Bengals lying on their official injury report? (Joe Burrow)

Beast

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-wrist-questionable-to-return-vs-ravens

Taylor says Burrow hurt his wrist during the game and is unaware of any injury may have had before.

Burrow was caught wearing a brace of some sort on his right wrist/hand area getting off the team bus before the game.

Burrow was not on the injury report.

Something to keep an eye on.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

when would they have put him on the injury report--during the game?  

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

During the week….when he was wearing a wrist brace?

Perhaps he's just styling...like Cam Newton and his 'do rag' (babushka).

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We're no better - our organization actively covers up Allen concussions starting with Green Bay last year. 

Fan conspiracy theories.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 2

There is almost zero chance the Bengals didn't know about his wrist before the game. If he was wearing a brace coming in Burrow wasn't exactly hiding it and I'd suspect that he has been receiving treatment from the training staff during the week to be in the best position to play. So let's toss the idea they "didn't know" right out the window. 

So for the season Cincinnati has pushed Burrow out there with this wrist issue on his throwing hand and that shin/calf issue from earlier in the season. It's shocking that they would both invest those millions of dollars in him and yet have almost zero regard for his long term future. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

While I am inclined to agree with your assumption, there was no diagnosis 

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

Fan conspiracy theories.

I was making that statement in jest, when Allen doesn't play well we go to the he's secretly injured card. 

Fans today on WGR550 are still going with "I think Allen is secretly hurt more" card. 

• Like (+1) 1

NFL should be investigating why Soo many players are getting injured this year. How many QBs have gone down, how many key players. I get injuries are part of the sport, but feels like (I know not very scientific) there's more & w/ scoring down it feels like the product overall isn't as good. Of course I'm probably skewed on this view by the Bills issues.

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

NFL should be investigating why Soo many players are getting injured this year. How many QBs have gone down, how many key players. I get injuries are part of the sport, but feels like (I know not very scientific) there's more & w/ scoring down it feels like the product overall isn't as good. Of course I'm probably skewed on this view by the Bills issues.

I wonder if those two things are related…seems like they’re letting offenses get away with a lot more holding this year to try to get the scoring up and the trenches are a lot uglier than they have to be.  Just spitballing here though haha 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve often wondered why teams have to be so specific about injuries. Seems to me it just signals an unnecessary advantage to their opponents. For decades NHL teams have just listed things as upper body, etc. 

The current injury reporting policy was implemented in 2017. You can read it here: https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

I don't remember how it was before that because I wasn't following this stuff as closely because the Bills were mediocre to bad most years. I didn't really care if EJ was limited at practice or if Tyrod had a hurt wrist that could prevent him from not throwing the ball down the field. 

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve often wondered why teams have to be so specific about injuries. Seems to me it just signals an unnecessary advantage to their opponents. For decades NHL teams have just listed things as upper body, etc. 

Gambling is the reason. Not joking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

they also seem to be mostly muscle, ligament type injuries.  Are they really focusing on warming up?  Do they go full speed or do HIIT type training in the week? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Florio had reported earlier in the week the Bengals website posted a photo that showed Burrow in a brace of some kind. Then they almost immediately took it down. Obviously they didn't take it down fast enough for people not to have already been talking about it. At the time, there had been no report of any kind of injury to Burrow's hand or wrist. That is where the problem in all of this lies, due to the effect it has on other things. Betting lines, bettors, preparation, things that could have serious repercussions if it is found that Cincy purposely did not disclose the injury. 

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

The current injury reporting policy was implemented in 2017. You can read it here: https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

I don't remember how it was before that because I wasn't following this stuff as closely because the Bills were mediocre to bad most years. I didn't really care if EJ was limited at practice or if Tyrod had a hurt wrist that could prevent him from not throwing the ball down the field. 

And conveniently enough, NFL gambling was established shortly after.  As if that wasn't the reason for the implementation in 2017.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.