Why do you come to TSW & Post

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Ya know, I thought about making that same joke.

But I was concerned there may be a few posters that would offer me directions 🤣.

I few months ago I might have given you a used Garmin.  😋

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

@Shaw66 has been lurking as recently as yesterday.  Why did he stop posting?  Maybe message him. 

Hey, thanks for the concern.   I'm fine.   I seem to have turned a corner on my Bills fandom.   I've been intending to do a post about it, but it's a bit of a project, and I'm travelling to Cincinnati this weekend.  

Since London, I missed the Bills the following week, I watched the last two games, and I watched no other pro football.  I'm reading nothing about the Bills.  I come here just to see if there's any news, like acquiring a corner back or a 1 Tech, but I seem to have lost interest in talking about the Bills.  I just watch the games, am pleased, not so pleased, or not pleased with what I see.  Then I just spend my week thinking about other things, until the next game.  

My one substantive thought:  I think the NFL is all about building to a team that can win the playoffs.  The Bills are working on building that winner.  I have no idea whether they'll succeed, but the fact that they don't look dominant right now isn't something that I worry about.  I did worry about before, but not since London.  Either some players will step up, or they won't.    If the Bills win it all, there will be great praise for all the guys who stepped up.  If they get close and fail, well, someone didn't quite do what is incredibly difficult to do.   Josh, Von, Diggs, Bernard, Cook, the oline, Floyd, and unnamed people all could step up.  Taron Johnson had a career play in the playoffs before we understood how good he was.  Maybe Benford will be that guy this season.   I don't know.  

Every pro football team is trying to do something that is incredibly difficult - to win the Super Bowl.  Every team works incredibly hard at it.  Maybe the Bills will succeed, maybe they won't.  I've stopped trying to figure it out.   I'm just watching to see what happens.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Hey, thanks for the concern.   I'm fine.   I seem to have turned a corner on my Bills fandom.   I've been intending to do a post about it, but it's a bit of a project, and I'm travelling to Cincinnati this weekend.  

Since London, I missed the Bills the following week, I watched the last two games, and I watched no other pro football.  I'm reading nothing about the Bills.  I come here just to see if there's any news, like acquiring a corner back or a 1 Tech, but I seem to have lost interest in talking about the Bills.  I just watch the games, am pleased, not so pleased, or not pleased with what I see.  Then I just spend my week thinking about other things, until the next game.  

My one substantive thought:  I think the NFL is all about building to a team that can win the playoffs.  The Bills are working on building that winner.  I have no idea whether they'll succeed, but the fact that they don't look dominant right now isn't something that I worry about.  I did worry about before, but not since London.  Either some players will step up, or they won't.    If the Bills win it all, there will be great praise for all the guys who stepped up.  If they get close and fail, well, someone didn't quite do what is incredibly difficult to do.   Josh, Von, Diggs, Bernard, Cook, the oline, Floyd, and unnamed people all could step up.  Taron Johnson had a career play in the playoffs before we understood how good he was.  Maybe Benford will be that guy this season.   I don't know.  

Every pro football team is trying to do something that is incredibly difficult - to win the Super Bowl.  Every team works incredibly hard at it.  Maybe the Bills will succeed, maybe they won't.  I've stopped trying to figure it out.   I'm just watching to see what happens.  

You mention “since London”, and I can say the same thing. I’m not sure how you have changed since that event, but I can say I still love the Bills but am losing some interest in the NFL. 

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

You mention “since London”, and I can say the same thing. I’m not sure how you have changed since that event, but I can say I still love the Bills but am losing some interest in the NFL. 

Wow.  Didn't occur to me that others might be having the same experience. 

One reason is that we traveled with family for two weeks after the game, so I didn't have time ti watch games and study posts here.  I discovered I didn't miss it.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Glad to see all is okay.😁

catharsis.  Oh and Bills football news and chatter.  Finally, picking on the weaker man (Thanks, Taylor Swift) in PPP.  We all did it occasionally in high school, right?  Now we can again.

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I came for the centerfold.  Seriously, kinda.  TBD used to host the Buffalo Jills website. 

They were all married....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

20 hours ago, DJB said:

Because I came here to make fun of Dolphins and Pats fans and make people laugh 

Jets fans write their own jokes themselves 

And you’re like a blood hound sniffing out those trolls disguised as Bills fans.

Never change DJB.  You have fans and you’re a wisears.  Reminds of someone else I know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

-To hear the latest news

- To hear great analysis with an unapologetic pro-Bills bias, and occasionally read truly inspirational prose (Virgil, Shaw, etc.)

- The mods - they are what we want refs to be.  I almost never think about them yet they maintain enough order to keep this whole chaotic mess working

- Freddy's dead's nicknames when he hands out game balls - I'm a fan of all of them!

- I try to tamp down my overreactions to good and bad games but it's sort of cathartic to come here and see people just let fly

- At times it’s fun to watch a scrum develop as people get angry over nothing.  (Why did you share that thought!  I just spent 10 seconds of my life reading it and now must compose a note telling you how offended I am!)

- More Zach Ertz threads would be nice

- I miss the Edmunds threads

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d7c87557f37bfd2104665319f4f59000.jpeg

Ridge,  you really better never change.  Wasn’t that the guy from that old Humphrey Bogart movie.  Casablanca.

28 minutes ago, Clark Rotary said:

-To hear the latest news

- To hear great analysis with an unapologetic pro-Bills bias, and occasionally read truly inspirational prose (Virgil, Shaw, etc.)

- The mods - they are what we want refs to be.  I almost never think about them yet they maintain enough order to keep this whole chaotic mess working

- Freddy's dead's nicknames when he hands out game balls - I'm a fan of all of them!

- I try to tamp down my overreactions to good and bad games but it's sort of cathartic to come here and see people just let fly

- At times it’s fun to watch a scrum develop as people get angry over nothing.  (Why did you share that thought!  I just spent 10 seconds of my life reading it and now must compose a note telling you how offended I am!)

- More Zach Ertz threads would be nice

- I miss the Edmunds threads

Don’t forget the obligatory “hey, this 38 yr old washed up player was released, should we bring him

in for a look?  Maybe Von can talk to him, yadayada”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

I really come here for the continuous updates by YokoInOhio.

Looks like the Giants will hire Brian Daboll as Headcoach  Seem pretty risky to me....

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

To amplify this point, it seemed that when Yolo was updating the board, we were getting credible league news as it broke.  Since Yolo stepped back from the role, there hasn't been the level of accuracy in stories, or multiple streams and credible sources regarding topics of discussion.  We kicked around an anonymous report from some shlub (the source, not our TSW member) over a Bills players only meeting that did / didn't occur, and we did it for way too many pages.  

Now, what Yolo was doing was far above what a volunteer 'call of duty' should be for a team's message board.  We are grateful for as long as the service was provided, and if nobody steps forward to fill the role, then the conversations will follow the subjects laid out, without the previous level of accuracy, or multiple sources presented.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

To amplify this point, it seemed that when Yolo was updating the board, we were getting credible league news as it broke.  Since Yolo stepped back from the role, there hasn't been the level of accuracy in stories, or multiple streams and credible sources regarding topics of discussion.  We kicked around an anonymous report from some shlub (the source, not our TSW member) over a Bills players only meeting that did / didn't occur, and we did it for way too many pages.  

Now, what Yolo was doing was far above what a volunteer 'call of duty' should be for a team's message board.  We are grateful for as long as the service was provided, and if nobody steps forward to fill the role, then the conversations will follow the subjects laid out, without the previous level of accuracy, or multiple sources presented.

Yes.  Can't thank Yolo enough.  His service was fabulous. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.