In all honesty, who in the 3rd quarter didn't expect the final result we got?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Their offense had adjusted and our defense didn't react.  We played not to lose.  We played undisciplined.  We made critical mental and physical errors.  We mismanaged our timeouts and the clock.  We got passive.

Been there, done that with this regime (and others).  The Houston playoff game.  The Arizona game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  

Half the time, we crush bad teams.  The other half, we play to the level of our opponent (good and bad) and in more than half those games we come up short.  And there are very few bad teams in the playoffs.

As much as I've supported "the process" and who brought it to our team, I've accepted that he is not a good gameday coach.  I'll go so far to say he's a liability on gameday.  And everyone knows it, including our team.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I predicted a shoot out but thought they would stall

i thought we played it right and our offense was going to score tds like that - didn’t expect hurts to get THAT lucky but that’s been the bills

that throw up over Hyde I felt was a throw away like Joe Montana against Dallas - I have a feeling we will find out it was 

I had a good feeling going into the game.  

Felt even better when they were up 17-7 at half, especially given the officiating. 

When Bass missed the FG that would've put us up 20-7, I started to waver.  

But never truly thought we were going to lose until the 3rd down pass dropped incomplete on the miscommunication between Josh and Gabe that should've been the game winning TD.  

As soon as Bass trotted out there to put us up 3, FG make or miss, I knew it was over. 

And THAT is why we need a new HC.  Because we all knew, deep down, it was over at that point.... which is unacceptable when you have a defensive minded HC.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I knew they would come back and make it a game. I also knew that once Josh put them up a FG that the defense would at least give up the three points.

Then I knew in OT that if we didn't score a TD that the Eagles would

Why doesn't the coach ever realize these things?

I'll be honest, given Sean's track record, I was shocked that we held them to a 59 yard field goal try at the end of regulation.  All things considered, I considered that a "win" at the time for our defense.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Their offense had adjusted and our defense didn't react.  We played not to lose.  We played undisciplined.  We made critical mental and physical errors.  We mismanaged our timeouts and the clock.  We got passive.

Been there, done that with this regime (and others).  The Houston playoff game.  The Arizona game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  

Half the time, we crush bad teams.  The other half, we play to the level of our opponent (good and bad) and in more than half those games we come up short.  And there are very few bad teams in the playoffs.

As much as I've supported "the process" and who brought it to our team, I've accepted that he is not a good gameday coach.  I'll go so far to say he's a liability on gameday.  And everyone knows it, including our team.

I know this much... And I'm sure most vets around here agree it's just part of being a Bills fan... But I KNEW...100%...that kick would be good... Just knew it. If it had been 65 yards, twice the rain and twice the wind it still would have found a way to be good.  And once that happened I knew we would lose the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I told my daughter that if we kicked a FG in OT, the game was over and that they HAD to play all 4 downs to get a TD. I fully believe they could have done it too. Even worse, she saw there was 20 seconds left before the OT, and then turned away for a second, only to see zero on the clock. She said...what happened, I thought they had time to score? I had no answer, none at all. 

I NEVER thought I would hate a coach more than Jauron, and here we are, this idiot is throwing Super Bowl trophies into the dumpster year after year after year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

Me.  We were dominating that game.  I still can’t believe we lost.  I saw the writing on the wall with the FG at the end of regulation (every Bills fan knew that he was going to hit that kick) and then a gassed defense in OT.  It was sadly reminiscent of 13 second.  Allen was dealing and playing out of his mind, and the D gave it away. 

6 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I know this much... And I'm sure most vets around here agree it's just part of being a Bills fan... But I KNEW...100%...that kick would be good... Just knew it. If it had been 65 yards, twice the rain and twice the wind it still would have found a way to be good.  And once that happened I knew we would lose the game.  

it could have been 80

• Like (+1) 1

I was honestly just hoping Allen could will himself into the end zone in OT, because if we gave Philly the ball, we all knew McDermott's Defense can't step up in clutch moments. 

Hurts ran it in on a play that they were laughing at us about after the game.. just shocked that we would give them that look.

In retrospect, we should've just give Allen every play in OT with the option to simply run if he wants to. 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I have always respected your opinions Jay, and I agree 100%. We need to make a change and I say do it over the bye week.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

If it's true that the definition of insanity is to repeat the same behavior over and over and expect a different outcome, then our coach is insane.

Its Ego Jay. I don't care what the Mcdermott fan boys and girls say, the guy has a massive Ego and its his way or nothing. He makes no real changes and it costs us repeatedly.  Thats odds are why Reid Fired his Butt.

• Agree 2

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I was befuddled that they passed for the TD late in regulation instead of running it twice to burn more clock. Still think they would've got there, but FML that was a terrible decision. As soon as they scored, I knew it was a loss.

that didn’t bug me too much… getting the touchdown in the first place was the big thing.  Plus, we had been stuffed on at least a couple runs already that drive.

• Agree 1

We were up by 10 in the 4th quarter. I was confident because of our offense…not our defense.

However, I felt we were cooked twice. Philly’s last drive of regulation and after we kicked a FG in OT.

I have zero confidence that a Sean McDermott defense will show up when the chips are down.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

If it's true that the definition of insanity is to repeat the same behavior over and over and expect a different outcome, then our coach is insane.

And to go on to the next logical step... if we repeat our support of this over and over expecting a different outcome, are WE not also insane? 😵

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I told my daughter that if we kicked a FG in OT, the game was over and that they HAD to play all 4 downs to get a TD. I fully believe they could have done it too.

Instead of going for the end zone on 3rd and 6… why didn’t we run a play that would have put us in fourth and manageable — between 1-3 yards to go — so that we could give ourselves a chance to convert the first down and at least run more time off the clock?

And instead of going for the end zone with 1:54 left in regulation, why didn’t we try to make the first down, stop short of the goal line, run the clock down and then punch it in?

Answer: McDermott trusted “his” defense more than he trusted his elite quarterback.  When he had absolutely no reason to. 

• Agree 2

I've seen this movie and the same f'n ending so many times.

It was obvious how as we kept missing opportunities. Like we could have had 21 or more going into the half. And knowing we would need any of those points... Cook's drop, Bass' blocked/missed FG.

On cue, our defense started leaking then gushing in the fourth quarter. But will give credit to making a stop and making them kick a 59/60 yarder in the rain to tie it. 

Having said that, I had no faith we could hold in overtime. Shades of KC, even shades of the opener on MNF where our special teams (i.e. much of our defensive depth) was gassed and gave up a PR TD.

There was a glimmer as we moved the ball into their end and I thought for a moment that we'd go for the walkoff win.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s interesting.    I’m 47 so like many on here been there done that and try so hard to minimize the hope but seeing Josh do his thing and the D actually make stops they got me.   They drew me in!   Actually holding them to a 59 yard FG in my mind was a win.   Sure they hit it but I thought “hey the s-birds are desperate and got lucky!”    
Then comes the decision to kick a FG after the miscue throw.    Done!   

My son, 13 like so many that haven’t lived long enough to REALLY know about life believed the whole game.   Poor bastard!    But what do you do?!?   Tell him don’t fall in love?   Sure.   Sure.   Even at 47 despite ALL the years and ALL the games ….they got me.   Those fickle soulless mistresses - all of them!   

I think I’m still talking about football…

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was hoping that this time it was different. Like a kicker would miss a 60 yarder in awful conditions after a HOF C got 2 penalties in a row. But deep down, I knew he was going to make it and we would lose. 

they only good thing about being a Buffalo fan is it doesn’t completely break you when it happens again. It’s like a bad relationship. They cheat on you, call you fat and ugly but every once in a while, they are super nice and tell you how wonderful you are.  And then they do it to you again. 😞

but it will make it that much sweeter if by some miracle of God they actually win one (which I assume will result in a meteor hitting the earth). 

20 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

I fully expected this outcome. McDermott does not make adjustments in 2nd half/ OT. He has learned nothing from the 13 second game. D is soft, in critical times. Porter and Hyde are done!! He needs to go!

And the Eagles are the exact opposite at adjustments. 

• Haha (+1) 1

As soon as it got to 17-14 I knew we were done. I actually never expected us to retake the lead either time. If we had gotten it to 24-7, that might have been the only shot I might have felt ok. If Josh didn’t run a TD in on that overtime drive, I never expected us to win. I knew the defense was never going to make a play. If the other team has 2 sec left they will beat us. I mean between 13 seconds, hail Murray, the titans mnf, the jets week 1, the jets last year, Denver, the pats, the Texans playoff game, on and on and on..no lead will ever be safe with McDermott calling the shots.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.