Bills now Vegas betting favorites to land Derrick Henry

Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Murray is no where near the caliber of player that Henry is, but I agree 100 percent that Hopkins would be the more impactful acquisition of the two 

Cook is averaging 4.8 per run and 10.9 per catch, murray is like 3.8 per run and 7.7 per catch. /

Henry is at 4.3 and 10.6. 

I think cook can come in mid field to spread it out put murray is great at pass protection when you want to air it out. Just saying we aren't talking about 2020 henry and odds are dorsey wouldn't use him right any ways. Probably start the drive with 3 shotgun handoffs and punt lol.

It's probably to add him to the PS to take Ty Johnson's spot.

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Henry and Cook on either side of Allen

Kincaid in the slot.  Diggs, Davis wide

Winning

Bills fans have been talking about 2 running back sets for 20 years and it hasn't been a thing NFL teams have done in a meaningful way since Dunn & Alstott.

Honestly, I'd love to have him here.  Problem is, there are a lot of problems to fix here, and RB ain't one of them.  Unless you totally revamp the offense to feature Henry, Cook, Kincaid, Diggs and Davis.  But again, that's a completely different offensive scheme.  Not sure I'd trust Dorsey with the switch.

13 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

Cook is averaging 4.8 per run and 10.9 per catch, murray is like 3.8 per run and 7.7 per catch. /

Henry is at 4.3 and 10.6. 

I think cook can come in mid field to spread it out put murray is great at pass protection when you want to air it out. Just saying we aren't talking about 2020 henry and odds are dorsey wouldn't use him right any ways. Probably start the drive with 3 shotgun handoffs and punt lol.

But what would Henry average here with Allen and the pass attack?  With Titans they have to key in on stopping Henry, here they can't do that.  So can't really compare the YPC, two different situations.  I think Henry could average over 5 here running in this offense.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But what would Henry average here with Allen and the pass attack?  With Titans they have to key in on stopping Henry, here they can't do that.  So can't really compare the YPC, two different situations.  I think Henry could average over 5 here running in this offense.  

With this line? Our run blocking isn't great and for pass pro we been using Knox and murray. I'd rathe see 5 yard slants to Dhop and Diggs vs running henry 15-20 times when we have cook and murray.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

With this line? Our run blocking isn't great and for pass pro we been using Knox and murray. I'd rathe see 5 yard slants to Dhop and Diggs vs running henry 15-20 times when we have cook and murray.

It’s snowing and wind is making it difficult. Who do you want running the ball, Cook or Henry? 

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not proposing anything here...just sharing info.  

Interesting day over here...A buddy called me earlier today who has also been a source of some info in the past (for example he was the one who leaked the Rams vs Bills season opener last year to me a month early) and he just he heard some chatter potentially linking Bills and Henry today.  

I just got home right now from being out and about for a little bit running errands and I got a text from a bookmaker buddy of mine about how the Bills are now the betting favorites in Vegas to land Henry at 2/1 odds.  My immediate comment to him was to ask him if that is just because Beane freed up some cap space.  He said it's possible, but more likely Vegas at least heard or caught wind of something suggesting at least interest rather than just make that move over a small cap move.  

So take it with a grain of salt...but just found it interesting that in the same day Beane freed up cap space Vegas made the Bills the betting favorites to land him.  Did a quick google search to pull up the odds and found this link right away.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-trade-rumors-odds-derrick-henry-tennessee-titans#:~:text=Buffalo is granted a 33.3,(%2B300%2C 25 percent).

I would take him, but really need a DT and corner

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, QCity said:

I'd say the odds of him ending up on the Bills are a lot better than him making it through the season. He's a 29-yr old power back with some rough miles on him. Those 300+ touch seasons take their toll.

Just need him for this year, winning the Superbowl is all that matters

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GoBills! said:

I mean isn’t Cook avg like 4.8 YPC behind this line?

It would be a very Billsy move to go after another RB, give up draft picks and pay him 12 million per year and then give him 5 touches a game.   Until this offense and Dorsey figure out an identity for itself, I kinda doubt they can utilize any of their skill players efficiently.   I personally would rather us just get back to our late 2021 offense which didn't run at all outside of #17 and was nearly unstoppable until 13 seconds happened.   

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I mean.. ok, but if you are going for that, talk to the Giants about renting Saquon for the year.

If the Bills are going to talk to the Giants I would inquire about Leonard Williams or Dexter Lawrence if I were Beane.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Did you not see the Eli Ankou tweet?

;)

There is an article in today's Daily News about the Giants trading Saquon, but Beane really should call Schoen and see if either Lawrence or Williams are available. That would be a good move for the Bills and combined Oliver will help shore up the D-Line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.