DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

This was probably inevitable given how the season has gone, but firing Dorsey after last night’s debacle reeks of desperation.

It wasn’t Dorsey’s fault that Josh kept throwing it to the Broncos, or that Josh and Cook couldn’t hang onto the football. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

So the OC - despite being here just a year and a half, is the reason that Allen Has led the league in turnovers sicne he was drafted? It's the reason he has more career fumbles after 5 1/2 years of play than Montana did over 15? He has 127 turnovers in 87 games played. Do you understand how insane that is?

Im willing to live with turnovers when the offense is putting enough points to dominate people.  Josh had a game here and there that was aweful but it was just a game here and there per season. All QBs have them.  Josh is on a 6 game stretch of bad offense and clearly has regressed under Dorsey.  While it may not all be on Dorsey, enough of it is that it's time for change.  Our elite franchise QB is going nowhere.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Daboll’s zen like approach? Want it Daboll that was berating Allen on the sidelines like Allen was a 10yr old? 

did you see Daboll chew out Tyrod Taylor - a veteran - just a few weeks ago? 

You lost me there. There is nothing zen about Daboll. 

Daboll is definitely not zen.  He got moved up to the booth for a reason.  However, Daboll had something that kept Allen playing good football that Dorsey doesn't. I dunno what that is but he did.  

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

This was probably inevitable given how the season has gone, but firing Dorsey after last night’s debacle reeks of desperation.

It wasn’t Dorsey’s fault that Josh kept throwing it to the Broncos, or that Josh and Cook couldn’t hang onto the football. 

That is true. But the offense has undoubtedly taken a step back under Dorsey.  And this year, we upgraded the line, the running game, and added Kincaid.

The offense shouldn't be struggling like it is.  Allen has regressed - but that doesn't happen in a vacuum either.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

I know what the concepts are that we've thrown interceptions on and they're all different. The only similarity is the area in which the interception occurred. People like to throw around statements on here as if they're fact, but when asked to back those statements up can't - or are unwilling to. There's so much misinformation on this board because people just see something and run with it whether it's true or not.

this ^^ for all you "there's guys running wide open" posters. This guy can explain to you what things like taking a backside 1v1 means, and why often times the "guys running wide open" is irrelevant to that read.

20 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I am surprised it happened before the end of the season but it is looking like a clown show now. McDermott has to find an OC that can get Josh and cast rolling again. 

It is good to get the message out now that the Bills need that OC. I think people will find that performance comical.  

All McDermott needs to do is find the offensive version of himself. I think he had that some in Daboll and he got scooped up but they should of been on the lookout for the next guy long before they fired Dorsey. 

Wouldn't that be Josh McDaniels ?

29 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Is that Allen's fault or the comparable lack of weapons around him ? How would Mahomes or Burrow be doing with our offense ? 

Throwing passes into triple coverage because he can’t seem to read defenses correctly has nothing to do with weapons. Stop giving our franchise qb passes. He needs to step up.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Question for Bills Fans: Who do you think was the most responsible for Firing Dorsey?

A) Mr. Pegula

B) Beane

C) McDermott

I am of the very strong opinion that Mr. Pegula gave the power to McDermott to make moves like this, AND gave him final say wrt the draft. I also think that he was the one to fire Frazier. 

Jmo but curious as to what others think.

I dunno the answer to this but most coaches pick their own staff.  WRT to final say in draft... maybe year one when Whaley was on his way out but I don't think that is true since.  The reason he didn't take a QB year one was so the incomming GM could pick the QB.  I highly doubt the HC/GM relationship is any different than most other teams relationship.  That is the coach says what kind of players he wants and the gm goes and gets them.  McD of course has some say but Beane is playing an actual GM role and not some submissive role that people dream up in their head.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

He didn't deserve to be fired after this game, but if the season continued this way, he deserved to be fired by the end of the season.  He's had 1 great game, and 2 games where he wasn't the problem.  That's not good enough

You're right.  He deserved to be fired 3 games ago.  I just don't understand why some fans have such blind spots

• Agree 2

to think that Dorsey was being talked about as the next great HC candidate half way through last season.   wonder what actually happened.  all we see is whats on the field.   something else is going on behind closed doors imo.    if the offense feels like Dorsey just got the shaft,  McD will lose this locker room faster than you can say Clappy,  and will be gone at the end of the season.   should be interesting.   now fired one OC,  made another OC want to leave,  made a DC want to leave.   not looking good.

wish Dorsey the best.  before Joshs UCL last season he had the offense humming.   sucks to get canned,  hope he lands on his feet elsewhere.

Edited by bigduke6

12 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Who does Mahomes have outside of Kelce that’s better than Davis? I agree Burrow has crazy weapons. 

I'd argue that Rice is having a better year than Gabe. And Mahomes stats are a little worse than Josh's this year x/c for INTs. 

17 minutes ago, Success said:

That is true. But the offense has undoubtedly taken a step back under Dorsey.  And this year, we upgraded the line, the running game, and added Kincaid.

The offense shouldn't be struggling like it is.  Allen has regressed - but that doesn't happen in a vacuum either.

For someone that has regressed, his stats certainly don't make that obvious other than the INTs. 

Edited by Seventeen
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1724488266890534965?s=61&t=mvFwLU5P2NuqNnOmVpYtwg

edit- can someone tell me how to embed tweets now?

i tried changing the link to Twitter.com then hitting enter with my cursor at the end of the link. What am I doing wrong?

it used to work here when Twitter first changed to x.com. But now it doesn’t. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Just now, bigduke6 said:

think theres more to this than many are thinking.   i dont believe in coincidences.  bad Josh showed up at the same time as this off field issue.   if you watch Josh since then,  he has zero joy for the game,  even when something good happens.   he visibly looks lost.   

Have you ever changed a newborn’s diaper?  Bad things man. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Curious what this offense looks like under Brady? The Sean Payton and LSU/Burrow connections are intriguing. 

Maybe we go on a tear. Josh throws 30 TD's and no INT's the rest of the season. Maybe Dorian Williams is the next Ray Lewis!

LFG!

Expect Allen to get close to 20 picks this year.  Think about that!

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I'd argue that Rice is having a better year than Gabe. And Mahomes stats are a little worse than Josh's this year x/c for INTs. 

Sure you can argue that. I can argue that Davis on KC’s offense with Mahomes could be a star. See how that works?

Mahomes (or Burrow for that matter) doesn’t make many mistakes to hurt his team. That’s the big difference. There’s an important qb stat you’re leaving out. One guy is 7-2 while the other is 5-5. Which is better?

14 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Who does Mahomes have outside of Kelce that’s better than Davis? I agree Burrow has crazy weapons. 

He has a much better O line and that's no small thing.  He also has one of if not the best offensive minds in the NFL calling plays and running the show. 

Mahomes can be confident that in the off season the Chiefs will get him more weapons. Just like they rebuilt his O line after the loss to TB in the SB.  Don't underestimate the importance to a QB's mental health when he has confidence that the franchise will do right by the offense.  Mahomes has it and conversely why would anyone think Allen has it given the reality of how the Bills have structured and built their Offense?

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Mostly a bunch of knucklehead nobodies who routinely try and fumble games away. 

Personally, I hope he keeps them all long after Kelce retires 😏

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

For someone that has regressed, his stats certainly don't make that obvious other than the INTs. 

“But other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?” 

I’d argue that some of the questionable decisions are not always clearly reflected in the stats, but they still leave an impression. 

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He has a much better O line and that's no small thing.  He also has one of if not the best offensive minds in the NFL calling plays and running the show. 

Mahomes can be confident that in the off season the Chiefs will get him more weapons. Just like they rebuilt his O line after the loss to TB in the SB.  Don't underestimate the importance to a QB's mental health when he has confidence that the franchise will do right by the offense.  Mahomes has it and conversely why would anyone think Allen has it given the reality of how the Bills have structured and built their Offense?

Look I know you’re a big defender of our guy. I, on the other hand, hold him accountable as an elite qb. So we’re going to naturally disagree a lot of times when it comes to Allen.

But we both want the Bills to do well and they’re not at the moment. There’s a lot of blame to go around and I hope you’d see that Allen isn’t exempt from that. Now that Dorsey is gone and it looks like rock bottom for Allen and the team let’s hope he can rebound and salvage this season. 

Last night’s game was just too much. lol 

26 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Mahomes has had consistency with a hall of fame play caller in Reid in charge.  He may not have been the one calling all the plays, but it’s his offensive system.

Dorsey was inexperienced and unqualified to be OC, in over his head.

McD dodging responsibility again, he's so good at that. He never accepts any responsibility for anything, the mark of a terrible leader. Dorsey had to go but McD is the real problem here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Beast said:

100%

Two years ago the special teams coordinator was the scapegoat.

Last year, Leslie.

This year, Dorsey.

McDermott put this staff together. He should be next.

I'd have to imagine he is.  Even if it doesn't happen this year it will happen next. I don't think he makes this move if he felt job secure with status quo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.