Ingram and Isabella elevated from Practice Squad for Eagles game

Draconator

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You guys follow these personnel moves much closer than I do….where is Leonard Fournette? Still studying his binder? 

Ty Johnson had a good game against the Jets and he returns kicks. They won’t have four RBs active on game day. It will take an injury for Lenny to get elevated.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

Last time Isabella was called up everyone assumed he’d be involved and I think he ended up playing special teams.  With Dane Jackson out, I could see the same scenario play out.  

Then again we have a new OC who showed a willingness utilize different players in the offense.   It’s not impossible to think he could be in on a few plays like Johnson last week.  

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You guys follow these personnel moves much closer than I do….where is Leonard Fournette? Still studying his binder? 

I think Ty Johnson is keeping him on the PS.  He plays special teams and also has shown an ability to pitch in on offense 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Ty Johnson had a good game against the Jets and he returns kicks. They won’t have four RBs active on game day. It will take an injury for Lenny to get elevated.

Or they just decide to rotate rbs.  I mean why pull someone if they did a great job the previous game.  Still enough games left to give them all some playing time leading up to the post season.

Edited by AuntieEm

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He's RB#4 on the depth chart.  Just pretend he's an UFA and not a former first round pick.

21 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Maybe Isabella in for Harty to mix things up ?

I like this move

I doubt it.  Pry just a Special Teams replacement for Rapp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

so over Harty at this point …. Didn’t like it when it happened but benefit of the the doubt given …. And now mostly eroded. 

Harty has been a disappointment in the offense.

He's done pretty well as a punt returner, averaging over 9 yards per and looking pretty dangerous.

Probably not worth the contract they gave him but you win some you lose some.

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

I like it in the sense that Brady is taking command and giving the O a definite plan.  He wanted Ty in there last week and we saw why. Tomorrow we will see why Isabella got the nod. 

Agreed.

Brady will have a handful of plays for Isabella.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Bad news that Rapp and Jackson will miss this game.  the were the best replacements we had in the db  category.  Now, we have Douglas, and that is a big plus, but if anybody get hurt we are in trouble.  History this year says we loose some again.

They will both be back after the bye. As long as we don't suffer any injuries in game vs the eagles (crosses fingers) we should be okay. Our starting CBs basically play 100% of snaps so no Jackson should have minimal impact. Johnson being good to go is huge. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I like it in the sense that Brady is taking command and giving the O a definite plan.  He wanted Ty in there last week and we saw why. Tomorrow we will see why Isabella got the nod. 

I could definitely see it going either way, hoping for more consistency with Brady and it could be interesting if he does have a plan to get Isabella involved, I'm hopeful on the former not going to hold my breath on the latter, sometimes even if there was a plan it doesn't work out.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Last time Isabella was called up everyone assumed he’d be involved and I think he ended up playing special teams.  With Dane Jackson out, I could see the same scenario play out.  

Then again we have a new OC who showed a willingness utilize different players in the offense.   It’s not impossible to think he could be in on a few plays like Johnson last week.  

I think Ty Johnson is keeping him on the PS.  He plays special teams and also has shown an ability to pitch in on offense 

This first part

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

See above.

He's in for special teams. Now, I'm sure he may get 1 or 2 snaps on Offense while he's called up to see what he has but he's there for ST. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

looks like lot or 4 wr and Kincaid tomorrow  I wouldnt expect they need Fournette when the run game will probably be Josh scrambles plus a few random rb runs  Spread the eagles out and attack the secondary

Totally agree.  Attack their secondary with 11 personnel.  Spread everyone out and be willing to hit Cook out of the backfield.  Let JA17 run when he feels the need.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Per Joe B, Isabella up likely as a special team’s replacement for Rapp, who played a large role on ST

Screw that, we don’t need Isabella out there on offense.

You want to see this offense hum? Put more Gilliam out there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Looks like Big Game Gabe is now Big Blocking Gabe.

Don't really even care what any players role and contribution is...... provided that the end result is  win I can care less if the only player that scores is  player x or player y.  If Gabe only blocks but it helps the team score that's fine by me and I daresay the players.  Any players that don't feel that way  are the players I want purged from the team going forward.  

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Per Joe B, Isabella up likely as a special team’s replacement for Rapp, who played a large role on ST

Hmmm... could be but it's odd to me that they would want a 5'9" wide receiver to take the snaps for Taylor Rapp.

It seems more likely to me that Ja'Marcus Ingram (6'2" 190 lbs) would take Rapp's snaps.

We shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

This first part

See above.

He's in for special teams. Now, I'm sure he may get 1 or 2 snaps on Offense while he's called up to see what he has but he's there for ST. 

I think Isabela probably is up to cover kicks.  Ingram obviously is up for Jackson.  I wondered if Hamlin would just step in for Rapp, and Isabella might see some offensive snaps.  But maybe Isabella simply is up given the possibility that Lewis has to play more defensive snaps with Hyde and Johnson hurting. 

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Hmmm... could be but it's odd to me that they would want a 5'9" wide receiver to take the snaps for Taylor Rapp.

It seems more likely to me that Ja'Marcus Ingram (6'2" 190 lbs) would take Rapp's snaps.

We shall see.

The way to address part of that issue is to not kick off very much and to ask Bass to kick it out of the end zone when we do have to kick off. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Him and Sherfield are neck and neck for that award. 

Sherfield hasn’t really had (or, I suppose, earned) a chance on the offensive side if the ball.  The Hardy signing looks incomprehensible. 

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sherfield hasn’t really had (or, I suppose, earned) a chance on the offensive side if the ball.  The Hardy signing looks incomprehensible. 

Both have been nothing more than afterthoughts. They could’ve used the money on better snacks in the team commissary. 😉

2 hours ago, Process said:

At some point they need to phase out Harty completely on offense and give Isabella a shot at that role. 

Right now every single play that goes to Harty is a wasted down. 

Agreed.  

I already ate my crow on Harty week 4.  I threw in the towel.  He’s doesn’t have the speed he used to have.  The juice isn’t loose.  It’s gone. 

Isabella on offense over Harty  👍🏻 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.