Would you today trade places with Texans fans?

Pine Barrens Mafia

Would ya?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade places with a Texans fan, right now?

• You better believe it?
    • How dare you make me clutch my pearls in shock? NO!

Just now, Lost said:

I'm wish I could have the feeling back of a massive window opening for my team of being a perennial playoff contender instead of feeling like the team has plateaued or the window is slowly closing.  

Window isn't closing since Allen has many years left but the roster will have to be retooled or reloaded. I do think the window to win with the current core group has probably closed.

13 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Explain? Have you been to Dallas, Houston, Austin, etc? 

I am here and it's not bad at all? I don't understand? 

I, for one, really enjoy no income tax.

Just for clarification: I would not trade spots at all. I think CJ Stroud's play right now is not going to last. I'm just trying to understand the Texas hate as a location to live. 

You don't have to live in Texas for no state income tax. Welcome to Florida. 

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sad you didnt enjoy it.  North Texas is pretty vague, parts I am sure aren't anywhere I would want to live in, other parts are probably pretty nice.  If you were unhappy, dont know why your stuck it out 20 years. 

But to the point of these thread, the widow with a potential franchise QB ON A ROOKIE CONTRACT  with a lot of draft capital and a good young HC, all the arrows are pointed upwards for the Texans.  Like GoBills404 stated, great feeling for the Texans like 2020 for the Bill fans when Josh had his breakout year.

I am sticking it out because I didn't want to pull my kids away from their friends in school.  Son is a freshman in college and my daughter is a sophomore in high school.  I would have never forgiven my parents had we moved away from my friends at that point in my life so we didn't want to do that to them.  

Both my kids want to go to college in the northeast...my son grad school anyway hopefully in the northeast.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Explain? Have you been to Dallas, Houston, Austin, etc? 

Just for clarification: I would not trade spots at all. I think CJ Stroud's play right now is not going to last. I'm just trying to understand the Texas hate as a location to live. 

I will happily pay the income taxes in ny again in two years to  gain The cheaper grocery prices, housing etc. and overall better environment to live in.   A NY winter is more tolerable to me at this point than a North Texas Summer which never ends.  

not to mention to get to have a real fall again is just the greatest to me.  I will admit I am going to hate the spring in NY.

Edited by MikePJ76

31 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I’m sure your property taxes are also no where near the outrageous amount that they would be in NY. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m sure your property taxes are also no where near the outrageous amount that they would be in NY. 

You must be unaware of the states current immense issue with property taxes.  My property taxes here are absurd.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I will happily pay the income taxes in ny again in two years to  gain The cheaper grocery prices, housing etc. and overall better environment to live in.   A NY winter is more tolerable to me at this point than a North Texas Summer which never ends.  

not to mention to get to have a real fall again is just the greatest to me.  I will admit I am going to hate the spring in NY.

Where are you living in New York with cheaper housing - after you factor in property taxes, which you are either paying out of escrow or your own pocket. 

Not a chance. Let's wait and see what the Texans do this year and if they even win a post season game before we jump the gun about how good they are. There is a reason why a season is 17 games and there is the truism that once teams get enough tape on a new coach and QB, things get figured out. Let's see how the league adjust to Stroud first. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Where are you living in New York with cheaper housing - after you factor in property taxes, which you are either paying out of escrow or your own pocket. 

Central NY where I am from.  Again, The property taxes in North Texas are ridiculous.  I believe texas is like 6th or 5th ish in property taxes.  

I said yes because the question was phrased "trade places right now / today"

I think it is hard to project either team too far out.  Bills clearly have issues- but could very well get everything sorted out over the remainder of this season and offseason- and get back to being a perennial Superbowl contender.  We also have Josh Allen who at his best, was performing consistently at or better than Mahomes.  He didn't suddenly forget how to play quarterback.

The Texans on the other hand are likely to have a better season than we will this year and Stroud looks great.  Still, lets see how they look at the end of the year and after defensive coordinators start doing a better job game planning for Stroud.  

Overall, I think the Bills have a slightly better future over the medium and long term simply based on Allen.  Having said that right now, I'd rather be a Texans fan- at least for the remainder of this season- their fans have a much more enjoyable season to look forward to I think.

Edited by saundena

In terms of the trajectory of their team? Hell freaking yeah!

Especially when you look at the state of their division, I'd take that in a heartbeat. The Jags have a good record, but they're not as threatening as Miami imo. The Dolphins ownership has also shown a willingness to go out & get as many upgrades and weapons as possible.

The Jags are definitely a team on the rise, but at this rate the Texans will catch up fast. If not this year, definitely next.

18 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

In terms of the trajectory of their team? Hell freaking yeah!

Especially when you look at the state of their division, I'd take that in a heartbeat. The Jags have a good record, but they're not as threatening as Miami imo. The Dolphins ownership has also shown a willingness to go out & get as many upgrades and weapons as possible.

The Jags are definitely a team on the rise, but at this rate the Texans will catch up fast. If not this year, definitely next.

Fins have to pay Tua.

Didn't vote, as the logistics of what's being traded aren't crystal clear. If I vote yes, am I saying Buffalo swaps its entire org out with Houston's, essentially brining that whole operation to WNY to replace ours?

If that's the case, which I think you intended, then I'd have to seriously consider it. Mostly due to coaching and cap realities for the next 4 years. DeMeco Ryans is pretty awesome. And seeing this kind of production out of a blue chip rookie QB means the org can go ALL IN everywhere else on its roster for the next two seasons, at least, to win it all before the QB gobbles up 20-25% of the cap. It's an enviable position to be in. 

I have finally cracked on McDermott. His situational coaching is dreadful, especially at the end of close games. His public messaging is flat and insincere. I don't believe the players respect him. (I DO think he is a pretty solid DC, though, minus that 2nd consecutive zero-blitz last week. That was embarrassingly obvious and easy to adjust to.) And our cap situation seems so much tighter than it should be moving forward. 

5 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

its not true in any way.  This offense will add a second wr next year and maybe a young center but  the rest of it will be ready to go.  Its a plug and play situation with a new coordinator and potential new scheme.  

The defense will be in transition because of the 1 year contracts....but even that is not that out of the ordinary in todays league.  

anyone who thinks the Bills are starting from scratch next year have no idea what they are talking about.

also the other thing that no one mentions here about next year is that if this ship stays on the path its on....For the first time in a while it will not play a first place schedule.  That is going to be a huge positive for a new staff...or new coordinator.  Ironically next year the bills are scheduled to host the winner of the AFC West....its almost a travesty that it might be the chargers and not the chiefs.....the chiefs who they would not play.

They could end up going to the 2nd or 3rd place finishers of the AFC North and NFC North.  Playing the afc south next year along with the nfc west will be just what the doctor ordered for a turnaround.   An away schedule that includes a bad pats team, the rams, colts, texans....possibly cleveland and GB or Minnesota is perfect.  Home games vs the jags, niners and again potentially the chargers or raiders is a setup to a winning season.

when the misery of this season is turned around...hopefully during the year or mercifully at the end of the year....The positivity towards this team should be off the charts.  Possible new staff or just an offensive coordinator....the draft, free agency and favorable schedule will lead to all the positives coming back.

A situation where they get a new OC with a proven system, a new #2 wr, maybe a new center and backup rb along with some new defensive players is going to be fun.

I do not like it.  

It is hot as hell there in the summer.  I will say that.  

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A lot of Western New Yorkers have these prejudicial images of Texans driving pickup truck with a shotgun and chewing tobacco.  Most with those prejudicial thoughts have rarely been to Texas much lest out of the Nprth East.

Good point Roy Batty.  The South and North are quite different.  But there are good people all over.  

I live part time in Fort Lauderdale.  Great people in South Florida.  Very friendly.  I was in Detroit over the past weekend to see two Metallica concerts at Ford Field.  My girlfriend and I stayed downtown.  Had a great time.  People were all friendly solid down to earth good folks.  They like to party a lot and have fun.  The media portrays a narrative that Americans hate each other.  I don't think that's true for the most part.  

4 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

I can answer that from an opinion standpoint. I lived in San Antonio for over 7 years and travelled to Dallas about 100 times. For me it's about arrogance. There are a lot of residents that think everything in Texas is better than anywhere else, specifically Dallas. I had a couple of conversations that went just that way. I recall finishing a conversation by say something like, 'really? I need to check out the snow skiing here'

You have been there a whole bunch.  I will respect your first hand opinion.  That last sentence was funny.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, stevestojan said:

One team on the rise about to become a contender next year vs a team on a downward spiral who will seemingly have to start from scratch to rebuild  around a generational QB in his 6th year? 

Id trade places. Except that means I’d have to root for anything in the state of TX, so my therapy bill would increase. 

They’re going to lose their OC that Stroud can’t stop praising.  

Hopefully to us.  

Stroud has looked real good.  But there have been a number of 1st year wonders who turn into 2nd year dunces.  In addition, many other things have to go just right for the team to become top notch all around.

I will say this, if Stroud does continue his rise and turns out to be a real star QB, the Texan were very lucky in that they had a star QB in Watson, things went bad with him so smartly parted ways, and this quickly got another star QB.  There are many teams that haven't had one star QB in the past 20 years and they've managed to find two!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.