Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

26 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

And the kneel with 20 seconds left!? WHAT?! You’re the coach who lost to 13 seconds. You’ve seen what a confident team can do, and you chicken out.

That in itself should be fireable.

^^^^^^

THIS! Plus, he FUBARed the TOs to give the Bills less of a shot.

Stupid, Incompetent + No Balls!

fireable.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

I sound like a broken record saying this for the past couple of years, but I think it's becoming obvious to EVERYONE now that McDermott is a coach that will do exactly what is required to lose the game: no more, and no less. I have no more slack to give him. This is who he is. If you need the Bills to win "one before you die" sooner than later, you need him gone sooner than later.

I have known KOKBILLS for over 30 years now, and if he's saying it then I KNOW McD has to be fired.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s disappointing to lose a game like this. I am ok with games like this the Buffalo Bills played a good Philadelphia Eagles football team where it could go either way. What I am not ok with the Bills losing to a bad New England Patriots on the road and losing to the Denver Broncos at home. Those two games put the Bills in the situation they are in presently losing AFC games and making the playoffs which isn’t looking good in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

how many first down drives and 3rd down conversion were negated in the 1st have repeatedly trying to run up the gut after

announcers saying thats the strength of the philly O-line. ?   I know the first drive we hit 3rd down, dorsey takes over and we go no where up the gut.'

next drive 3rd down, Dorsey comes back and we go no where again up the gut.   

that was mcdermott  He asking the offense to eat clock rest his defense

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Your friends team is not good..his qb is bad.. they will be a short visitor if they get to the playoffs 

His team is 7-4. As Bill Parcells says, you are what your record says you are. Their roster is patchwork, their offense is an eminently resistable force, their defense gets pushed around. They finally outgained a hapless opponent in Week 12 for the FIRST time this year, but the refs love them and their record says they are 3 games over .500.

McDermott has a top-of-the-league caliber roster with depth that can replace even the devastating injuries the defensive side of the ball sustained (mostly in an ill-advised trip to the land of boiled beef and rotting teeth to face a waiting foe like Falkirk). Sadly he is the sort of coach who can take a roster devoid of talent and challenge for a wildcard spot just as easily as taking an elite roster and challenging for a wildcard spot. He is entropy personified, his staff the claws of the crab bucket pulling the superior achievers from the crest back to the mediocre mass... everybody got to elevate to the norm.

1 minute ago, AZSanta said:

Should the Bills have gone for 2 after the Davis td. It puts us up by 4 and forces Philly to get a td to win. I think its statistically the best chance to win. What say you?

a buddy of mine said the same thing.

I guess the risk is if you don’t get it, then the eagles would have won on that 59-yard FG.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

A bit off topic but does anyone know where Kincaid went in the second half and overtime? He seemed to completely disappear from the offense. 

He took another shot to the head on one of his catches which once again should have been a penalty. but uncalled of course! I didnt really see him feature too much after that. Might have been a factor or maybe not?

• Like (+1) 1

I figured we lost the game when chicken *hit McDermott kicked the field goal on 4th 6… We were picking up 3rd and 9s all day long … His defense wasn’t stopping *hit in the 4 th quarter so I really don’t understand it… What a waste of a great gritty performance by Allen….

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Feels like saying you saw it and are that wrong about how the rules actually apply when it's your job to enforce them, should maybe I don't know get you fired or something? 

steve-harvey-im-just-saying.gif

dude gets hit by a bus im not losing any sleep.   he was standing right there watching the entire time.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

a buddy of mine said the same thing.

I guess the risk is if you don’t get it, then the eagles would have won on that 59-yard FG.

I thought about that as well. But they have the #2 defense in the league who has to make a stop there. They blew it along with McD and his bad play calls twice at the end!

End of the day the refs were bad but we did get a call in that OT on that roughing the passer call.  It moved the ball to the Philly 26,  at that point you have had no success running on first down in that drive.  You need to call a run/pass option for Allen and put the ball in your best player's hands to win the game right there,  not run the football and Tony Romo mentioned that.  Instead we wasted first down on a running play and then we"re left behind the sticks.  I don't know about you guys but I had zero confidence that defence would get a stop if we got just a FG there.  Your season is on the line and they blew it,  CHOKE JOB AGAIN

McDermott has shown in all his time with the Bills that he will always lose these big games late to good teams. We have never been able to celebrate an OT win with a TD pass.  Always left crying in our beer watching the other team score

I just am tired of it,  so many disappointments and always outthinking himself.  Like why are you calling a timeout on that game tying FG? Then you kneel on it with 20 secs left. Worried about a sack.  that could happen in OT.  Great HC's are thinking ahead,  save your second timeout and give yourself a chance if he make the 59 FG which they did

You needed 40-45 yards in 20 secs and we gave that up in 13 secs. McDermott is the new Marvin Lewis,  another defensive guy that could never win big games until Cincy finally moved on.  

He is what he is and that is an average HC living off his top 3-4 QB because his defences suck bad

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I stand strong as I called it. A healthy Josh Allen and no playoffs, goodbye.  Losses to the Jets, Zach Wilson, The Pats, Mac Jones, the Broncos, Russel Wilson, the so close win to NY, Tyrod Taylor.  We barely won against the bucs, and we only convincingly winned against the Jets again, and the Dolphins.  We just lost to Pholidelphia, next the Chiefs, then Cowboys, Chargers and the only win I see left that we have already lost to, the lowly patriots.  Who wants a rerun of this?  Evidently a lot of you for the sacrifice of winning a SB vs having a good team every year. 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Disagree 1

We have a lot of rebuilding to do.
I fear people don’t realize what is coming. Diggs is old and unhappy. Both starting safeties are old as hell which is not what you want in your DB’s. Von Miller and tre white are guys in their 30’s trying to come back from career altering injuries for the second time each. Our best LB is also trying to come back from a severe injury at age 30. 
Daquon Jones Leonard Floyd and Gabe Davis are all UFA’s. 
Dawkins and Morse are both in their 30’s next year and will be up for free anegcy at the end of next year. 
Rousseau will need a new contract too after next year. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Darius Slay on Josh Allen.

He is impressed, and also comments on how ***** the media is toward Josh and how unjustified it is.

This is why INT% is an important stat and not just raw INT. If a dude is throwing 50 times and throws 1 INT. That is a 2% INT percentage. That's middle of the road for the NFL, not bad at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billiam93 said:

I fear people don’t realize what is coming. Diggs is old and unhappy. Both starting safeties are old as hell which is not what you want in your DB’s. Von Miller and tre white are guys in their 30’s trying to come back from career altering injuries for the second time each. Our best LB is also trying to come back from a severe injury at age 30. 
Dawkins and Morse are both in their 30’s next year and will be up for free agency at the end of next year. 

That's all true... But who would have thought guys like Benford, Bernard, Shakir, Milano, and even Dane Jackson would have contributed the way they have? The Bills will continue to get decent vets at a bargain rate... Good Drafts and cheap vets can solve all sorts of problems. I'm not saying Beane is capable of doing that in 2024... But it is do-able... And we still have Josh. 

4 minutes ago, Billiam93 said:

Dawkins and Morse are both in their 30’s next year and will be up for free anegcy at the end of next year. 

I couldn’t care less about investing in the defense at this point. We’ve already replaced White with Douglas who is arguably just as good. 

Go all in on offense and watch this team shine. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

McD has had a few great "Statement wins" but its now gotten to the point that the "statement losses" have eclipsed those games. In fact I would argue that these type of losses have been so psychologically devastating that McD cannot continue. 13 seconds, the Houston playoff loss, the crushing Bengals playoff loss (where they were totally unprepared), the Minni fumble on the 1 loss, the Peterman 5 INT loss and this Philly game among others that I have mercifully forgotten. I cannot believe that any team can still believe in their coach when they have experienced even one of these losses let alone multiple ones. I think McD has always been an anchor on this team and they have won DESPITE him. He needs to go now!

Statement losses is a good way to put it. It's true. 

23 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Playoffs are out of reach, barring winning five in a row.

Not correct. ESPN has the playoff machine up if you want to play around, but our chances of being in the playoffs, or more relevantly enter our final game with the Dolphins still alive don't involve anything crazy. But we aren't "barring" anything. We are preparing over our bye week to flush a disappointing road loss to one of the top teams in football, and prepare to try to beat the Chiefs. If we were to lose to the Chiefs then win three and go into the final week of the season at 9-7 trying for 10-7, there are tons of likely paths that have that being good enough.

Denver has gotten hot, but the Steelers have been a flawed team, the Browns have their franchise QB out for the year, the Colts have their franchise QB out for the year, and the Bengals have their franchise QB out for the year, and the Steelers have been unable to do much on offense.

What changed today is that realistically we are now rooting for all four division leaders (currently 8-3) to stay hot and knock off teams in the middle of the pack. Everybody catch their breath, enjoy the bye week, and get ready to upset the Chiefs.

And should we look up after week 18 without making it, it will be super disappointing, but after the Chiefs (8) and Bills (4) NO team in the NFL has been to the playoffs the last four years. Missing out one year doesn't doom a team into a need to fire coaches and rebuild, and often leads to a quick return when the talent is there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

What good would extra time outs do in that situation? You are working against the clock not lack of TOs

W/ 20 seconds & TOP left, you have the opportunity of 1 play in-bounds before you have to try the FG (If it's really short, you could probably spike the ball.)  W/ 2 TOs, that means 2 plays, if each of them are ~20 yds, that puts you in FG range.

I seem to recall the Chiefs doing it against someone in only 13 seconds. ;)

4 minutes ago, Koufax said:

Not correct. ESPN has the playoff machine up if you want to play around, but our chances of being in the playoffs, or more relevantly enter our final game with the Dolphins still alive don't involve anything crazy. But we aren't "barring" anything. We are preparing over our bye week to flush a disappointing road loss to one of the top teams in football, and prepare to try to beat the Chiefs. If we were to lose to the Chiefs then win three and go into the final week of the season at 9-7 trying for 10-7, there are tons of likely paths that have that being good enough.

Denver has gotten hot, but the Steelers have been a flawed team, the Browns have their franchise QB out for the year, the Colts have their franchise QB out for the year, and the Bengals have their franchise QB out for the year, and the Steelers have been unable to do much on offense.

What changed today is that realistically we are now rooting for all four division leaders (currently 8-3) to stay hot and knock off teams in the middle of the pack. Everybody catch their breath, enjoy the bye week, and get ready to upset the Chiefs.

And should we look up after week 18 without making it, it will be super disappointing, but after the Chiefs (8) and Bills (4) NO team in the NFL has been to the playoffs the last four years. Missing out one year doesn't doom a team into a need to fire coaches and rebuild, and often leads to a quick return when the talent is there.

Why should we have confidence that this team will beat the Cowboys? Other than it being a home game. I think there is a very, very good chance of the Bills losing to both KC and Dallas at this point. Because the Bills keep beating themselves, over and over. And the refs assist...

6 minutes ago, Billiam93 said:

Next year we have only 4 defensive lineman signed. Ed Oliver, Baby Groot, Von Miller and Kingsley Jonathan (lol). We will have no WR #2 (say what you will about Davis, he is a warm body in a roster slot). Hyde and Rapp will be gone. Poyer and Hamlin are cut candidates. Tre White will be a cut candidate. Elam can't get on the field. Dane Jackson is a UFA.

We have no cap space, and don't even have warm bodies to fill holes. The entire defense is going to be Rapp-caliber signings to fill holes. It's a retool/rebuild year.

• Agree 1

Gonna sign off 'til tomorrow.  Just want to say - when the day started, I never imagined I'd feel this gutted at the end of it.  I thought we might lose, but once again - it's the way we lost.

But I'm really glad to have this board, and even though I don't know any of you in "real" life, this is a great support group, and good therapy.  At the end of a trying day, I'm truly appreciative of that.  Whatever I'm going through, there are a bunch of people like me going through pretty much the same thing, & they get it.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.