It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is hilarious overly defensive behavior from MVS:

How dare you say I suck and can't catch a football to save my life right now.

Sir this is a Wendy's.

22 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Chiefs WR Justyn Ross suspended under league personal conduct policy 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-suspends-chiefs-justyn-ross-six-games-for-violating-personal-conduct-policy/

With our own situation with Von Miller doesn't feel like we have any room to talk.....then again it is the Chiefs. Kind of feels convenient that his IR placement ate up so much of his suspension, like he wouldn't have been available anyway.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Regardless of what you really think about the McD article/stories: 

It really stinks that more time and discussion wasn’t spent this week on actual football Xs and Os. 

Idk about all the divas out there on TBD but I’m not interested in the here say, the drama, etc. 

I want to talk, watch and discuss ball. The news this week almost entirely took the focus away from the match up, and I think it’s just a microcosm of our society in how click bait can dominate over more substantial topics. 

Go Bills

I'm interested in the stuff but would also like to see some X's and O's.  It's been a long two weeks.  I'm ready to watch some football.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

They'll miss his 2 receptions in 7 games, For Sure.

I actually knew nothing about this guy or what happened but I am curious now.  Why was he put on the commisioner exempt list and then suspended after charges were eventually dropped and Von is still cleared to play?

Like I still don't know what happened other than he was also arrested for domestic assault.  Just curious the difference between how both players were handled.  You usually google these things.  Do you know?

56 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

McD will probably work up his best speech yet, comparing himself to historical martyrs and being able to use that as the rallying cry.

Let’s hope he doesn’t choose Osama Bin Ladin as the example of a martyr.

Edited by K-9
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I don't think he's being defensive at all. He can't catch, never could. So he's like why are you asking me about my status quo? it's unusual, aren't you used to me dropping balls by now? I did it with Aaron too.

He's being defensive because the question was so vague that he had to attach all the negative aspects himself.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I actually knew nothing about this guy or what happened but I am curious now.  Why was he put on the commisioner exempt list and then suspended after charges were eventually dropped and Von is still cleared to play?

Like I still don't know what happened other than he was also arrested for domestic assault.  Just curious the difference between how both players were handled.  You usually google these things.  Do you know?

Thread here

There's not a lot of detail, but his case sounds similar to Dodson's case from 2019.

1) as a first time offender, Dodson was charged with DV, pleaded to a misdemeanor ("disorderly conduct" I think) and entered a diversion program which would get his record cleared if he completed it (he did).

2) after the criminal case was settled, the NFL did its own investigation, found there was evidence of DV by their definition, and suspended Dodson the minimal 6 games

I think this happened in the off-season so Dodson was just suspended at the start of the season.  Since he was charged, otherwise he would have been put on the exempt list while the criminal case played out.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-nfl/news/nfl-hands-down-ruling-on-former-clemson-wr-justyn-ross-43405

He had the initial criminal charges dropped in late November with a diversion program that is often reserved for first-time offenders who commit minor crimes. Previously, he had pleaded not guilty to charges of domestic battery and misdemeanor property damage in an incident with his girlfriend at the time.

Sounds like when criminal charges were filed, Ross went on the "exempt" list.

The difference with Von, is that while he was arrested (by police, based on a judicial probable cause finding), and released on bail, he has not yet been charged with a crime.  That is why he is not on the exempt list.  The NFL can and will do their own investigation, but they normally don't while a criminal case is pending.

Hope that helps.  It's not just "I usually google", need to understand the NFL's DV police, understand that arrest doesn't always mean charges have been filed, and put the pieces I google together.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's being defensive because the question was so vague that he had to attach all the negative aspects himself.

I was being sarcastic just so I could point out he has bricks at the end of his arms. He's being defensive 😂😂 I love watching him drop the ball in key situations for KC

Thread is too long to read so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but KC is missing several important starters for the game.  Isiah Pacheco -RB, Donovan Smith - LT, Drew Tranquil LB and Bryan Cook - safety.  Pacheco is a good RB.  McKinnon and Edwards Helaire are not as effective.  Obviously, missing their starting left tackle may make it easier to contain and pressure Mahomes.  On the other side of the LOS, Tranquil has been playing in place of Nick Bolton.  That means KC is down to their third string LB.  That could affect KC's short passing defense as well as their run defense.  It doesn't hurt that KC is down a starting safety.   Meanwhile, thanks to the bye, Buffalo is as healthy as they been in a while.  Buffalo would be even better off if they activate Elam and especially if they can activate Knox.

7 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Tranquil has been playing in place of Nick Bolton.  That means KC is down to their third string LB. 

Bolton practiced all week and is supposed to be back on the field Sunday.

The Chiefs will be without Pacheco and their starting left tackle.  And three others.  But Mahomes, Kelce and Jones will still be on the field.  Cross your fingers.

23 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Thread is too long to read so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but KC is missing several important starters for the game.  Isiah Pacheco -RB, Donovan Smith - LT, Drew Tranquil LB and Bryan Cook - safety.  Pacheco is a good RB.  McKinnon and Edwards Helaire are not as effective.  Obviously, missing their starting left tackle may make it easier to contain and pressure Mahomes.  On the other side of the LOS, Tranquil has been playing in place of Nick Bolton.  That means KC is down to their third string LB.  That could affect KC's short passing defense as well as their run defense.  It doesn't hurt that KC is down a starting safety.   Meanwhile, thanks to the bye, Buffalo is as healthy as they been in a while.  Buffalo would be even better off if they activate Elam and especially if they can activate Knox.

I think the Bills are keeping Elam off the field to maximize his trade value.  We can get a sixth if we don't let anyone see him play, otherwise a seventh.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Thread here

There's not a lot of detail, but his case sounds similar to Dodson's case from 2019.

1) as a first time offender, Dodson was charged with DV, pleaded to a misdemeanor ("disorderly conduct" I think) and entered a diversion program which would get his record cleared if he completed it (he did).

2) after the criminal case was settled, the NFL did its own investigation, found there was evidence of DV by their definition, and suspended Dodson the minimal 6 games

I think this happened in the off-season so Dodson was just suspended at the start of the season.  Since he was charged, otherwise he would have been put on the exempt list while the criminal case played out.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-nfl/news/nfl-hands-down-ruling-on-former-clemson-wr-justyn-ross-43405

Sounds like when criminal charges were filed, Ross went on the "exempt" list.

The difference with Von, is that while he was arrested (by police, based on a judicial probable cause finding), and released on bail, he has not yet been charged with a crime.  That is why he is not on the exempt list.  The NFL can and will do their own investigation, but they normally don't while a criminal case is pending.

Hope that helps.  It's not just "I usually google", need to understand the NFL's DV police, understand that arrest doesn't always mean charges have been filed, and put the pieces I google together.

Thanks.  Just seems weird to me that you can be arrested and have to post bail when you aren't actually charged with anything.

As for the bolded, I didn't mean that in any kind of way.  Just an easy way of me to put it.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

The Chiefs will be without Pacheco and their starting left tackle.  And three others.  But Mahomes, Kelce and Jones will still be on the field.  Cross your fingers.

I think the Bills are keeping Elam off the field to maximize his trade value.  We can get a sixth if we don't let anyone see him play, otherwise a seventh.

I would say they are keeping him off the roster because they aren't using him so why use a roster spot and have to cut someone else?  If they need him then they will probably put him back on the roster before the window closes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Bills must treat this game as if there's no tomorrow if we're going to pull this one off.  Similar to the Japanese kamikaze pilots when they attacked Pearl Harbor.

D-Day- “War's over, man. McMediocre dropped the big one

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!...(He ran to the front door but no one followed him)

Bluto (returning): What the !@#$ happened to the Bills I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest year of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, Bluto, we might fumble, let’s take a knee, ooh I’m a coward and scared of the other team' (shouting) Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Mahomes, he's a dead man! Kelce, dead! Chris Jones ...

Otter (Tim Matheson): Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it...LET'S DO IT!

LETS ***** GO BUFFALO!

Edited by Pete
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Thanks.  Just seems weird to me that you can be arrested and have to post bail when you aren't actually charged with anything.

You can’t. Von Miller has been charged with felony assault and released on bail. Those who say he has not been charged with a crime are mistaken.  Those charges may ultimately be dropped, but he has been charged.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Love all the anecdotes and positivity, but c'mon, this is a 7-10 /8-9 team...

KC and Andy are going to have a gameplan and play their best game of the year.

Time for changes. I for one don't  think mcd is that bad, but its time. He's lost this

team, the fire and grit is all gone. Too many bad losses in big spots will do that.

• Disagree 4

My take is that the Chiefs are waiting in the weeds to unload a bunch of new plays on the Bills that they are unprepared for like the Bengals happened to do.

I hope the Bills defense is up to this task and controls that Chiefs offense. Meanwhile our Buffalo at QB plays like the MVP he is and they outscore the Chiefs.

Go Bills!

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Bills must treat this game as if there's no tomorrow if we're going to pull this one off.  Similar to the Japanese kamikaze pilots when they attacked Pearl Harbor.

I would love them to play like that for once. Aggressive but smart ball. Fake punts, onside kicks, gadget plays, not settling for field goals. It might mean leaving McDermott in the locker room, though. The guy has a Lamborghini and drives it like a dump truck. 

18 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Time for changes. I for one don't  think mcd is that bad, but its time. He's lost this

team, the fire and grit is a

Same for me. McD was right for the right times. That time is not 2023. 
I wonder if the players have confidence in HC. I don’t trust his instincts in close, fast situations 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What, no 9-11 analogy? 😄

16 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

When you hear a oft-repeated "truth," it's a good exercise to flip the first and second clauses, just for a reality check. In the case of the Allen narrative, rather than, "Sure, he's a great quarterback, but he's a turnover machine," you get "Sure, he throws interceptions, but he's a touchdown machine."

Bias exposed. Cheers to Greenberg for not being a sheep like his colleagues. 

Edited by finn
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

D-Day- “War's over, man. McMediocre dropped the big one

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!...(He ran to the front door but no one followed him)

Bluto (returning): What the !@#$ happened to the Bills I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest year of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, Bluto, we might fumble, let’s take a knee, ooh I’m a coward and scared of the other team' (shouting) Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Mahomes, he's a dead man! Kelce, dead! Chris Jones ...

Otter (Tim Matheson): Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it...LET'S DO IT!

LETS ***** GO BUFFALO!

Candidate for post of the year!  Although maybe lost on a lot of you younger folks!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

When you hear a oft-repeated "truth," it's a good exercise to flip the first and second clauses, just for a reality check. In the case of the Allen narrative, rather than, "Sure, he's a great quarterback, but he's a turnover machine," you get "Sure, he throws interceptions, but he's a touchdown machine."

Bias exposed. Cheers to Greenberg for not being a sheep like his colleagues. 

His point about no one mentioning all the strike outs when Judge was hitting all those HR's was spot on.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

His point about no one mentioning all the strike outs when Judge was hitting all those HR's was spot on.

Allen had four touchdowns and over 400 yards passing and running in the Philly game, playing in a hostile stadium in the rain with biased refs, and the media narrative focused on his one interception. Meanwhile, Mahomes, with low production, is getting headlines like "Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is having his best season since 2019 in two key areas." Searching for something--anything--good to say about Mahomes and anything to say bad about Allen. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, finn said:

Allen had four touchdowns and over 400 yards passing and running in the Philly game, playing in a hostile stadium in the rain with biased refs, and the media narrative focused on his one interception. Meanwhile, Mahomes, with low production, is getting headlines like "Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes is having his best season since 2019 in two key areas." Searching for something--anything--good to say about Mahomes and anything to say bad about Allen. 

Hate the Mahomes vs Allen debates 

who cares I love watching both like I did Peyton against Tom - always felt Peyton was better than Tom but Tom had more super bowls idk

i feel Allen and Mahomes are even.  Yes he has more championships but is that Mahomes or Andy Reid?  Is Allen struggling to win a championship because if himself or is it his coach?

one can argue a coach / qb duo is important 

belechek and Brady were crucial to success

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have never felt stronger about this team this year. Buffalo is going to go off tomorrow and that stadium is going to be freaking rocking when Dallas comes to town. Bills are not losing tomorrow, they just aren't.

I will remember this tomorrow if they lose and blame the whole lost season on you

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have never felt stronger about this team this year. Buffalo is going to go off tomorrow and that stadium is going to be freaking rocking when Dallas comes to town. Bills are not losing tomorrow, they just aren't.

Bills are crushing this tomorrow, and Leonard Floyd is going to go sack crazy (if he doesn't over pursue Mahomes)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.