AJE or Floyd  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Which DE?

Both, just sayin, 

make it work Beane, 😁👍

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Both, just sayin, 

make it work Beane, 😁👍

Cut Morse, Harty, Tre, Poyer & Johnson and we could probably figure out how to keep this DL together. 

I'm not opposed to it, tbh.  

Philly is patching it together in the Back 7, being driven by an elite DL.   We could do the same, plus we'll have Bernard & Milano at LB. 

• Agree 1

Age is a factor but Floyd may still have 2 years left in him (Von, I know, I know...) and as it's been pointed out, we get a comp pick for AJ.

I'll take the comp pick and more explosive player despite the age. But no more than a 2-year deal. Another 1-year deal would be great but I doubt he takes it.

44 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Floyd is the better pass rusher, but we've fallen into this trap so many times with this team. 

He will be 32 at the start of next season. 

You pay him to a multi-year deal and he's GOING to get hurt. 

Epenesa will be 26 at the start of next season. 

Epenesa won't have 26 sacks in his entire career. Bye bye

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I thought the same exact thing and was just schooled to the cap facts on this last week.

I thought a retirement wipes out any dead money since the player is walking away. But nope, it counts the same as a cut or trade and escalates everything to an immediate dead cap hit.

We would need Von to sign a completely new deal, retire on that, and then hire him as Asst to the Regional Manager.

Next time we sign an aging superstar can we please sign one that hasn’t already won the Super Bowl and is thoroughly motivated to do so? Von doesn’t seem have that fire anymore. 

Neither, and I'm a pro-AJE  since the moment he was drafted.   And the reason is simple, neither of them has been able to generate pressure at the end of the games,  if you are going to pay big you need big plays at big moments,  both have had god games (Floyd even a great one) but aren't able to put pressure to help the defense to close a game (Epenesa's almost fumbled Hurts in one of the last series of Philadelphia was the closest to that in the year).

Obviously they can try to keep one of both, but always "at the right price" because none of them is worth big money as long as they don't produce in big moments 

16 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Epenesa won't have 26 sacks in his entire career. Bye bye

AJE gonna get to 26 sacks in his career easy, probably late next season.  Going to finish this season with close to double digit, which would put him at 19 already.  Four years into the league, Floyd had 18.5 sacks.  Not to mention, AJE’s been making plays beyond just sacks.  If you can resign him at a fair price on a multi year deal, you sign him before a 1 or 2 year deal on a 31 year old.

21 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

McD being gone!!!

But I think personnel wise we have to part with Morse, we no longer (hopefully) need a vet center for JA.  Humphrey is doing well in KC.  Let's get the best one in the draft (likely in 2nd round).  WR, C, OL/WR, etc.  

Bates will replace Morris.

I'm signing Leonard to a 2 yr deal. He's clearly the more consistent player.  I don't see AJ getting another sack this year, putting him at 6.5, same as last year. I'm letting Epenesa walk and draft a new DE.  Aj needed to show me more his first 2 years in the league and he didn't. His slight level of improvement is not near enough to justify a big contract. 

Tough one. Depends on the money. Going with AJE assuming he doesn't cost much compared to Floyd. No question Floyd is better today but he's getting older and will likely command significantly more money. AJE has flashed potential and may not have reached his ceiling yet.

For a while now we've spent too much money on the D relative to the O imo. The D needs to get younger and quicker and cheaper so more resources can go to supporting Josh. 

On 11/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Floyd will be one of the hottest names in FA. This is apples to organges.

Maybe Von will do the right thing and retire so we can keep both.

I keep wondering if this is possible with Von. Would a guy of his ego really feel that bad about not living up to the terms of his contract and realizing that he was done do the right thing and leave all that money? Its a humungous cap hit!

On 11/28/2023 at 10:12 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Floyd will be one of the hottest names in FA. This is apples to organges.

Maybe Von will do the right thing and retire so we can keep both.

floyd is already 31 - so I think of the hot free agency names he will again be a second tier mercenary on a short contract 

Aje will be a young guy entering his prime years. While less productive- less mileage too. I suspect their annual value will be closer than expected with aje getting more years 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now that we see the deals...I will take AJE at that price over Floyd at his age, price, and after a late season fall off.  I wanted Floyd back too, but not at that price after he fell off and at his age.  

So loving the AJE deal

• Thank you (+1) 1