DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Can we fire John Butler to not teaching our corners to turn around and find the ball ? 

I am a Penn State guy the and less I have to think about John Butler the happier I am.

(also Taron Johnson should be mad at bow badly he got beat off the LOS not the DPI call. Hell don’t even blame McDermott. That’s a big legged kicker. Get them ALL the way out. Taron Johnson should know the only way he gets beat in 2 seconds in a cover 0 is over the top. Like it is unfathomable he gets off the LOS in that situation)

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BCAS Baritone said:

Given that a big part of our problem is Josh Allen right now, I am wondering who had a bigger negative effect on Josh - the OC (Dorsey) or the QB Coach (Brady).

I guess we will find out shortly.

I'm sure if the GM and Coach felt like Brady was having a negative impact he'd be gone as well 

48 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Defense was not really a problem until they played the WHOLE GAME defending short fields.

Agree with this. Despite 4 turnovers, the Broncos only got 6 points from them.

Look at the time of possession. The defense was gassed. Tough to put that loss all on them.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

This year alone the Bills have lost to the Rodgers-less Jets, the Jags, the Pats and the Broncos. They haven't lost to a team that's worse than them in terms of personnel? Really?

You just changed your goal posts from playoffs to regular season 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Taking an organization who hadn't made the playoffs in 17 years, and then getting them to the playoffs 5 of 6 years is a huge accomplishment.  Anyone who says otherwise is letting their emotions get in the way of what McDermott has accomplished here.  

This is true and is why McD should get a shot at turning this around. Pegula owes him that much and the Bills will need to win at lest 5 of their last 7 games to win the Division and make the playoffs. 

At the same time it's been clear since "13 seconds" that McD has reached his professional plateau.  He will never coach the Bills to a Super Bowl and he's on the cusp of ruining a generational QB talent in Allen.  If he screws Allen up McD will be the reason the Bills enter another decade long period of frustration and losing. Since I don't expect the Bills to win the division (which is their only realistic way to make the playoffs) I expect McD will be fired at the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It's going to sound harsh, but Josh cost Dorsey his job. 

Dorsey has had plenty of issues, but he didn't make Josh & Co. turn the ball over so many times... It got to the point where fans were saying Josh was throwing the game.

Dorsey's gameplan was actually solid last night. Execution sunk it. Receivers dropping passes, poor decision making, fumbles on top of INTs... all soured huge improvements to the run game & overall balanced approach.

OK, so stick to the run game. Don't throw the ball when the QB and receivers are so out of sync and the Broncos couldn't stop the run. So what did they do? Return to the pass game.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

At least re yesterday, the problems were with execution not really the coaching on the O side. We had 3 fumbles, 2 picks, 1 near pick, and like 5

drops. 

Forcing pass plays instead of taking advantage of the run game, which was working, was madness.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Taking an organization who hadn't made the playoffs in 17 years, and then getting them to the playoffs 5 of 6 years is a huge accomplishment.  Anyone who says otherwise is letting their emotions get in the way of what McDermott has accomplished here.  

He cleaned up a mess, and he also had a once in a generation QB talent land in his lap. 

They peaked in the 2020 season with the AFC Title Game. 2021 season was 13 seconds (Divisional round) and 2022 season was a wildcard beatdown at home. 2023 season will likely be no playoffs at all.

That's 4 years where the team went backwards. Now the defense is old, broken down and expensive, and we have a defensive HC who seems to want to spend most of the assets on defense instead of surrounding the QB with weapons. 

This only ends one way. The only question is how many of Allen's prime years we waste. 

Being paired with a defensive minded HC is a major disadvantage for Josh Allen that the other top QBs do not have.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, boater said:

All these people celebrating "McDermott on the hot seat"  ...LOL.

He's on no hot seat. He has a guaranteed contract through 2027. He's not sweating anything.

Dig another oil well Terry, 'this isnt a money grabbing venture'. chalk it up as a loss. ill root for mcd elsewhere!

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Part of me wonders is the issue with Diggs was that he decided to speak to someone like Beane or even Pegula about McDermott on behalf of some of the players but Josh didn't back him up.

That might explain his reaction after "meetings" this offseason. 

Sadly, because of what happened with Josh McDaniels I doubt McDermott would hold a "airing of grievances" meeting at this point. LOL 

If an airing of grievances happens on any other day than December 23rd, it's a very bad sign for who ever is a leader and in charge 

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Have you not watched a single analyst coverage or all 22 from the Bills this year? Our guys have been running wide open all season. Allen isn't throwing to them. He's keying in on his first read like a true freshman running an air raid offense.

That's true too. But the play calls suck and there's no flow to this offense.

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Okay…please explain Mr. Nostradamus 

Pegula loves McD, and believes he is a great leader of men. You don’t believe me, revisit this post come September of next year, and let me know who is standing on the sidelines as the Bills HC. 

Edited by LabattBlue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.