It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And Sherfield is a career journeyman on a 1-year deal. 

The Bills turned over the bottom 3 in the room (McKenzie, Crowder, Kumerow), but they’re only better because Shakir has stepped into the #3 role. 

The Bills are more talented on offense this year because of the addition of Kincaid!  The quicker and more involved he gets the better the Bills will be.  Kincaid is a star and needs to be fast-tracked into a larger role. 

Allen/Diggs/Kincaid and a bunch of decent role players Shakir/Cook should be a top offense (it's better than Detroit's Goff/St Brown/Laporta)

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

🤔

That usually goes over well with refs, I wonder how often Kelce gets DPI or OPI calls with him since.

Someone needs to hang it on the bulletin board in the ref locker room

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

On 12/4/2023 at 12:24 AM, Einstein said:

Agreed.

Im rejuvenated after seeing the Chiefs, Browns, and Broncos lose today.

Titans came real close to beating the Colts too. Stinks they couldn’t hang on.

Won my survivor pool based on Colts (my week 13 pick) pulling it out in OT and Cardinals (my last opponent's pick - we started with 25 entrants) winning a weird one. Was agonizing having my game go deep into OT and my opponent's game taking forever based on two very prolonged weather delays. Got the juices flowing, to be honest. (I'm not a gambler otherwise.)

35 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The Bills are more talented on offense this year because of the addition of Kincaid!  The quicker and more involved he gets the better the Bills will be.  Kincaid is a star and needs to be fast-tracked into a larger role. 

Allen/Diggs/Kincaid and a bunch of decent role players Shakir/Cook should be a top offense (it's better than Detroit's Goff/St Brown/Laporta)

Yeah I’m not there.

I just don’t think Diggs-Kincaid-and some cobbled up role players is enough to win a Super Bowl.

There is no size/speed with that weapon set.

Look at the leap the offense took when Diggs took over the #1 role, great start, but this team has plateaued.

Have to get another high end athlete in here - speed, size, pedigree.

Not constantly trying to turn low end journeyman Free Agents into #2’s and 4th, 5th, 6th round picks from mid-tier college programs into starters.

You aren’t winning a Super Bowl with this offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Negan said:

Sal said Carl Ceffers crew.

Bills game to my memory he has done is:

AFC championship game between KC and Bills

Following years regular season Bills vs chiefs game, for a nice roughing the passer call that helped Bills maintain a scoring drive.

Also Bills Cincy playoff game last year.

Decent ref, should be ok.

I’m pretty sure Chiefs fans hate Cheffers. Hope that means he’ll be good for us!

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah I’m not there.

I just don’t think Diggs-Kincaid-and some cobbled up role players is enough to win a Super Bowl.

There is no size/speed with that weapon set.

Look at the leap the offense took when Diggs took over the #1 role, great start, but this team has plateaued.

Have to get another high end athlete in here - speed, size, pedigree.

Not constantly trying to turn low end journeyman Free Agents into #2’s and 4th, 5th, 6th round picks from mid-tier college programs into starters.

You aren’t winning a Super Bowl with this offense. 

It’s been a steady decline since we fielded our best WR corps in Diggs-Sanders-Beasley-Davis-McKenzie 

• Agree 2

I am putting this game all  on McDermott right or wrong. 

We are coming off a bye and this Offense the last few weeks has been more than good enough. Kc is banged up and likely down their starting Safety  and possibly Linebacker. 

I  think talent wise we are there with Kc (probably better) . Along with the extra time to prepare we should be playing like this is our playoffs. 

We should take this game unless Reid absolutely out coaches Mcd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

We are coming off a bye and this Offense the last few weeks has been more than good enough. Kc is banged up and likely down their starting Safety  and possibly Linebacker. 

I  think talent wise we are there with Kc (probably better) . Along with the extra time to prepare we should be playing like this is our playoffs. 

Re your last line above: that is pretty much a given...99% probability. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

This is a given.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just saw this on X. Does this mean that the team had no practices on Monday or Tuesday? If yes, that would mean only 3 days prep for the game on Sunday (travel day on Saturday). Please tell me this isn’t correct.

They always start practice weeks on Wednesday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Orlovsky is good.  A lot of these guys who make the rounds have their laptop in front of them to peek at stuff to reference and here the dude is in the back of a moving car just talking off the cuff and giving detailed analysis of schemes and players like it is nothing

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

So the bye "week" is actually 9 days off?! Just mind boggling. Guess we'll all see on Sunday how it works out.

might be a good thing for the players to relax, re-charge, and re-set.

Plus, I guarantee the coaching staff wasn’t resting on their laurels for 9 straight days (well, I hope not).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We are the better team right now. Almost any other team with their offensive weapons is under .500. Now their defense injuries are catching up as well. 

the only thing I hate is they are coming in off a loss. But you breakdown this matchup postion by position, we are better.

QB push

RB push

oline chiefs

wrs bills

te chiefs

dline chiefs

lbs push

secondary probably chiefs

st chiefs

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

So the bye "week" is actually 9 days off?! Just mind boggling. Guess we'll all see on Sunday how it works out.

It’s the same for everyone.  The contract with the NFLPA mandates days off and allowed number and duration of practices.  

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

It’s been a steady decline since we fielded our best WR corps in Diggs-Sanders-Beasley-Davis-McKenzie 

Agree. 

We peaked in 2020 with a young Diggs, effective Brown and Beasley. 

Beasley and Brown aged out, and signing Emmanuel Sanders was the start of this content mindset with we're good enough. 

Beane never added another WR of consequence. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

QB push

RB push

oline chiefs

wrs bills

te chiefs

dline chiefs

lbs push

secondary probably chiefs

st chiefs

No comment on qb (like arguing super models but until proven otherwise, I’ll lean on way). I think our oline is really close to theirs this year (their OTs are major downgrades). And I think this is the closet TE has ever been.  They lost 2 really good LBs to our one but it is very close. Agree on the rest. 

while I do think Mahomes is the best qb in the nfl, he has nothing besides Kelce to throw to. I really, really like our chances.

that’s why I’m betting a lot on KC because I am too optimistic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.