Raiders fired HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler.

Process

5 hours ago, 716 said:

Not saying that Davis has a ton of liquid cash on hand, but the Raiders' value has skyrocketed since moving to Vegas:

"The valuation of the Raiders continues to rise in Las Vegas, with the Silver and Black now worth $6.2 billion, making them the sixth-most valuable team in the NFL.

The team’s value increased 22 percent over last year, when they were ninth, jumping $1.1 billion since 2022, according to Forbes annual ranking of NFL team values.

The Raiders have come a long way from 2015, when they were 31st in the 32-team NFL in these rankings."

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-make-huge-leap-in-franchise-valuation-rankings-2896820/#:~:text=The Raiders have come a,ranking of NFL team values.&text=The valuation of the Raiders,valuable team in the NFL.

Yeah...  cash flow and valuation are two entirely different things.  Davis isn't managing cash flow very well by continuing to pay two ex-coaches who failed.  But if he decides to sell the team, he'll do great.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well in 2 years after he left the O has gotten worse each year. So my money is saying it’s not BB. 

Lol, A DC was your OC one year and this year you lost all your talent.  Its not so cut and dry.  McDaniels has sucked everywhere Brady and BB were not in every capacity.  He is overrated 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He is nothing but a game manager.  Hopefully your team tries to get him back instead of drafting another QB and they stay at the bottom of the division that much longer.

I don’t even know if BB will be back next year never mind making decisions. But if he is that move wouldn’t shock me. 

9 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Will the Raiders sign Dorsey away to be their HC in January ?

I would dance for JOY!  Anything that means he isn't our OC next year.  Something has to change, either he leaves or they need to fire him if we aren't getting the job done offensively, too much talent on this team for that.  They can't run it back the same if we don't get there this year and they just extended McD.

NOW...if Dorsey gets it together the rest of the season and starts making less stupid decisions and keeps getting the talent on the roster more consistently involved, then I won't be so "get rid of Dorsey"...but TODAY...he is still a problem IMHO with his poor redzone decisions and lack of consistency and identity in the offense.  Not all him, but it starts with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm late to this party but I have to say good riddance!!!

I had Meyers and needed 4.3 points to win the game in a cash league this week. 

That's literally 2 catches for 23 yards...

They targeted him 1 time, just one time the entire game. 

Can't tell you how many replays I had to endure of Jimmy G getting sacked while Meyers stood there wide open. 

Boooooooooooooo

30 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Didn't they just sign him to an extension a couple of weeks ago ?

That’s another weird thing. It was over the summer and some say it only this year and next year and other saying it’s a third year.. either way he goes 2-15 He will be fired. (IMO)

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would dance for JOY!  Anything that means he isn't our OC next year.  Something has to change, either he leaves or they need to fire him if we aren't getting the job done offensively, too much talent on this team for that.  They can't run it back the same if we don't get there this year and they just extended McD.

NOW...if Dorsey gets it together the rest of the season and starts making less stupid decisions and keeps getting the talent on the roster more consistently involved, then I won't be so "get rid of Dorsey"...but TODAY...he is still a problem IMHO with his poor redzone decisions and lack of consistency and identity in the offense.  Not all him, but it starts with him. 

Just think of handing off to Jacobs 6 yards behind the LOS

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yeah...  cash flow and valuation are two entirely different things.  Davis isn't managing cash flow very well by continuing to pay two ex-coaches who failed.  But if he decides to sell the team, he'll do great.  

Absolutely. And I'm sure he is paying JMcD a pretty penny outside of the Gruden salary.

I remember just a few years ago, his net worth was like $500m, and now it's up to $2.3b or so. Best move he ever made was moving to Vegas.

Edited by 716

L

Another major move in Las Vegas: The #Raiders are expected to start rookie QB Aidan O'Connell this week and going forward, with Jimmy Garoppolo going to the bench. The promising O’Connell now gets his shot. pic.twitter.com/2lN5Aey5X8

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 1, 2023

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

L

Another major move in Las Vegas: The #Raiders are expected to start rookie QB Aidan O'Connell this week and going forward, with Jimmy Garoppolo going to the bench. The promising O’Connell now gets his shot. pic.twitter.com/2lN5Aey5X8

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 1, 2023

This is a smart move, for the same reason that the Bucs should be starting Trask. If you're not in actual contention, it's better to see what you have than to keep playing the retread. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

The notion that Davis has no cash is absurd. He could raise the price of beer and hot dogs and parking this weekend and raise a million bucks. With TV contracts, merchandise, tickets, corporate sponsorships, and guys just wanting to hang out with the owner of an NFL team, Mark Davis has plenty of cash available to pay McDaniels to not coach

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is a smart move, for the same reason that the Bucs should be starting Trask. If you're not in actual contention, it's better to see what you have than to keep playing the retread. 

Baker is playing pretty well for the Bucs tho, he’s 28 years old and a former number 1 pick. Bucs should start Baker, especially in that division that they could very well

win 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Is he looking to leave Michigan and get back into the NFL.

Michigan is being investigated for sign stealing.  Rumor is the school pulled Harbaughs contract extension until the investigation is concluded.  Michigans president was also pretty clear they’d ditch Harbaugh if he wasnt being “clean”.

Plus Harbaugh could avoid NCAA sanctions by going back to the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Michigan is being investigated for sign stealing.  Rumor is the school pulled Harbaughs contract extension until the investigation is concluded.  Michigans president was also pretty clear they’d ditch Harbaugh if he wasnt being “clean”.

Plus Harbaugh could avoid NCAA sanctions by going back to the NFL.

If Urban Meyer is indeed going to Michigan State - its further incentive to leave now too.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

oof

Garoppolo is just absolutely butter soft and I am amazed that teams still consider him a viable option as a QB.

I wouldn't put him on my roster at vet minimum unless I was in full tank mode.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Garoppolo is just absolutely butter soft and I am amazed that teams still consider him a viable option as a QB.

If he is all but done in LV you wonder if the Vikings wouldn't inquire about him

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Looks like there might be more to it as well. Raiders are in absolute shambles.

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Raiders are reportedly playing John Gruden and Josh McDaniels 80 million dollars not to coach them. That’s just bad.

Mark Davis is close if not the poorest owner in the NFL.  It’s amazing the incredibly moronic decisions.  He’s taking on senile dads choices, not when Al was young and brought his 70’s teams to the SB.

There was one rumor about Jim Harbaugh.  That actually would be a pretty good idea.  He may be ego maniacal, but he’s a winner, and creates a winning culture.

8 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

just once I’d like to hear the owner just say “Sorry fans, that was a big-ass mistake. This guy sucks, he sucked in his last job and he sucks in this one. I guess I was just conned.”

I couldn't find the quote, but it seemed to me that when Ralph fired Tom Donahoe he came as close as I'd expect. He apologized and said it was an embarrassment. I think he was talking more about how the fans were treated, but it was not great football either.

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Telling ya French there’s an SEC team out there that wants a guy like this doing recruiting someone like Florida considering McDaniels is the guy who drafted Tebow 

The Gators won’t hire someone like McDaniels, despite their recent lack of success.  They aren’t that stupid and they know the guy would bail for a new gig as soon as the pressure mounted, and it is immediate at Florida.  Miss. State or some other program like that, maybe, but McDaniels seems like a guy that will find his way to a NFL staff, bc college is an entirely different animal and recruiting is all year job that now requires keeping kids happy so that don’t transfer. 

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

6 best Raiders coaching candidates to replace Josh McDaniels, ranked from Frank Smith to Rich Bisaccia

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/raiders-coaching-candidates-josh-mcdaniels-replacements/cab2f225695d308461bf9187

1. Frank Smith

2. Brian Flores

3. Dan Quinn

4. Ben Johnson

5. Ejiro Evero

6. Rich Bisaccia

I will contribute to a 'GoFundMe' for Bisaccia to tell Mark Davis  "🖕🏽".

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Guessing when this happens immediately after the trade deadline it’s because of what wasn’t bought or sold? 

They also dropped a stinker on MNF…probably took a day or two for the lawyers to get the paperwork ready…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.