Deshaun Watson: Trust Fund Baby (UPDATE: 28% through Contract)

DrDawkinstein

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Tre did the same thing last year.  He was cleared medically but he knew he wasn’t ready to play nfl football.  When Tre finally did play, it was obvious that he was right and wasn’t ready for play

Yeah Petey Pan, I'm sure Tre molested every massage therapist in WNY and forced them into tugs to go along with the rubs then once he got a chance to come back malingered the rest of the season....

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Yeah Petey Pan, I'm sure Tre molested every massage therapist in WNY and forced them into tugs to go along with the rubs then once he got a chance to come back malingered the rest of the season....

Huh? What are you even talking about?

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

How is McNair a scumbag?  I live in Houston here about them all the time.  You can call McNair a dolt and  pushed around by his wife but I see no evidence of him being a "scumbag".

If I am mis-remembering something I apologize, but wasn't McNair pretty widely known for being racist?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He wasn't on the injury report.  

Allen played through a much worse injury and didn't miss a game.

Watson probably has a little pain but it's not that bad to take yourself out the game.  I think everyone who has thrown a ball has had a rotator cuff strain at some point in their lives.  It was my most common injury and I never missed a game because of it and I was a baseball player which is much more strenuous on the arm.

How do you figure an elbow injury is worse than a shoulder?

And how do we know he didn't reaggravate the injury during the game or in warm-ups?

I really dislike people making assumptions about players' health.  RGIII, Cam Newton, Dez Bryant and others ruined their careers by "gutting it out" and playing injured.

39 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

How do you figure an elbow injury is worse than a shoulder?

And how do we know he didn't reaggravate the injury during the game or in warm-ups?

I really dislike people making assumptions about players' health.  RGIII, Cam Newton, Dez Bryant and others ruined their careers by "gutting it out" and playing injured.

Because I have had rotator cuff strain at least a dozen times in my life.  Reaggravated and played through it probably like a several people on here.

It didn't ruin there careers lol.  Bryant had a good career and Newton and RGIII didn't grasp the game mentally.   

Did John Elway ruin his career playing without knee ligaments.  Thurman Thomas ruined his career by playing through a torn ACL.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because I have had rotator cuff strain at least a dozen times in my life.  Reaggravated and played through it probably like a several people on here.

It didn't ruin there careers lol.  Bryant had a good career and Newton and RGIII didn't grasp the game mentally.   

Did John Elway ruin his career playing without knee ligaments.  Thurman Thomas ruined his career by playing through a torn ACL.

You played QB at the NFL level with a rotator cuff strain?

And yes, their careers were ruined as none of them were the same after their injuries.  

If only everyone's bodies reacted the exact same way to every injury...that's not how it works.  

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You played QB at the NFL level with a rotator cuff strain?

And yes, their careers were ruined as none of them were the same after their injuries.  

If only everyone's bodies reacted the exact same way to every injury...that's not how it works.  

No, I played baseball and that is much more violent on the shoulder.

And no, that doesn’t prove it their injuries ruined their careers.  Are you saying its impossible to return from an ACL injury or something?  It was surgically repaired.  Elway didn’t have a ligament lol.  Win from the pocket maybe?  They couldn’t and that’s RG3 and Newton sucked the majority of their careers.

My physical trainer was an old drunk who didn’t give a ****.  You think he took care of my arm better than Watson is getting?

You were a guy that had 26 accusations of sexual misconduct against you.  You were humiliated in public but yet still got the most guaranteed money in NFL history when you should be out of the league.  Maybe suck it up since you should be thankful you got another opportunity….especially since he’s looked below average this year.

I mean Bealey played with a broken leg.  Allen played with a partially torn UCL.  

I mean there’s ex NFL players that are questioning Watson now lol.  

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Couldnt be happier this is happening to Haslam.

At least this puts the whole "guaranteed contract" argument to rest.

Kirk Cousins has had a fully guaranteed contract for years and I doubt the Vikings have any regrets about that.

Also, medically cleared to play doesn't necessarily mean he SHOULD be playing.

Dawson Knox was medically cleared to play the last 2 weeks and was a detriment to the team. That's just from the team perspective. No idea what it was costing him personally/professional in both the short and long term to play through that. 

Edit: It's more than a little ironic to call a guy that grew up to a single mom on welfare a "trust fund baby"

Edited by DabillsDaBillsDaBills
additional comment
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Process said:

This is super corny. Quinn was one of the most garbage 1st round qbs ever. It was like a 5 year old joke. Also funny that some people are mad at Watson (and should be) yet make jokes about the situation. 

They both suck for different reasons. 

and maybe karma kicked in or maybe it is playing for the Browns. But Watson was a top 5 qb and Cleveland is winning with PJ Walker. If Watson can somehow remember how to play football, that is a dangerous team. 

p.s. a lot of fans in here love ignoring a lot of scummy bills players and their allegations with women as well. Some on the wall of fame. Glass houses. 

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I love seeing this whole thing blow up because it was gross disgusting and insulting all at once. 

Sadly, Watson wins either way

They are ahead of us in the playoffs right now. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

How is McNair a scumbag?  I live in Houston here about them all the time.  You can call McNair a dolt and  pushed around by his wife but I see no evidence of him being a "scumbag".

Didn't he get in hot water not too long ago for saying some racist stuff? That might be what they're referring to.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is super corny. Quinn was one of the most garbage 1st round qbs ever. It was like a 5 year old joke. Also funny that some people are mad at Watson (and should be) yet make jokes about the situation. 

They both suck for different reasons. 

and maybe karma kicked in or maybe it is playing for the Browns. But Watson was a top 5 qb and Cleveland is winning with PJ Walker. If Watson can somehow remember how to play football, that is a dangerous team. 

p.s. a lot of fans in here love ignoring a lot of scummy bills players and their allegations with women as well. Some on the wall of fame. Glass houses. 

They are ahead of us in the playoffs right now. 

Great take, in my view, all of it,  and especially on the hypocrisy I highlighted.

Quinn was so bad, with one of the weakest arms I have ever seen on an NFL quarterback. Ironic, because in college and then whenever he could, he wore extra tight shirt sleeves and pulled them up to show off his arms, or he went shirtless.  He had the kind of poor-boy gym muscle that didn't add up to actual usable strength or toughness.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No, I played baseball and that is much more violent on the shoulder.

And no, that doesn’t prove it their injuries ruined their careers.  Are you saying its impossible to return from an ACL injury or something?  It was surgically repaired.  Elway didn’t have a ligament lol.  Win from the pocket maybe?  They couldn’t and that’s RG3 and Newton sucked the majority of their careers.

My physical trainer was an old drunk who didn’t give a ****.  You think he took care of my arm better than Watson is getting?

You were a guy that had 26 accusations of sexual misconduct against you.  You were humiliated in public but yet still got the most guaranteed money in NFL history when you should be out of the league.  Maybe suck it up since you should be thankful you got another opportunity….especially since he’s looked below average this year.

I mean Bealey played with a broken leg.  Allen played with a partially torn UCL.  

I mean there’s ex NFL players that are questioning Watson now lol.  

And that's fine.  I'm telling you all injuries are not created equal.  

There's always salty players questioning other players.  They questioned Lamar last year.  What are they saying about him now?  

Exactly.  They need something to talk about.  

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cornholius Bennett?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah, apparently he’s a scumbag I’m learning! Literally picked the name because of the sea biscuit pun. But I’m not changing it now (and don’t even know how - I’ve been trying to change my avatar for years!). 

but yes if Bennett was a sex offender (what did he do), I’m not a fan of it!!!

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, apparently he’s a scumbag I’m learning! Literally picked the name because of the sea biscuit pun. But I’m not changing it now (and don’t even know how - I’ve been trying to change my avatar for years!). 

but yes if Bennett was a sex offender (what did he do), I’m not a fan of it!!!

He sodomized a woman in a hotel back in the late '90s and pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct.  He's also being sued by a woman in Rochester:  https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2021/09/02/cornelius-bennett-former-buffalo-bills-player-accused-sexual-assault-brighton-ny-bar-otter-lodge/5692984001/

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He sodomized a woman in a hotel back in the late '90s and pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct.  He's also being sued by a woman in Rochester:  https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2021/09/02/cornelius-bennett-former-buffalo-bills-player-accused-sexual-assault-brighton-ny-bar-otter-lodge/5692984001/

I might have to change my name. 😞 (c.Biscuit97notthereepyexbillsplayer)

And it happened in 1992 and it’s just coming out now? Not saying Bennett isn’t a scumbag, but why wait so long? 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And it happened in 1992 and it’s just coming out now? Not saying Bennett isn’t a scumbag, but why wait so long? 

The Atlanta stuff has been known since the 90s when it all happened. It's why he isnt on the Wall of Fame (or HoF), and likely never will be. Rightfully so.

He was one of my favorite players as a kid, but has been dead to me for nearly 30 years.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You asked me if I had rage for dirty Bills from the '90s. Bennett was the only one that came to mind that even approached POShaun's level of serial sexual assault. 

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

In turn, the woman said she has suffered permanent emotional trauma as a result of the encounter. According to the lawsuit, the woman accused the NFL and the Buffalo Bills of failing to properly supervise Bennett while he interacted with patrons at the bar.

She claimed that they knew, or should have known, about the attack and other misconduct and failed to take any sort of action.

This part I do not understand - NFL and teams are responsible for supervising players outside of work?

And "should have known" is speculative.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Atlanta stuff has been known since the 90s when it all happened. It's why he isnt on the Wall of Fame (or HoF), and likely never will be. Rightfully so.

He was one of my favorite players as a kid, but has been dead to me for nearly 30 years.

What about another fan favorite who sounded likes he treated women like Jim Briwn but is so beloved and now found God? Do we still like him? This is where this stuff gets real tricky. Some of these guys we love as players are trash (like so many other professions) but you like them because they are on your favorite team. 

but maybe after like 15 years, it’s time for a C.Biscuit97. Thinking LockdownElam. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What about another fan favorite who sounded likes he treated women like Jim Briwn but is so beloved and now found God? Do we still like him? This is where this stuff gets real tricky. Some of these guys we love as players are trash (like so many other professions) but you like them because they are on your favorite team. 

but maybe after like 15 years, it’s time for a C.Biscuit97. Thinking LockdownElam. 

You should change your name to Nearly6Inches

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.