Jets want to start Wilson again but he doesn't want to play (Empty rumor denied by coach and player)

Gregg

14 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

This reminds me of Valentine's night when my wife walks into the bedroom wearing some sort of lace contraption and I know it's my job to do something but I still wish the mail man would miraculously show up and step in for me

Contraption ...

😂

16 hours ago, Gregg said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-zach-wilson-reluctant-to-step-back-in-for-jets/ar-AA1kZC4j?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b2c870dfb9ae41da9d6855456d027a79&ei=10

This is a bad look for Zach. His career with them is over but he needs to play as it is an audition for other teams around the league. Maybe he can get a fresh start somewhere else. Acting like a baby/spoiled brat won't help his career going forward.

How is it a bad look? Jets have benched him numerous times and now after going thru 2 backups who are awful , want him to go back and take a beating? Why does he need to audition for other teams? They all know how bad he is

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

Nonsense. He is doing an outstanding job. Both he and JD need contract extensions now. Get it done Woody Johnson.

Then who do we fire?  Somebody needs to be fired.  You don't read this message board?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Irv said:

Then who do we fire?  Somebody needs to be fired.  You don't read this message board?  

What does firing Saleh have to do with the Bills? I am all for keeping Saleh as coach since he has the Jets in the basement of the AFCE.

Just now, Gregg said:

What does firing Saleh have to do with the Bills? I am all for keeping Saleh as coach since he has the Jets in the basement of the AFCE.

So we agree.  Saleh should be fired.  

If this is true I don't blame Wilson at all. The Jets have jerked him around and done very little to help him grow as a player. They threw him to the wolves last year then used him as a scapegoat. Then they did the same this year. And while I'd agree he hasn't shown to be a good player to this point of his career, he's likely to be signed by someone that thinks it's the Jets fault and he can be saved. 

He has nothing to gain by playing behind that line with the lack of skill players around him. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Hey now! They are not in the basement.. My Pats have that area nice and clean and totally occupied! Lol

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If this is true I don't blame Wilson at all. The Jets have jerked him around and done very little to help him grow as a player. They threw him to the wolves last year then used him as a scapegoat. Then they did the same this year. And while I'd agree he hasn't shown to be a good player to this point of his career, he's likely to be signed by someone that thinks it's the Jets fault and he can be saved. 

He has nothing to gain by playing behind that line with the lack of skill players around him. 

lol weren’t people last year saying that they had a great group of WR and all they needed was a QB?  Ahh how times change so quickly and the Jets suck just bad enough not to make the playoffs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nuncha said:

Too bad both of them beat us this year.  That is pathetic.

That spawned some other thoughts.  

The worst 8 teams in the league, the bottom-quartile if you will, include the 4-win Jets, Titans, Giants, Skins, and Bears, the 3-win Cards, the 2-win Pats, and the 1-win Panthers.  

Collectively they have 26 wins, 11 of which are against each other, so those are dismissed.  

As to the other 15 combined wins, an average of not even 2 per team, only three teams have lost to them more than once.  Atlanta, three times, to the Titans, Cards, and Washington.  Denver, to Washington and the Jets, both in the first five weeks.  And us, to the two that you mentioned.  

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That spawned some other thoughts.  

The worst 8 teams in the league, the bottom-quartile if you will, include the 4-win Jets, Titans, Giants, Skins, and Bears, the 3-win Cards, the 2-win Pats, and the 1-win Panthers.  

Collectively they have 26 wins, 11 of which are against each other, so those are dismissed.  

As to the other 15 combined wins, an average of not even 2 per team, only three teams have lost to them more than once.  Atlanta, three times, to the Titans, Cards, and Washington.  Denver, to Washington and the Jets, both in the first five weeks.  And us, to the two that you mentioned.  

🤔

'Weighted losses'.  That can be a deciding metric for selecting playoff teams.  If you lose to a team you should have beat, it counts against you big time.

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hey now! They are not in the basement.. My Pats have that area nice and clean and totally occupied! Lol

lol weren’t people last year saying that they had a great group of WR and all they needed was a QB?  Ahh how times change so quickly and the Jets suck just bad enough not to make the playoffs. 

Last year they had Wilson emerging and I think we can agree he's a special talent. That's the one main holdover from last year.

They lost Berrios who is solid, traded Moore who can make plays and didn't add anything other than "Aaron's Army of Misfits" in Cobb and Lazard. They brought in Hardman then got rid of him. 

Add in they started with a healthy Hall last year and he's slowed now. Added Cook instead of guys that were having productive year last year in Michael Carter and Bam Knight. They got older and slower. Thank you Rodgers...lol.

And they did very little at OL. 

The only thing of interest now with the Jets is what they do in the draft. If they lose out that's likely a top 5 pick. They won't have a 2nd. So the smart thing would be take a QB. They will have a 41 year old coming off injury that hasn't played in over a year. But...it's the Jets. So, do they trade out? Take a WR for Aaron? Take an OL? It's going to be fun watching them mess this pick up.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Last year they had Wilson emerging and I think we can agree he's a special talent. That's the one main holdover from last year.

They lost Berrios who is solid, traded Moore who can make plays and didn't add anything other than "Aaron's Army of Misfits" in Cobb and Lazard. They brought in Hardman then got rid of him. 

Add in they started with a healthy Hall last year and he's slowed now. Added Cook instead of guys that were having productive year last year in Michael Carter and Bam Knight. They got older and slower. Thank you Rodgers...lol.

And they did very little at OL. 

The only thing of interest now with the Jets is what they do in the draft. If they lose out that's likely a top 5 pick. They won't have a 2nd. So the smart thing would be take a QB. They will have a 41 year old coming off injury that hasn't played in over a year. But...it's the Jets. So, do they trade out? Take a WR for Aaron? Take an OL? It's going to be fun watching them mess this pick up.

Their GM should be fired.  

Jets are dumping Tim Boyle, who started their last game & are signing Brett Rypien.  https://nypost.com/2023/12/05/sports/jets-dumping-tim-boyle-signing-brett-rypien-in-quarterback-shuffle/

The Jets have lanced their Boyle.

The team released Tim Boyle after two miserable starts and will sign Brett Rypien off the Seahawks practice squad, The Post’s Brian Costello confirmed.

The 29-year-old Boyle, who previously backed up Aaron Rodgers with the Packers and was signed this offseason, was benched in Sunday’s loss to the Falcons for Trevor Siemian.

It comes as the Jets are figuring out who will be the starting quarterback after pushing back on a report from The Athletic that claimed Zach Wilson was reluctant to return.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said he was not ready to name a starting quarterback on Monday.

The Jets had shown interest in signing Rypien after Rodgers tore his Achilles in the season opener.

25 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The latest developments in the clown show called the New York Jets.

Rodgers brings drama everywhere he goes. No wonder Packers were ready to dump him. Love is looking fantastic and Rodgers is hurt and the team is nothing but drama and he won’t shut his mouth 

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How may QBs essentially on IR are speaking with the media weekly?   Its kind of weird.

Mcafee pays him a million bucks a year to do the interviews. 

I know, its shocking that a HOF Qb and for former punter weren’t besties

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Rodgers brings drama everywhere he goes. No wonder Packers were ready to dump him. Love is looking fantastic and Rodgers is hurt and the team is nothing but drama and he won’t shut his mouth 

Mcafee pays him a million bucks a year to do the interviews. 

I know, its shocking that a HOF Qb and for former punter weren’t besties

I get the Mcafee thing.  Its just weird to me that he meets with the local media every week while being out. 

Rodgers' behavior this year has kind of solidified the outside perception of him.   

36 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I get the Mcafee thing.  Its just weird to me that he meets with the local media every week while being out. 

Rodgers' behavior this year has kind of solidified the outside perception of him.   

Rodgers is all about Rodgers. It's one of the reasons I wasn't that worried about him joining the Jets. Once they started signing every ex packer I was even less worried.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Does Aaron realize that by calling it a leak, he just verified the story is true? 

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Bingo! 

Remember the time on 'Cheers' when Sam snuck into the office to place a phone bid on his Sox jersey for the PBS auction?  Check Rodgers' pocket for a handkerchief. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.