-0 and he would happily take a seat on the bench to watch his hero Aaron play ball. 

Zach would never utter so much as a peep, whereas most QBs would be working locker room politics 

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I just threw the Steelers out there since Pickett got hurt. I bet some team maybe even NE would give Zach a shot. He is only 23.

Could be, a lot will depend on how he handles his immediate situation, 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Completely disagree.   The Rodgers move was akin to our move with Von.  They signed an aging star to try and put a patch on a problem.    They gave Rodgers a huge contract, and then immediately restructured to sign Dalvin Frickin Cook.    They cant void his contract until 2026 when he is 43 years old, and even then they will be paying him an average of 13 million dollars a year on their cap to be retired.    Rodgers will be a part of their cap until 2028 when he is 45 years old.

Both Saleh and Douglas should have been fired on the spot when it became apparent Zach Wilson was a bust.  Instead the owner allowed them to keep making awful decisions, including signing Aaron Rodgers who essentially became their GM because he has them over a barrel.  That is not how good organizations are run.    The only way to have sustained success in the league is to find a GM who can evaluate college QBs well and couple them with a coach who can get moderate success out a team if you dont have one.  The Jets have neither element right now.

Actually, both JD and Saleh wanted to sign Carr but were overruled by Johnson who wanted Rodgers. If the Rodgers signing blows up in their faces, then that is on Johnson. JD messed up by not bringing in a decent backup QB. Nobody expected Rodgers to be out for the year but at 40 behind that OL the chances of him getting hurt were pretty good. They should have known that Zach isn't the answer at this point. It cost them the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.