TB @ Buffalo Game thread - 1st Half

Simon

Just now, HappyDays said:

I would bet EPA statistics will show differently after the game

The offense had second and goal from the 1 and came away with no points.  Then the defense held and gave them the ball back for a 20 yard TD drive.  The offense gave away the ball on a terrible play that resulted in a 20 yard TD drive the other way.  Other than that, Tampa hasn’t been inside the Bills 39 yard line.  Hard to ask for much more than that.

• Agree 2

Just now, Blackbeard said:

Can anyone explain why we did call a to?!

It forced them to NOT try the FG.  If the clock is running to zero they can kick, if they try it and  miss w time on the clock they give the Bills a good chance to score before the half.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I hate that Dodson is starting this game. It justifies every criticism of McDermott being unwilling to develop rookies. We already know who Dodson is. Dorian Williams at least has a ceiling he can reach by the playoffs. Why not give him some chances to get there? Why play it safe with a maybe slightly better but still bad player?

I think Mcd just plays everything safe. They want Allen to play safe.. this staff can’t get out of their comfort zone but honestly I think we play better with a bit of fast paced recklessness. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is objectively incorrect lol 

The defense has given up a 20 yard TD and a 57 yard FG, and they gave the ball back to the offense at the Tampa 20 yard line.  What more could you reasonably expect?

1 minute ago, Billl said:

The offense had second and goal from the 1 and came away with no points.  Then the defense held and gave them the ball back for a 20 yard TD drive.  The offense gave away the ball on a terrible play that resulted in a 20 yard TD drive the other way.  Other than that, Tampa hasn’t been inside the Bills 39 yard line.  Hard to ask for much more than that.

Completely agree. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Okay.... I don't understand why people are mad.

Bills don't call a TO then the Bucs snap the ball at 3 and get a no risk FG attempt.

Bills call a TO and then the Bucs have to decide if it is woryh the risk. They miss and the Bills have it at the Bills 49. One play and they'll be in FG range

Yep It was a great call by McDermott.

solid game management

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.