Come home Frank...Reich fired

Dablitzkrieg

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That said, keep Reich as far away from this team as possible. Another soft, conservative coach that the game has passed by. He's the Offensive McD.

THIS.... Frank Reich is one of the most brutal head coaches out there. He is the poster child for analytics on steroids... his decision making is WORSE than McDs!!!

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Wilkes should have gotten the permanent gig

It wouldn't have mattered who the head coach was is. 

They mortgaged their entire future to draft the wrong QB and everyone knows who the coaching staff wanted. You can't bring in a fragile QB like that trade away his only weapon AND picks to build a team and expect to win. They were an FCS team playing FBS every week. 

Tepper mortgaged the future at the opposition of his staff and he scapegoated the HC, it's pathetic really.. Similar to McDermott here, scapegoated the OC only to give up 40 on defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t think Reich is that good of an offensive coach?

He's a classic example of "good coordinator who can't cut it at HC".  His ceiling is coordinator, and honestly that's fine.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, Tua and Hurts...pffft

Tia will be lucky to last three more seasons

... if he can even finish this one, which will be good first full season then.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Cant fire the owner. That guy is a clown that forced bryce young on Reich.  I say fire McDermott and bring Reich home!  Terry wants to make a splash and allow him to do a slight rebuild without catching hell AND Sell PSL's and season tickets to the new stadium?  That is how you do it./

well there is the a Carolina connection…so

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The info that Reich wanted Stroud and the owner forced Bryce Young has been out since before the draft.

Reich has made some comments that point to it as well.

since nobody seems to agree on this, a actual source would be helpful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That said, keep Reich as far away from this team as possible. Another soft, conservative coach that the game has passed by. He's the Offensive McD.

I think this is right.

He has been McD level bad this year with game and clock management decisions.

He gave OC duties away, took them right back and then🤮

The DC there has done wonders , on the other hand. Evero is young and I’m not sure if he is HC material but I’d love him here as our next DC!

25 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He had Carson Wentz as a top-10 QB a few seasons ago. He had nothing to work with in Indy and Carolina should be relegated to the USFL.

He’s the offensive version of McD, without any of the success. 

Edited by Bangarang

With how he coached in that playoff game a couple of years ago against the Bills, no thank you.  He made a number of head scratching calls and played a key role in that defeat.  I saw that game as more of Indianapolis losing, than the Bills winning.  To those that stated he's the offensive version of McDermott, that seems to be a pretty good comparison.  

I like Frank Reich and value his time with the Buffalo Bills as a player. And at one time I would have hired Frank Reich to coach the Bills over Rex Ryan and Sean McDermott when he lost out to both those men for the Bills head coaching job. But now I don’t think is that time. The Bills need a Bill Belichick to get the best out of this inconsistent football team. As a Bills fan I am concerned that the Bills got there new stadium and there is no reason for Terry Pegula to do anything to improve the Bills. Where the Bills just exist in the NFL yearly like what the Buffalo Sabres are today under his ownership they just exist in the NHL. Where the Bills potentially go back to their drought years under Ralph Wilson with a lot 9-8 and 8-9 in the hunt for playoffs yearly with or without Josh Allen as Bills quarterback. But look the Bills got to keep their tailgating that would be the only difference from the Sabres I hope I am wrong. If Sean McDermott loses out which I think is very possible and he stays as Bills head coach welcome to Sabres land Bills fans in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

since nobody seems to agree on this, a actual source would be helpful.

Here is the type of things i’ve been reading since draft day. They’re not a definite but a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Edited by Einstein
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Frank allegedly pushed very hard for him. Yet again his choice of Quarterback sinks him. For someone who played the position his choices at the spot have been atrocious. 

I don't think Reich is a good coach though in any event. 

I thought that too. If I was a head coach and you weren’t giving me the QB I want to right the ship, especially with pole position in that draft, I’d cut my losses and move elsewhere outing too much control by an owner. 

The speculation being reported, in my eyes, is because of Stroud’s successes and Young’s failings. 

5 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

With how he coached in that playoff game a couple of years ago against the Bills, no thank you.  He made a number of head scratching calls and played a key role in that defeat.  I saw that game as more of Indianapolis losing, than the Bills winning.  To those that stated he's the offensive version of McDermott, that seems to be a pretty good comparison.  

Can you jog my memory on the game, because I remember being really impressed with how indy played and their plan

The seasons after though he was a total disaster 

43 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Cant fire the owner. That guy is a clown that forced bryce young on Reich.  I say fire McDermott and bring Reich home!  Terry wants to make a splash and allow him to do a slight rebuild without catching hell AND Sell PSL's and season tickets to the new stadium?  That is how you do it./

This is somewhat what I am terrified of if we fired McDermott. I feel like if Belichick gets let go from New England that Terry will wanna make headlines and get Belichick here and I honestly want no part of that. The dude has always been extremely overrated and I'd rather go younger with an up and comer with a good offensive mind

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.

I was kinda remembering what they would say about Michigan QBs, then along came Brady. 

Great point, teams should draft all their future QBs in the 6th round.  

So how long before Brady started a game did you realize that he had greatness in him?

Please share your secret.  

Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant, so maybe trading down for that valuable Last Pick is the shrewd GM move these days.  

😎

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The old rule of thumb was never take a QB from OSU lol

Touche!

😂

Edited by PBF81

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.