Once upon a time when I was younger I'd be pissed

Returntoglory

Once upon a time, a loss like this , or any loss, would piss me off and ruin my week!

Not anymore.

I take these losses in stride now. Realizing that it's just a game and really is meaningless in the great scheme of things and really has no bearing on my life.

Being a Bills fan for almost 50 years does that to a person I suppose.

And this too shall pass.

Edited by Returntoglory
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Once upon a time, a loss like this , or any loss, would piss me off and ruin my week!

Not anymore.

I take these losses in stride now. Realizing that it's just a game and really is meaningless in the great scheme of things and really has no bearing on my life.

Bring a Bills fan for almost 50 years does that to a person I suppose.

And this too shall pass.

You’re full of it. LOL

If it truly didn’t bother you, you wouldn’t be on this site at 12:45am and you’d be in bed instead.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Not anymore.

And this too shall pass.

Same. I get pissed during the game and then for literally like 3 minutes after. It’s not healthy the way I used to let it impact my day/week. 

And it’s gotten to a point where it’s as funny as it is sad. I mean just when you think you’ve seen every Billsy thing from this team, they eek out a win just to throw it away with a penalty that literally only requires you to be able to count to avoid. 😂

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Loser mentality.

Im sorry man. How many hours have you watched this team? I bet it’s a ton like the rest of us. Hours of your life wasted for what? So far, nothing!

I want my time rewarded just one mother bleeping time. I want a Super Bowl and won’t accept less.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Not anymore.

And this too shall pass.

My son is almost 6 months old now…having him makes me care a lot less about things like these games.  

My wife is a Niners fan…even though I put him through a table I made week 1 and baptized him Bills Mafia, I love him too much to continue to wish this tragic fanhood on him, especially since we live in CA.  So I’m all aboard him being a Niners fan now lol, rather him have a chance to enjoy sports and football than doom him to endure life as a Bills fan 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Not anymore.

And this too shall pass.

Same. Let it go.  Seems like we made a mistake keeping mcdermott and Dorsey.  I think the week 1 D would’ve been good enough to get us in the playoffs, but the injuries prevented that.  Then McD and co compounded the sitch by allowing Josh to get to this point.  Maybe it’s partially on the shoulder injury?  🤷🏻‍♂️ but they’ve got a couple weeks to figure it out.  

9 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Not anymore.

And this too shall pass.

Same here. at 44 I've reached a point in my life where my emotional well-being no longer hinges on the outcome of a sporting event.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Same. Let it go.  Seems like we made a mistake keeping mcdermott and Dorsey.  I think the week 1 D would’ve been good enough to get us in the playoffs, but the injuries prevented that.  Then McD and co compounded the sitch by allowing Josh to get to this point.  Maybe it’s partially on the shoulder injury?  🤷🏻‍♂️ but they’ve got a couple weeks to figure it out.  

Stranger things have happened. Who knows...

I’d add this.

back a few years ago when we had Rex Ryan, who I was against at first but then bought in. However that didn’t take long. I remember the Giants game at home in like week 5 or 6. I was there with my future wife at the time. Even though I never left a game early in my life, I told her let’s go with about 14 minutes left in the 4th Q. She asked if I was sure. I said yup, I don’t want to be here for this crap anymore. As we were on our way out, we were stopped at the gate and weren’t allowed to leave. I wondered why. Well, they were holding traffic so that Pegula, his wife, and Whaley, could drive by in a golf cart. Once they passed we were allowed to leave. Anyway, I found it funny that at the time even the owners and GM were done with Rex’s crap and didn’t want to stay for the whole game. It reassured the decision I made at the time. 

I needed to tell you this story because this is exactly how I feel now with McD. He’s garbage and needs to go. I don’t think he will get fired but he should be. It’s really a shame that we have the best QB this team has ever seen or ever will and he’s ruined him. He’s pissed off his stud WR. He’s sucked all the life out of the rest of the team. Shame really. Just a shame. 

• Agree 2

You're right. Football is something I can't control so I don't let it ruin my day. I'll be down or sometimes upset after a loss, but it doesn't last long.

3 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I couldn’t help but laugh when the flag was thrown on the missed field goal. Wouldn’t expect anything less from this team after 30 years of watching.  

Same here. I got up and cheered when they missed, then said "Of course. Why wouldn't there be 12 men on the field?" 😆

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

Loser mentality.

Im sorry man. How many hours have you watched this team? I bet it’s a ton like the rest of us. Hours of your life wasted for what? So far, nothing!

I want my time rewarded just one mother bleeping time. I want a Super Bowl and won’t accept less.

Loser my ass!

I'm a realist. I still love my Bills but not worth the stress of caring too much.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah it’s possible.  Toughest part seems to be getting Josh to being Josh.  

He was kind of Josh tonight  with the picks at least 😉

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Not anymore.

And this too shall pass.

Yep but I'm still annoyed

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Dr Krentist said:

You're right. Football is something I can't control so I don't let it ruin my day. I'll be down or sometimes upset after a loss, but it doesn't last long.

Same here. I got up and cheered when they missed, then said "Of course. Why wouldn't there be 12 men on the field?" 😆

I had a similar sense of relief when we lost; it's a lot healthier to be this way than to get all bent out of shape.  Just let it go and be in harmony with the whole thing.  

I just wanna see one SB win before I die.

• Like (+1) 1

I coach HS football. Our last game was the same night as the Bills/Bucs game. When it was all said and done, I totally forgot the Bills played that night and didn't remember to check the score until the next morning. 

It was the best feeling ever to have zero emotion tied to a Bills game. I didn't get Sunday ticket for the first time in my adult life this year. I'm not getting it ever again. Unless its on local tv (I live out of state), I probably won't watch anymore. It's getting to the point I don't even feel like bothering to watch a stream of non local games. Forget the Bills...

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I am pretty pissed about this loss, legitimately angry but a side note to your main point...The NFL has become such a joke overall that it is going to make it easier for me to not care as much in the long run.  Will be easier to get over.  I agree with those saying the biggest problem is I still really wanna see the Bills win a damn Super Bowl and for a little bit it was looking like this could be the group to do it so that part of it is super frustrating.  

The Today Show led off this morning showing the kick, penalty, re-kick… then the host says “oh my gosh can you imagine waking up a Bills fan today? what an awful ending for you”.  and i’m thinking yeah lady, this is nothing. There’s been several games over the years that we’ve been punched in the gut harder than this!!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

I coach HS football. Our last game was the same night as the Bills/Bucs game. When it was all said and done, I totally forgot the Bills played that night and didn't remember to check the score until the next morning. 

It was the best feeling ever to have zero emotion tied to a Bills game. I didn't get Sunday ticket for the first time in my adult life this year. I'm not getting it ever again. Unless its on local tv (I live out of state), I probably won't watch anymore. It's getting to the point I don't even feel like bothering to watch a stream of non local games. Forget the Bills...

I agree, it is nice no longer being tied to it.  I have gone to bed early 3rd quarter the last 2 weeks without any problem.  It's been nice feeling rested following a late Bills game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.