It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yep- win out and don’t need much help. Is there a scenario where wining out doesn’t get in? 

First things first.

Let's see if we can log a W @KC.  It's going to come down to our D.  Hold 'em to under 21 and we have a great chance.  Not, and not so much.  

Then Dallas at home.  

If we can go 2-0 there ...  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

McDermott is 6-0 after their bye week.  I have no idea what that site considers a bye.

That's a fun stat, but only one of those teams finished with a winning record and none were playoff teams.  

Obviously quite a bit different now.  

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Some of you won't like my post, but I don't see the Bills winning.  A Bills win means KC will have lost 3 of their last 4 and two in a row at Arrowhead.  I know that Kansas City aren't as dominant as previous years but they are still formidable and I don't see them having that bad of a string of L's.   

Furthermore, because the Chiefs got screwed at the end of the Green Bay game, and will be bitching at the league offices this week...I think the Bills will be playing against KC and the Refs big time this Sunday.  If Bills DB's so much as breathe on their WR's or Kelce, it's going to be flag city.  And if the Bills DB's can't get away with being a little "handsy", it's over.  Mahomes will pick them apart.

IF the Bills have any chance, they will need to be up by 10+ late...  it cannot be a one score game with the ball in Mahomes' hands at the end.  They failed to win or tie at the end against Philly and GB, and the odds are they won't fail again.

Sorry just being real.  Hope I'm wrong for sure.   All that negativity aside, I still think the Bills will have a shot at the tournament even with a loss.  They will have to run the table in the final 4.

If by screwed you mean they failed to have the game completely gifted to them on the last drive, sure. Hell if anything you should use that as motivation they ran out of juice, or the league was tired of carrying that busted ass offense.

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

Little help please.

Can this game get flexed? If so, can it be moved to Sunday Night or Monday Night? Or could it be just for Sunday Night?

No the narrative right now is that we're dead in the water, dead teams don't get flexed. Maybe Dallas, or more likely the Miami game could get flexed but not this one, besides it was the reserved game anyway by CBS.

5 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

"The Process". 

LOL. When you guys think about it. There really never was "a Process" (No book, no "Patriot Way". No Tampa 2. No unique approach. No roadmap.)

McD is really just an barely average Operations Manager.

Josh Allen was the horse and he happened to be on it.  

11 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The bye week couldn’t have come at a better time. Late in the season with a chance to hit the reset button on this rollercoaster 

Exactly—let’s see what JB comes up with given some extra time to work on game plan…hopefully taking advantage of some matchup issues the Chiefs may have by way of injuries suffered against Green Bay…

I initially thought the Bills would have close to zero chance to win this game, but it's now clear this 2023 Chiefs team is not like the 2018 - 2022 version (or the Patriots/Brady teams of years past).

With that said it's still going to be a very tough proposition for a reeling Bills team to go into KC and beat a team also coming off a tough loss and I think the refs will be out for blood in this one too making sure the chiefs get the home cooking and favorable calls.

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If by screwed you mean they failed to have the game completely gifted to them on the last drive, sure. Hell if anything you should use that as motivation they ran out of juice, or the league was tired of carrying that busted ass offense.

No the narrative right now is that we're dead in the water, dead teams don't get flexed. Maybe Dallas, or more likely the Miami game could get flexed but not this one, besides it was the reserved game anyway by CBS.

Hope you’re right, would be a major pain to reschedule travel plans this late! Not that the league would care in the least about away team fan logistics! 

10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hope you’re right, would be a major pain to reschedule travel plans this late! Not that the league would care in the least about away team fan logistics! 

If you're worried about the Chiefs game they would have had to announced in the previous week I believe so you're safe. Yeah double checked the decision is made 12 days in advance. So probably not Dallas either unless they're psychic about the results of this one.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think it’s gonna be a carbon copy

of us vs cincy. 

we will not get any stops 

I think kc D will feast on the bills predictable “miscommunication”  offense / heavy pressure blitz and man to man D. Don’t have anyone as WR to uncover from their DBs

bills will

have to play a game similar to jets 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, balln said:

I think it’s gonna be a carbon copy

of us vs cincy. 

we will not get any stops 

I think kc D will feast on the bills predictable “miscommunication”  offense / heavy pressure blitz and man to man D. Don’t have anyone as WR to uncover from their DBs

bills will

have to play a game similar to jets 

Watching a middling Green Bay offense (they now have the same record as us) convert the majority of their RZ trips and overall not look stymied at all against the KC D makes me a bit more optimistic than your take. Josh is also light years beyond what Jordan Love brings to the table imho. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

First things first.

Let's see if we can log a W @KC.  It's going to come down to our D.  Hold 'em to under 21 and we have a great chance.  Not, and not so much.  

Then Dallas at home.  

If we can go 2-0 there ...  

Chiefs have only scored more than 21 one time in their last five games.

I’ll be super disappointed if the defense lets us down again.

Im confident we will have a plan.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Just like the Pats game where they can't score at all this season, but seem to put up 29 vs the Bills, with Mac Jones looking like Joe Montana out there.

Bills could get rolled up this game 35-17

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Some of you won't like my post, but I don't see the Bills winning.  A Bills win means KC will have lost 3 of their last 4 and two in a row at Arrowhead.  I know that Kansas City aren't as dominant as previous years but they are still formidable and I don't see them having that bad of a string of L's.   

Furthermore, because the Chiefs got screwed at the end of the Green Bay game, and will be bitching at the league offices this week...I think the Bills will be playing against KC and the Refs big time this Sunday.  If Bills DB's so much as breathe on their WR's or Kelce, it's going to be flag city.  And if the Bills DB's can't get away with being a little "handsy", it's over.  Mahomes will pick them apart.

IF the Bills have any chance, they will need to be up by 10+ late...  it cannot be a one score game with the ball in Mahomes' hands at the end.  They failed to win or tie at the end against Philly and GB, and the odds are they won't fail again.

Sorry just being real.  Hope I'm wrong for sure.   All that negativity aside, I still think the Bills will have a shot at the tournament even with a loss.  They will have to run the table in the final 4.

KC is not the team they have been the last four years.

They are in the same funk we were. Our offense is better than KC’s. We can beat them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

think about this:

WHEN the Bills defeat KC this week the Chiefs will have lost 4 out of their last 6 games and 3 out of their last 4. 

They're really sliding.  And while their schedule after us looks relatively easy, it really isn't - the Raiders & Chargers can give them fits (as division opponents do), and I think Cincy can give them a good fight in Cincy, considering the revenge factor for the playoff game.

Man, would it be wild if after everything, we finished w/ the same record or better.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Einstein said:

:lol:  

You are are you.  

I'm pretty sure that any coaching edge goes definitively to Reid here.  

My concern would be that Pacheco cuts loose and provides that element to the Chiefs' offense.  That wouldn't be good.  

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That's all fine and good but our offense hasn't been particularly impressive on the road though either.  With the exception of the Eagles that is.  We're good at getting up for a single game or two, let's see if we can get up for 2 more toughies, 3 total, b2b, and then three more against meh teams and Miami again.  

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You speak for a lot of us.  

• Like (+1) 1

We definitely have the talent to beat them, and I expect Josh and company to put the team in position for a win.

I'm also unfortunately just as confident that if we're not up multiple scores late and the game is close late, McDermott is equally likely to crap his pants as usual and make foolish, scared decisions to blow it. 

Edited by DC Greg
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

7 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

We definitely have the talent to beat them, and I expect Josh and company to put the team in position for a win.

I'm also unfortunately just as confident that if we're not up multiple scores late and the game is close late, McDermott is equally likely to crap his pants as usual and make foolish, scared decisions to blow it. 

Gonna be tough.

Buffalo Bills

vs.

Chiefs, Refs, McDermott

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I’m confidant we’ll have a plan too.  And I think it’ll be a good plan.  The question is, once Reid and Spags see our plan and adjust…..how will we counter?  

We had a great plan vs Philly in the first half.  They adjusted.  We got rolled.  How will the D perform (and McD call plays) in the 4th qtr with the game on the line?  

This is where McD can earn his alleged “💯 safe” pass this offseason.  He needs to show that he can still go head to head with the elite coaches and win.  He was able to beata one good head coach from the 1st-4th qtr this year, mcdaniel.   That’s the only great performance by McD and his staff this year imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m confidant we’ll have a plan too.  And I think it’ll be a good plan.  The question is, once Reid and Spags see our plan and adjust…..how will we counter?  

We had a great plan vs Philly in the first half.  They adjusted.  We got rolled.  How will the D perform (and McD call plays) in the 4th qtr with the game on the line?

I think the Bills spent the bye week preparing two different game plans, 1a and 1b.

They'll run 1b in the first half and and blow Reid's mind by springing 1a on them in the second half.

On the off chance it goes to overtime, they'll enact the emergency plan and send Damar out there to run the Fred Sanford play, scare the begeesus out of everybody and get the game postponed until they can come up with a 1c.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

Agreed.

Im rejuvenated after seeing the Chiefs, Browns, and Broncos lose today.

Titans came real close to beating the Colts too. Stinks they couldn’t hang on.

Don't forget Steelers lost as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Their offense has been downright bad some games...they have scored 21 or less in 7 of their 12 games this year. The defense is carrying them...without them they would be 6-6 like the Bills or maybe even worse.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.