Ingram and Isabella elevated from Practice Squad for Eagles game

Draconator

4 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

looks like lot or 4 wr and Kincaid tomorrow  I wouldnt expect they need Fournette when the run game will probably be Josh scrambles plus a few random rb runs  Spread the eagles out and attack the secondary

Spread eagle and attack.

I went to a football game and an ***** broke out.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Him and Sherfield are neck and neck for that award. 

The difference is, even though people had some hope for Sherfield and he looked promising at times. Nobody was propping him up to be some slot receiver savior that we’d not seen since Beasley left like they all did with Harty. 

Didn't surprise the realists that knew Harty was a joke all along. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Definitely not one of the best contracts the bills gave out this year

They can get out of it fairly painlessly from what I see. It would be $1.6M dead cap to cut him and save $4.1M against the cap next year.

Problem is I don't think they cut him because of his "value" as a returner. I think it's more likely they keep him and cut bait on Nyheim Hines coming off the ACL.

11 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I see your point, but Harty wins on ROI. Or lack of it. He costs us much more than Sherfield.

For sure, but I think people get too caught up on contract value. They have so much to spend and they only have 53 guys to spread it over. As it’s not my money I don’t care whether they spend it all or not. Neither of these guys, regardless of salary, has contributed a darn thing all season. Not sure what the point was of investing in either of them. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

For sure, but I think people get too caught up on contract value. They have so much to spend and they only have 53 guys to spread it over. As it’s not my money I don’t care whether they spend it all or not. Neither of these guys, regardless of salary, has contributed a darn thing all season. Not sure what the point was of investing in either of them. 

I agree, but I would give Sherfield one slight contributing edge; he has been pretty consistent as a Special teams player. Regardless, neither has been much.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mrags said:

The difference is, even though people had some hope for Sherfield and he looked promising at times. Nobody was propping him up to be some slot receiver savior that we’d not seen since Beasley left like they all did with Harty. 

Didn't surprise the realists that knew Harty was a joke all along. 

The preseason hype on Sherfield was ridiculously unreasonable. 

25 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I see your point, but Harty wins on ROI. Or lack of it. He costs us much more than Sherfield.

2 years $9.5M

Half guaranteed

Sherfield costs nearly what Davis does with Davis escalators.  

The heat that Davis takes as a cheap WR  ... 

SMFH 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Looks like Big Game Gabe is now Big Blocking Gabe.

Good thing he's not getting paid very much then.  

Gilliam gets about the same, after we include Gabe's escalators.  On base contact he gets three times as much.  Other than one (great) play against the Jets, what's he done besides be a JAG on STs.  

Other than that play last week, he's got no offensive stats and not one notable offensive play, and 2 solo and 1 combined/assisted tackle on STs, in nearly 300 snaps.

Nearly $3M for that.  

SMH ...

Beane sure knows how to corral the good ones.  LOL 

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

2 years $9.5M

Half guaranteed

SMFH 

Yeah, I’m surprised Sherfield has been non existent. A few of my friends who are Dolphins fans were bummed they didn’t retain him. Thought we’d see more of him. Unfortunately that isn’t the case. Next man up. 

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Good thing he's not getting paid very much then.  

Gilliam gets about the same, after we include Gabe's escalators.  On base contact he gets three times as much.  Other than one (great) play against the Jets, what's he done besides be a JAG on STs.  

Other than that play last week, he's got no offensive stats and not one notable offensive play, and 2 solo and 1 combined/assisted tackle on STs, in nearly 300 snaps.

Nearly $3M for that.  

SMH ...

Beane sure knows how to corral the good ones.  LOL 

Well we all ripped Beane and McD for spending all that money on the STs for those years but they only had one blunder during it… Kick Off in the 13 second game at the end. 

Punting this year is awful and Bass has been up and down. Coverage on punts has been diabolical but that’s a combination of zero hang time on Martin’s boots. 

Gilliam out of the STers, I give a pass to on the finances though as he does well when he’s in as a blocker so he at least has another use than ST full time. 

7 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

But why is 33 yo murray a better choice than 28 yo superbowl champ fournette?

I think it's more tp do with Fournette learning the playbook.  The dude is 235lbs and runs a 4.5 forty,  he would have been much better today to go against that Philly DLINE. I just hope were not going to see negative first down runs that turn into 5-6 man rushes and Allen running for his life

• Agree 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

I think it's more tp do with Fournette learning the playbook.  The dude is 235lbs and runs a 4.5 forty,  he would have been much better today to go against that Philly DLINE. I just hope were not going to see negative first down runs that turn into 5-6 man rushes and Allen running for his life

You think he’s not learning the playbook quickly or it’s a conditioning thing also? 

Talk in the off-season was how he was once again not in shape for a season which out a couple of suitors on the fence about striking a deal. 

31 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

2 years $9.5M

Half guaranteed

SMFH 

Both Harty and Sherfield signings are two of the biggest reasons why our offence has taken steps back.  We needed help last season,  to the point that Beane brought back both Brown and Beasley. Now you replace those two with Sherfield and Harty and you see the lack of production from the WR position.  Davis struggling just makes things worse.  

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

You think he’s not learning the playbook quickly or it’s a conditioning thing also? 

Talk in the off-season was how he was once again not in shape for a season which out a couple of suitors on the fence about striking a deal. 

It possible a little bit of both,  McDermott loves cavemen physical football and that is what he would bring.  I just don't see Cook having a great day today against that big physical DLINE.  

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Both Harty and Sherfield signings are two of the biggest reasons why our offence has taken steps back.  We needed help last season,  to the point that Beane brought back both Brown and Beasley. Now you replace those two with Sherfield and Harty and you see the lack of production from the WR position.  Davis struggling just makes things worse.  

It possible a little bit of both,  McDermott loves cavemen physical football and that is what he would bring.  I just don't see Cook having a great day today against that big physical DLINE.  

So you give Murray more splits today to have the running game a factor or just hope Cook makes it work?

36 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Gilliam out of the STers, I give a pass to on the finances though as he does well when he’s in as a blocker so he at least has another use than ST full time. 

I've been specifically watching Gilliam on offense and can say that unless I've missed one or two plays, I haven't even seen him on one significant block much less one signifiicant play.  I've seen him in there as a receiving option that Allen's never gone to.  Those are some of his O snaps.  

If you see one, point it out to me.  

27 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The only team that's done anything notable vs. the Eagles in running the ball is Pacheco and KC last week.  That's it.  

The Eagles have the #1 Rushing D in the league.  They allow a stingy 76.5 yards rushing/game, and have only allowed 3 rushing TDs all season.  

Edited by PBF81

33 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Yeah, I’m surprised Sherfield has been non existent. A few of my friends who are Dolphins fans were bummed they didn’t retain him. Thought we’d see more of him. Unfortunately that isn’t the case. Next man up. 

Well we all ripped Beane and McD for spending all that money on the STs for those years but they only had one blunder during it… Kick Off in the 13 second game at the end. 

Punting this year is awful and Bass has been up and down. Coverage on punts has been diabolical but that’s a combination of zero hang time on Martin’s boots. 

Gilliam fills probably three roster spots.  Core ST, FB, and TE3.  

As far as ST blunders go, the KO in 13 seconds wasn't even a personnel issue.  It was coaching/communication.  

And, I agree on punting this year.  Not good.  

16 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Maybe Isabella in for Harty to mix things up ?

I like this move

I’d be ecstatic if that’s what happens. The motor on Isabella is insane. He will wear the DBs out. Harry seems like he’s just here for the free food. Doesn’t do Dick for this offense.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Someone else had mentioned Bass not being great this year-is there something I’m missing? He missed the extra point, but I feel he’s been pretty solid this year, no? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I've been specifically watching Gilliam on offense and can say that unless I've missed one or two plays, I haven't even seen him on one significant block much less one signifiicant play.  I've seen him in there as a receiving option that Allen's never gone to.  Those are some of his O snaps.  

If you see one, point it out to me.  

The only team that's done anything notable vs. the Eagles in running the ball is Pacheco and KC last week.  That's it.  

The Eagles have the #1 Rushing D in the league.  They allow a stingy 76.5 yards rushing/game, and have only allowed 3 rushing TDs all season.  

My point was what he is used for… which is blocking. His receiving is less than anything else he does…

Miami and Washington games he had some reasonable useable and made some key blocks. He’s only made one catch this year on one target. So I’m not understanding where your argument is for receiving over blocking… Allen hasn’t gone to him for a reason and it’s been that way for his career here. It’s not what they have him do. Guy has like 10 or 12 catches in his career on no more than 20 targets. He isn’t all of a sudden becoming a receiver. 

His usage is STs and blocking as a designated full-back. 🤷‍♂️

That was my point. You’re paying him as a special teamer who doubles down as an in-line blocker on offense. 

I’d rather them pay a special teamer that much $ who has use somewhere else, irrespective of how limited or little that may be. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

My point was what he is used for… which is blocking. His receiving is less than anything else he does…

Miami and Washington games he had some reasonable useable and made some key blocks. He’s only made one catch this year on one target. So I’m not understanding where your argument is for receiving over blocking… Allen hasn’t gone to him for a reason and it’s been that way for his career here. It’s not what they have him do. Guy has like 10 or 12 catches in his career on no more than 20 targets. He isn’t all of a sudden becoming a receiver. 

His usage is STs and blocking as a designated full-back. 🤷‍♂️

That was my point. You’re paying him as a special teamer who doubles down as an in-line blocker on offense. 

I’d rather them pay a special teamer that much $ who has use somewhere else, irrespective of how limited or little that may be. 

I was trying to reinforce your point by saying he hasn't done much anywhere else.  3 total tackles on STs, that's it besides last week's FF, which frankly, would have been a lot more useful in a whole bunch of other games, not in one where our opponent had all but zero chance to win the game from the opening whistle.  ... except for us no-showing.  

He's had a few routine blocks that any player could make, but I haven't seen any blocks this year that should make anyone think that any JAG RB that doesn't suck at blocking can't make them.  

I'm in agreement with you.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Ty Johnson had a good game against the Jets and he returns kicks. They won’t have four RBs active on game day. It will take an injury for Lenny to get elevated.

I think they are waiting to see if we make the playoffs

Fresh legs for playoff Lenny!

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You guys follow these personnel moves much closer than I do….where is Leonard Fournette? Still studying his binder? 

I've been wondering the same thing.  He looked good last year.  Does he just not have anything left?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.