James Cook #2 in Rushing after Tonight's game

Silvercrw

1 minute ago, Silvercrw said:

If you look at the numbers James Cook has 697 yards on the year 2nd to only Christian McCaffrey. Crazy because I would've never expected that.

I assume part of that is our very late BYE week, but it is indeed shocking to see a Bills running back in the top 32, much less the top 2. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Wow rushing stats are wayyy down in the NFL. That would put the league leader in the 1200 yard range.

Lot of RBBC. Lot of starters missing a few games here and there. Lots of guys who were mainstays in the top of the RB list getting older. And Arthur Smith submarining Robinson's rookie year. If the Colts didn't bring back Taylor and kept feeding Moss I think he may be leading the NFL right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Glide as I call him, has been great this year.  It's why I'm pissed he hasn't been utilized more by Dorsey. 

The kid is sneaky good.  Doesn't look like he's moving but he continues to pick up chunk yards. 

It looks like Dorsey didn’t know how to use most of his available weapons, sad really, 

GO BILLS!,,

• Like (+1) 2

I would love to see Cook become the all purpose back they drafted him to be. Could definitely still be used more in the passing game but he's closing in on a 1,000 all purpose yards and should easily eclipse that this season. Just remember, the K-Gun was powered by Thurman Thomas for those of you getting nostalgic.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Glide as I call him, has been great this year.  It's why I'm pissed he hasn't been utilized more by Dorsey. 

The kid is sneaky good.  Doesn't look like he's moving but he continues to pick up chunk yards. 

Agree.  He doesn’t seem to move the pile, but somehow gets extra yards after initial contact.

• Like (+1) 1

I think he’s the ideal type lead the back for a Josh allen Lee offense.  Just need to get him more involved in the run game.  His improvement has stood out to my eyes.  

funny there was a thread claiming cool can break tackles and has zero physicality.  Psssshhhhhya

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He's actually 3rd with 688 yards, only 3 yards behind Mostert and 137 behind McCaffrey.

Still impressive, although I think it speaks more to the modern NFL relying on committee backfields and generally handing off less. He's on pace for 1,077 rushing yards through 17 games.

Regardless, I hope his usage increases.

• Like (+1) 1

Another surprise?  

The Bills D is now 4th in scoring in the NFL and is allowing fewer points per game and yards per game than the D last year that was ranked 1st or 2nd.

Even with all the defensive injuries, this team is still extremely good on D...seems kinda crazy a top 5 scoring D and top 7 scoring O is only 6-5.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Ya his vision is getting to be phenomenal 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Who's to say he hasn't been being used correctly and that offense finally is clicking because of him now?

Their offense has been good most of the year.  They put up 37 on the Jags earlier this season before we played them.

Cook has alot of speed at the running back position (very noticable how he moves faster than the other backs and is very smooth). We seriously need to feed the man with screens and getting him into space more. Brady made a career out of screens and swing passes to running backs and quick hits to tight ends and a solid receiver. Cooks along with Kincaid and Diggs can do that if schemed well 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Another surprise?  

The Bills D is now 4th in scoring in the NFL and is allowing fewer points per game and yards per game than the D last year that was ranked 1st or 2nd.

Even with all the defensive injuries, this team is still extremely good on D...seems kinda crazy a top 5 scoring D and top 7 scoring O is only 6-5.

That’s what leading the league in TO’s will do.

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Another surprise?  

Our Offensive and Defensive rankings combined with our team's record are like some sort of terrifying riddle.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Another surprise?  

This team is almost a statistical impossibility. They are plus 104 in point differential (4th in the league). The combined record of the top 9 teams in point differential outside of the Bills is 59-20. 

Just now, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

This team is almost a statistical impossibility. They are plus 104 in point differential (4th in the league). The combined record of the top 9 teams in point differential outside of the Bills is 59-20. 

Not quite as bad as the Chargers back with Rivers and Tomlinson(I believe under Schottenheimer) that were both the #1 Offense and #1 Defense in the NFL in that year and missed the playoffs at 9-7, but in that ballpark.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

That’s what leading the league in TO’s will do.

KC has just 2 turnovers less than us with two less games played.  They are -4 in turnover differential and are 7-2. 

Cleveland has 1 turnover more than us in one less game played,a -5 differential, allow more ppg, score less ppg, and they are 7-3 

Miami has 3 turnovers less than us in one less game played and a worse turnover differential also.  We’re sitting at 0 differential 

the way people talk about the bills you’d think they have 10 turnovers more than the nearest good team lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We're at peak levels of happy Cook in this you can just feel the joy coming from him. 😭

Imagine what he must sound like when he’s truly sad about something. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Haha (+1) 6

The resurgence of the Bills' running attack has been an unexpected delight over the past few games.

The backs seem to be making it past the DL before they are hit. This seems to indicate that our OL is actually opening holes for the backs.

Is this correct? If so, why the inprovement in our OL? Scheme? OL jelling?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We're at peak levels of happy Cook in this you can just feel the joy coming from him. 😭

Seeing this was reminded tht his older brother actually plays for the Jets - another splash signing by that team

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think he’s the ideal type lead the back for a Josh allen Lee offense.  Just need to get him more involved in the run game.  His improvement has stood out to my eyes.  

funny there was a thread claiming cool can break tackles and has zero physicality.  Psssshhhhhya

That thread was ridiculous then (I think it was posted right after the Jets Monday Night opener), and it is every bit as silly now. Cook has been excellent. He just needs to continue to work on pass pro going forward

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.