Josh's shoulder injury?

Buffalo Barbarian

With Josh's mishandling of the ball on hand offs , it makes me wonder if he has numbness in hands because dropping the ball twice while handing it off should just not happen, thats pee wee level stuff. Maybe he's getting pain killer shots thats making it difficult to feel the ball , could also explain his errant throws ??

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Then cooks hands are numb too and Gabe's. Even Diggs and Kincaid had a little numbness. 

Maybe they are all injected 😂😂

Just now, zow2 said:

I was wondering about his shoulder before the game then he started throwing 98 mph fastballs that the receivers couldn't handle... so figured his shoulder must feel good enough.

Yes but does he have that fine motor control??

Letting the ball go before it touches the RB is just bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Nah.

So why did he drop the ball??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hey, that kid dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line Saturday - it happens.  It’s just carelessness and lack of focus. Josh has lost focus, for whatever reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh's issue is not physical, it's 100% mental. He may still be managing some pain, but pain doesn't make him decide to target a double-covered 5'6" receiver on deep balls. He's made every throw possible the past few games, so that isn't the issue. It's the 3-4 really bad decisions per game that is the problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Hey, that kid dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line Saturday - it happens.  It’s just carelessness and lack of focus. Josh has lost focus, for whatever reason. 

he hasn't lost focus as it's more of trying to hard but dropping the ball is not normal

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Josh's mishandling of the ball on hand offs , it makes me wonder if he has numbness in hands because dropping the ball twice while handing it off should just not happen, thats pee wee level stuff. Maybe he's getting pain killer shots thats making it difficult to feel the ball , could also explain his errant throws ??

I think it’s a fair question, even though I’m not sure it’s likely the case. 

if it’s a pain management issue a shot could let him uncork some throws while not being 100% in all regards I suppose 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation

Sorry. I should have said:

I do not believe that anything physical is to blame for Josh Allen's shortcomings this year.

I believe there have been two primary problems with him: The main one is his brain. The second one is the coaching he has (or has not) received.

I do not believe that his shoulder is significantly hindering his performance in any meaningful way. 

Fix the QB's head, and you'll fix the QB. The shoulder ain't it.

• Agree 4

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I doubt it, it's just not nearly anything serious enough for that to be a reason...

It's just mostly how he can be careless with the football more than he should, nothing more nothing less 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Wait ... Before the season Josh said he was going to be more focused this year (whatever that means)... I'm not seeing a guy with his head in the game, which I think led to dropping the ball before handing off.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Josh throws the ball 1 million miles an hour - crickets

Josh throws a bad pass - it must be his shoulder

it’s literally nothing to do with this guys point

this thread has devolved into “it’s stupid to ask a question like that because I’ve already made an assumption”

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 947 said:

Josh's issue is not physical, it's 100% mental. He may still be managing some pain, but pain doesn't make him decide to target a double-covered 5'6" receiver on deep balls. He's made every throw possible the past few games, so that isn't the issue. It's the 3-4 really bad decisions per game that is the problem.

100% this ^......Josh has so many conflicting messages spinning around in his head. Brady needs to slow things down.  Simplify the offense and rely on running the ball and shorter routes until teams come out of the cover2.  Josh needs to take a deep breath and put hero ball on hold for awhile.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He was just lazy on that handoff. I don't think it had anything to do with any physical limitations

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

man people are REACCCCHHIINGGGG today. 

Its not today, its after every loss on here. Sometimes even after wins. The amount of excuses people make for why the Bills are bad is maddening. Maybe, just maybe, their not that good. End of story. They are injured, they have gotten old, and their not talented enough in areas that matter in today's NFL(WR) etc. Josh Allen has sucked this year as well no excuses he's sucked. Hopefully Brady rights the ship and gets his mojo back.

Either way Beane needs to revamp this WR core with multiple young draft picks not guys that they can get on the cheap who they think can exceed previous stops production. They need to get younger and faster in their secondary, and they need to get a RT who doesn't suck every other game.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I highly doubt it, but if so, then the onus is on the coaches and training staff to ID it and tell him he can’t go. 

But given the rockets I’ve seen him throw in the weeks Allen got dropped and fell on that throwing shoulder, I doubt it’s a physical problem. The dude is checked out mentally. I have no idea why and not going to pretend I do like everyone else on this board.

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Maybe he remembered at the very last second it was supposed to be the little push pass and not a handoff so he tried really hard to do his best to execute the play that was called… 🤷‍♂️🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not with that injury.  I had a 3rd degree A/C separation and had surgery on it.  Even immediately after the injury, I remember the Dr. telling me that I would be able to do pretty much everything normal as long as my arm was below the shoulder.  The problems would happen happen once the arm was lifted up and, in fact, at first I couldn't even lift my arm over my shoulders.  I seem to remember a QB suffering the same injury and even completing the game by throwing underhand.  Think it was Brian Griese.  When Josh hands the ball off, even if he reaches up slightly, the upper arm is in the underhand position so he shouldn't have any problem.

13 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Hasn’t lost focus?  What is that far away blank stare all about then?  Dude is a zombie. 

that Same blank stare with a little smirk is the expression he gave Brady in a recent podcast when Tom was explaining that risk management is the QBs job.

Guess TB doesn’t know what he talking about either.

I think it has more to do with RPO … on RPO plays Josh is far more often likely to keep the ball.  Maybe Cook was playing it slow soft to let Josh keep it……

I have two shoulder injuries(no idea if they’re the same or similar to Josh’s) and my hands definitely get weak if a nerve gets touched on certain movements. It’s a possibility. 

His passes have looked different this year. I wondered if the elbow either changed something or prevented him from training the way he has been in the offseason. Now with the shoulder I’m worried about him going the same route as Cam Newton when he kept playing on a bad shoulder. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think it has more to do with RPO … on RPO plays Josh is far more often likely to keep the ball.  Maybe Cook was playing it slow soft to let Josh keep it……

Josh dropped the ball before it even got to Cook. It happened twice. That’s on Josh 

• Agree 1

Russ Wilson has always thrown the deep moon ball.  It looks weird but gives his WR's a chance to run under them.  Josh has lost his touch and he's not putting enough air under his deep passes.  If you throw a frozen rope downfield, it has to be a pinpoint accurate throw.  If you throw a high arc, it give your guy a better chance to run under it.  His deep passes have sucked this season.

13 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

His shoulder injury is definitely why he's chucking it deep into double-triple instead of taking the open underneath route. That's the only logical explanation.

Why can’t people understand that more than one thing can be wrong at once? It’s not that difficult to understand. 

13 hours ago, ngbills said:

Josh throws the ball 1 million miles an hour - crickets

Josh throws a bad pass - it must be his shoulder

He dropped a handoff twice. Reading comprehension goes a long way

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Russ Wilson has always thrown the deep moon ball.  It looks weird but gives his WR's a chance to run under them.  Josh has lost his touch and he's not putting enough air under his deep passes.  If you throw a frozen rope downfield, it has to be a pinpoint accurate throw.  If you throw a high arc, it give your guy a better chance to run under it.  His deep passes have sucked this season.

Josh has always been bad at the high arc throws. He had a season or two where they were completing them but they were mostly ugly. The receivers needed to stop and come back giving the defender a shot at breaking them up.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I didn't play much QB, but i did play running back.  Usually you are getting that slammed into your stomach.  

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Josh has always been bad at the high arc throws. He had a season or two where they were completing them but they were mostly ugly. The receivers needed to stop and come back giving the defender a shot at breaking them up.

There's an area between fastball and moon shot though.  His passing trajectories have been off for a bit now.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.