Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No offense to what Tre used to be, but Rasul Douglas is better than what he was this year pre-injury.  

Eh, this is very subjective and very little people in the nfl would agree with this. White is working his way back from a major injury and plays against number 1 receivers. Douglas is their number 2 cb,

solid if unspectacular pickup. But I’d million times rather have Tre than Douglas. 

But let's not downplay the 3rd round pick. 

In my view, 3rd and 4th rounders are hugely important, moreso for Cap control than added value onto the field. The Bills have at least 2 starters from the 3rd round this year. Bernard and Spencer Brown. Bernard has been well above expected, but just pretend he was a replacement level player for his position just as Spencer Brown is. Meaning straight average. Good enough to start.  Their REAL value is that those two dides have a combine 2M in cap hit, and the Bills don't have to spend 15M in veteran money for those two spots. 

So if the Bills got another replacement level start from a 3rd round pick in 24, that's a 6M cap hit the Bills are eating for Douglas. So that's the value trade Beane had to make. 

Not easy, but hopefully worth it. 

Just now, BillsVet said:

Predictable that, you can't refute an argument but fall back on asking questions that can't be answered as some sort of dunk.  

Ain't got the chops to make your own points. 

OK, so then you have no solutions.

My point, genius, is that if there's an easy answer out there, it should be fairly simple to point it out.

Which offensive players were traded, and who would you have liked from that list? Seems like a simple question, yet here you are, scratching your chin over it.

No, I think it's more likely you just feel like complaining. I mean, man up and own that.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Step back the Chiefs have scored 20, 17, 19 and 9 against the Lions, Jags and Broncos twice and added Mecole "butter fingers" Hedman at WR. But I know we should work on scoring more than stopping the opposition cuz that worked in 13 seconds game.

As a Bills fan, Mecole Hardman is like the fine wine you pair with the Kadarius Toney entree. 

Those two clown-shoes can single-handedly throw away a game at any time (and have).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

My Brother and a good friend are big Packers fans. They are laughing at me right now.

EDIT: After further discussion with them, they are putting most of the blame on their DC...but they are still very happy to get a 3rd. 

They are in the minority. Most fans and media/beat reporters from the Packers are pissed

• Like (+1) 1

Not a bad deal. 

Starting caliber player for an effective 4th. Almost no cap hit this year, and will be going into a contract year with 0 guarantees next year. If we like what we see, the Bills have a ton of leverage to get him on a new deal. If we don't we can cut bait with no strings. 

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

As a Bills fan, Mecole Hardman is like the fine wine you pair with the Kadarius Toney entree. 

Those two clown-shoes can single-handedly throw away a game at any time (and have).

Don't forget Skyy Moore dropping perfectly thrown passes in the endzone on 4th down.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, appoo said:

In my view, 3rd and 4th rounders are hugely important, moreso for Cap control than added value onto the field. The Bills have at least 2 starters from the 3rd round this year. Bernard and Spencer Brown. Bernard has been well above expected, but just pretend he was a replacement level player for his position just as Spencer Brown is. Meaning straight average. Good enough to start.  Their REAL value is that those two dides have a combine 2M in cap hit, and the Bills don't have to spend 15M in veteran money for those two spots. 

So if the Bills got another replacement level start from a 3rd round pick in 24, that's a 6M cap hit the Bills are eating for Douglas. So that's the value trade Beane had to make. 

And we are getting a 3rd round pick for Edmunds leaving.  So it's a player and a 5th round pick for a late-ish 3rd rounder and will have another 3rd round pick that they have available equating to a 4th after the trade.

What's the issue?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Per

@PFF

Rasul Douglas has the highest coverage grade amongst corners in the NFL. Min 75 snaps.

Per

@PFF

Rasul Douglas has the highest coverage grade amongst corners in the NFL. Min 75 snaps.

I think it’s solid pickup but people know pff is based on nothing really. They assume coverages/ defenses. They don’t fact in game situations (like the Pack losing a lot this year) and don’t adjust for receivers you’re covering (Alexander is their number 1 cb). It’s a nice tool I guess but can be all types of misleading. 

that said, if there is one area where I will blindly trust McDermott is defensive back. I wonder what the price for Johnson was? 

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm assuming this is the Bills 3rd round pick and not the expected comp pick for Edmunds. I don't think they officially know if they will get that comp pick or not yet. 

Is that correct?

So looking at finishes the Bills #rd will be closer to an Early 4th rounder and the Packers 5th will wind up being closer to a late 4th so to me is a player and swap of positions in the 4th rather than what sounds like a 2 round difference. I think its a good deal as long as he renegotiates 2024 salary .

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This guy is like process incarnate. 

Like, he holds the "process" power of a thousand suns.

Can McD even withstand being in the same room with this guy without melting?? 

Edited by Yobogoya!

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, this is very subjective and very little people in the nfl would agree with this. White is working his way back from a major injury and plays against number 1 receivers. Douglas is their number 2 cb,

solid if unspectacular pickup. But I’d million times rather have Tre than Douglas. 

I would agree with this

Douglas has the size and intangibles, but Tre has more athletic ability and high IQ

Would have been nice to have them as a duo with Benford and Dane as backups

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, appoo said:

Got a 5th rounder back. So a late 3rd rounder for a higher 5th rounder. Moving back 1.5 rounds rather than giving up a 3rd. Plus we have the Tremaine comp pick 3rd rounder. Seems extremely cheap, no-brainer to me

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it’s solid pickup but people know pff is based on nothing really. They assume coverages/ defenses. They don’t fact in game situations (like the Pack losing a lot this year) and don’t adjust for receivers you’re covering (Alexander is their number 1 cb). It’s a nice tool I guess but can be all types of misleading. 

that said, if there is one area where I will blindly trust McDermott is defensive back. I wonder what the price for Johnson was? 

There were two prices in that trade to happen.  Bears and the players.  Bears wanted a lot and Johnson wanted to get paid with an extension.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BeastMaster said:

I would agree with this

Douglas has the size and intangibles, but Tre has more athletic ability and high IQ

Yeah don’t get me wrong, it’s a solid pickup.  But Tre was starting to look like Tre and was takes on Hill/ Adams. That’s not Douglas’ role.

• Agree 1

Just now, BeastMaster said:

I would agree with this

The question is will Tre be able to come back from yet another severe injury...and be the same CB.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It isn't based off nothing and anyone can assign whatever value they like to the grade. But he's clearly playing better than the guys we got

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

I would agree with this

what's his IQ? Is he genius level?

3 minutes ago, Art in PNS said:

So looking at finishes the Bills #rd will be closer to an Early 4th rounder and the Packers 5th will wind up being closer to a late 4th so to me is a player and swap of positions in the 4th rather than what sounds like a 2 round difference. I think its a good deal as long as he renegotiates 2024 salary .

Hopefully we sign him to a cap friendly extension.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Apparently the Steelers made a significant offer and it was rejected.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Sounds like a good acquisition. So can he play and help against Cincinnati? 

No, he'll be inactive until he takes the oral and written exams, and delivers a TED talk on 'What the Process Means to Me'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.