Bills signing Fournette (for real this time)

Process

Fournette played admirably behind one of the worst Olines last year in Tampa. They were decimated with injuries, and were just plain bad. 

He is great catching dump offs, is a willing blocker, and can do some tough running and goal line work.

I am shocked he wasn't signed by another team before the season, and I would bet that he will play a significant role here if given the opportunity 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

54 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Fournette played admirably behind one of the worst Olines last year in Tampa. They were decimated with injuries, and were just plain bad. 

He is great catching dump offs, is a willing blocker, and can do some tough running and goal line work.

I am shocked he wasn't signed by another team before the season, and I would bet that he will play a significant role here if given the opportunity 

If he can score inside the 2 yard line, he's worth it. Cook is a C/D gap speed runner but will struggle at the goal-line.

• Like (+1) 1

Nearly 29-year old RB whose averaged 4.0 YPA in his career, ... meh.  

He's got size, might be a Goal Line asset.  

I'm not quite sure what McBeane have against true 3-down RBs.  Having one would certainly add some options on offense.  

Edited by PBF81

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Guessing this is similar to the Beasley and brown signings last season, vet to the practice squad insurance

If he shows well will be signed to the active roster in season after getting the max call ups

Kind of just want him for the playoffs 

He may not be a King Henry, but I think he is still someone the D will have to pay attention to.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Murray has value in pass protection but I don't want to see him touching the ball anymore. It's been painful watching him run it recently.

Hmm, interesting. I personally think Murray is doing a fantastic job and is the perfect complement to Cook. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Hmm, interesting. I personally think Murray is doing a fantastic job and is the perfect complement to Cook. 

He has made some nice plays picking up added yards as a check down option for Allen. His runs have also been decent.

However....he has 4 plays of being stopped right before the goal line.    (Shotgun handoff fail) 

Given his size...he needs to get those in 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Benjamin Allbright reporting that Bills, SF and Cowboys are "in on CB Jaylon Johnson" from Da Bears. I looked further - some twitter saying Bills have made offer of: Elam and 2nd round pick for Johnson.

Hmmmmm.. Beaner up to a good deed?

I bet Da Bears send him elsewhere as revenge for them signing Edmunds 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Makes sense for many reasons. I think he’s got more in the tank than Murray and they need some blocking nastiness with the TE situation.   Not going to put the Bills over the top but having a guy that has been there and played his best football in big moments is a good asset to have. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The clock is running and Beane’s viability as a GM who can support the coaches, our roster and the best fanbase in football, will be decided by players that can come in and make us better. Fournette will not suffice because our immediate needs are on the other side of the ball, with 3 all pro starters going down for the season. Beane has made one trade deadline move  in the Josh era and it was last year Moss for Hines. Hines turned out to be a productive return man, but he is gone and we have not replaced him with an impactful returner. We like Beane for bringing Josh in moving up in the draft, and trading for Diggs, but he has been a disappointing for in season improvements.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.