It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

2 hours ago, finn said:

Allen had four touchdowns and over 400 yards passing and running in the Philly game, playing in a hostile stadium in the rain with biased refs, and the media narrative focused on his one interception. Meanwhile, Mahomes, with low production, is getting headlines like "Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is having his best season since 2019 in two key areas." Searching for something--anything--good to say about Mahomes and anything to say bad about Allen. 

This 💯 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

After all the media focusing on McDermott the last couple days, tomorrow we will find out the most important thing.  How the players respond to all the criticism of their head coach.   I expect them to ball out and win. 

I don’t feel the dunne article moves the needle with the players one bit

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Looking at the recent history:

Since we lost in the AFC Championship game in 2020 (played in January 2021), we have been really, really good against the Chiefs.

We've played them three times, Oct 2021, 13 seconds game in Jan 2022, and Oct 2022. Allen has been incredible in all three games. 

The Chiefs always put a ton of attention on Diggs, opening things up for others. Sanders scored 2 TDs in Oct 2021, Gabe 4 in the playoff game. Knox has shone. Game-winning TD in Oct 2022 and a huge game including a 53 yd TD in Oct 2021.

Our pash rush has been intimidating and we've made a bunch of timely picks. Micah Hyde's pick six in Oct 2021, Kaair Elam's end zone pick in Oct 2022.

We should be 3-0. Still, the overall trajectory is really good. Since the Chiefs started dominating under Mahomes, they took us apart twice in 2020, then we found our footing and have outplayed them.

It’s strange, I usually can’t wait for the Bills to play again but it’s almost like I don’t even want the game to get here. How much more pain can this season hand out over here? Truthfully, from the Hamlin game last year on, it’s been pretty rough on all of us. Very little highs over here in the last full year….Be nice to start turning it around with a win tomorrow but can’t pretend to be confident.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

I was feeling good about this game until I saw Diggs dressed like Pepto Bismol.

IMG-4991.png

Check the calendar. It’s obviously a nod to “The Christmas Story”, and the pink bunny suit that Ralphie got from his aunt, and was forced by his Mom to put on. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, finn said:

Allen had four touchdowns and over 400 yards passing and running in the Philly game, playing in a hostile stadium in the rain with biased refs, and the media narrative focused on his one interception.

I couldn't watch the Eagles game live and watched it later (except the ending) and think it was one of the best QB performances I have seen this season. It's a crying shame that it was in a losing cause

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I couldn't watch the Eagles game live and watched it later (except the ending) and think it was one of the best QB performances I have seen this season. It's a crying shame that it was in a losing cause

If he had connected with Davis on that last throw, that would have been five touchdowns and a thrilling overtime win that even Allen haters couldn't diminish. 

No worries. He just needs to keep trucking. I just hope his team or coaches don't let him down, like in the 13 seconds game. He was on fire in those playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

After all the media focusing on McDermott the last couple days, tomorrow we will find out the most important thing.  How the players respond to all the criticism of their head coach.   I expect them to ball out and win. 

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I wholeheartedly disagree.

The way these guys perform tmrw will be zero indication as to how they feel about these criticisms. You can make this arguement work for you either way: 

They play well and it’s “man they stepped up and came out for their leader”

They play poorly, and it’s used to support the idea that they aren’t invested because of the noise around McD.

In reality, the way they play is only linked to the release of that article and the news around McD because fans/media will make it as such. The fact of the matter is the players will play to try and win. If they succeed, or if they come up short, it likely isn’t because of their increased passion (positive or negative) in light of the recent story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

My take is that the Chiefs are waiting in the weeds to unload a bunch of new plays on the Bills that they are unprepared for like the Bengals happened to do.

I hope the Bills defense is up to this task and controls that Chiefs offense. Meanwhile our Buffalo at QB plays like the MVP he is and they outscore the Chiefs.

Go Bills!

Hell, Philly did that on the deep over into Ras al'Ghul's zone to Devonta early on when they got the look they wanted. When they needed the big play to get back into the game, the hit exactly the same play again, the Bills still hadn't picked up on it.

I do think there's a good chance for Reid to pick up on that weakness and attack the same way, and if I know the Bills defensive coaches, they've spent 4 years running it back as if "this time it'll work" like Bullwinkle.

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=ea0fec6b545

6 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Looking at the recent history:

Since we lost in the AFC Championship game in 2020 (played in January 2021), we have been really, really good against the Chiefs.

We've played them three times, Oct 2021, 13 seconds game in Jan 2022, and Oct 2022. Allen has been incredible in all three games. 

The Chiefs always put a ton of attention on Diggs, opening things up for others. Sanders scored 2 TDs in Oct 2021, Gabe 4 in the playoff game. Knox has shone. Game-winning TD in Oct 2022 and a huge game including a 53 yd TD in Oct 2021.

Our pash rush has been intimidating and we've made a bunch of timely picks. Micah Hyde's pick six in Oct 2021, Kaair Elam's end zone pick in Oct 2022.

We should be 3-0. Still, the overall trajectory is really good. Since the Chiefs started dominating under Mahomes, they took us apart twice in 2020, then we found our footing and have outplayed them.

The only thing I am really worried about is Mahomes running.  Our guys have been bad at containing QBs running and bad at chasing.  Mahomes is good at this.  Hopefully they do a better job this week than in past games.

People are worried about Kelce but in 2 out of 3 games the Bills have kept him to 57 and 65 yards. That isn't going to kill us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.