Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

Just now, balln said:

Lol epa . Ok. So they’re basically top 10 in either formation. Which is how they are as a total

offence. 12 inclucdes mostly Kincaid. And he’s basically a wide receiver. So we’re back to 11

it does not matter. All that matters is TDs , scoring points, limiting turnovers and winning

Lmao “it does not matter”. Yet I literally gave you 2 stats to back up they are better in 11.

When you have some data/stats that the bills are the same or better in 12, let me know

If not, don’t reply to this and just move on cause “it doesn’t matter” based on absolutely no data, isn’t going to cut it. Sir.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, balln said:

No where am I saying get rid of Allen. I’m not going to run things. Dumb. classic homers / Josh can do no wrong crowd here tonight 

So you're just a whiny baby complaining about Allen on a Bills message board for some weird reason.  Got it.

Hey and I wouldn't want to put in writing that the Bills should get rid of Allen because it would capture forever that you made one of the dumbest posts in the history of 2BD. 

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

So you're just a whiny baby complaining about Allen on a Bills message board for some weird reason.  Got it.

Hey and I wouldn't want to put in writing that the Bills should get rid of Allen because it would capture forever that you made one of the dumbest posts in the history of 2BD. 

Reality hurts sometimes. I forgive you

• Haha (+1) 1

Can't believe I'm saying this but this is a must win game. If we win, do what it takes to trade for a WR - Hopkins, Jeudy, whoever is available that possibly upgrades Davis we have to make a move. If we lose, heads will probably roll at the end of the season when we inevitably miss the playoffs so might as well stand pat.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Lmao “it does not matter”. Yet I literally gave you 2 stats to back up they are better in 11.

When you have some data/stats that the bills are the same or better in 12, let me know

If not, don’t reply to this and just move on cause “it doesn’t matter” based on absolutely no data, isn’t going to cut it. Sir.

EPA is a calculation. It’s not really data. Not measurable.

Further you give rankings and not the actual “numbers” - what are the units of measurement here ?

They dont play two games Sunday at 1. One in 11 and one in 12. It’s the blend. There’s not that much of a diff bw 2 and 12. How many times do I have to tell you Kincaid is a big slot WR. 12 is essentially 11. Have you not heard beane say 11.5. 

1 minute ago, balln said:

EPA is a calculation. It’s not really data. Not measurable.

Further you give rankings and not the actual “numbers” - what are the units of measurement here ?

They dont play two games Sunday at 1. One in 11 and one in 12. It’s the blend. There’s not that much of a diff bw 2 and 12. How many times do I have to tell you Kincaid is a big slot WR. 12 is essentially 11. Have you not heard beane say 11.5. 

But yet when they are in “12”, they are worst statistically.

And have been a dominant offence the last 3 years in 11.

Just Pure “coincidences “ I guess

Once again, you have nothing to back up your “it doesn’t matter” statement so this will be my last reply to you.

Have a good night 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

But yet when they are in “12”, they are worst statistically.

And have been a dominant offence the last 3 years in 11.

Just Pure “coincidences “ I guess

Once again, you have nothing to back up your “it doesn’t matter” statement so this will be my last reply to you.

Have a good night 

They are 4 and 3 man. Not sure what you want. Go run 11 personal 100% of the time I guess. 

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

They aren’t suddenly going to be spectacular on offense and lock down on defense.  This will be a grind it out slugfest. The Bills *should* win,  but would i be shocked if the Bucs steal this game? nope.

Idk if they’ll figure it out but if they could communicate better on these stunts/delayed blitzes the offense would improve exponentially in a hurry.  It’s really been the same things killin us every game since jax 

17 hours ago, Negan said:

Just took Bucs ML +280, not bad value there.

We've see this offense we know this team... might as well make some money off them.

I'm sure Mike Evans will go nuclear Thursday night too, with Baker dominant.

I can already hear the Boo's after the first 3 and out Thursday night on the first possession.

I'd definitely place a bet on Tampa with the points too. Seems like easy money here 

The Bills are not playing well on both sides of the ball. The coaching staff seems clueless as to as having any kind of answer to fix their issues. Perhaps, it's not truly fixable because the talent is not there. Especially, on the injury riddled defense. 

The Bills enter right back onto the playing field. Is this really a positive? I mean what's gonna change from the last three games? 

I suspect we see a similar Bills team. One that struggles on defense. If Mac Jones can light up this D what can Baker do? Mike Evans and Goodwin will likely gash the Bills secondary. 

On offense close your eyes and hope for the best. Tampa's D is beatable. The Bills should have success but I say that with some trepidation. I suspect the Bills will be really pressing to get out to a fast start. The Tampa D is a pass funnel defense. So it's imperative that Josh takes the open underneath looks. This will lead to long drives and less possessions. The red zone offense has to be efficient. 

My heart just can't call a Bills loss here. However, I do see another game that is very tight.

Frankly, this Bills team is average and really in trouble. The danger of missing the playoffs is very real. Making the playoffs almost seems like the goal now. Winning playoff games and representing the AFC seems fantasy like. Almost unattainable. For sure, we devout fans will never give up hope. 

Bills 24. Tampa 20.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

the handicappers still have us as big favs, like we were the last two weeks.

i think the read through is vegas figures we will right out defensive struggles, which will lead to us running up the score on teams again.

i hope they are right, because we have dumped so much into the d, we have to get some kind of return

• Agree 1

Dawkins and McGovern will have to strap it up facing Barrett and Vea.  Their SS is not great so Kincaid may be able to operate.  They have a sub playing at LDT so hopefully Torrence can handle him and establish the running game.  I actually think with Knox hurt, the passing game gets better with the Shakir/Harty/Sherfield committee in the slot. 

OCT 23 WOUNDED BUCS? The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a short week to prepare for the Buffalo Bills ahead of their Thursday Night Football matchup. ... and as of Monday, they've got issues.

The Buccaneers did not have a full practice, but they "estimated'' that Baker Mayfield would have missed the session with a knee injury. Also listed as DNPs: Receiver Chris Godwin (neck), guard Matt Feiler (knee), defensive tackle Vita Vea (groin), and safety (Kaevon Merriweather).

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Can't believe I'm saying this but this is a must win game. If we win, do what it takes to trade for a WR - Hopkins, Jeudy, whoever is available that possibly upgrades Davis we have to make a move. If we lose, heads will probably roll at the end of the season when we inevitably miss the playoffs so might as well stand pat.

Must-win Primetime game, Josh Allen vs Baker Mayfield.

Sometimes, to go forward, you have to go back.

• Haha (+1) 1

Here we go again...WHY DO THESE LIVE PRESS CONFERENCES ALWAYS CUT OFF THE ANSWER TO QUESTIONS? Comes back on so you can hear the question but then once McD starts answering them, it cuts off and goes silent.  WTF is the purpose of even broadcasting them live then?? Just wait until  it's over so you can fix the audio on both ends.

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Here we go again...WHY DO THESE LIVE PRESS CONFERENCES ALWAYS CUT OFF THE ANSWER TO QUESTIONS? Comes back on so you can hear the question but then once McD starts answering them, it cuts off and goes silent.  WTF is the purpose of even broadcasting them live then?? Just wait until  it's over so you can fix the audio on both ends.

they had to bleep out Maddy Glab somehow.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Evans and Godwin scare me....they will feast on our soft coverage if the DL doesnt get pressure. Not feeling great about this one.

As a Bills fan , if you’re not feeling good about this one you have to wonder if they can beat a team in the league. That’s what the Bucs are right now - a team in the league. If that’s the case then the entire thing needs to be restarted from scratch . I don’t think Bills fans should be at that point yet. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

This honestly has loss and 4-4 written all over it. I hope I am seriously wrong but the amount of finger pointing on this board is probably even worse in the locker room right now.  How they respond on Thursday night is going to tell you pretty much how the rest of the season might go. 

A comfortable win they hit the reset button

A close win every game is going to be a grind

A loss of any kind and this team is officially done and the season is going off the rails by Halloween.

For those of us who remember this board before 2018 the last one was the way our season usually went so might get a little nostalgic they tuck away Josh on IR with his shoulder let Kyle Allen lose every game and comeback in the off season with a top ten pick. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

As a Bills fan , if you’re not feeling good about this one you have to wonder if they can beat a team in the league. That’s what the Bucs are right now - a team in the league. If that’s the case then the entire thing needs to be restarted from scratch . I don’t think Bills fans should be at that point yet. 

Look no farther than the last 3 games, 2 against some of the worst teams in the league!  The Bucs are better than the giants and their backup qb and the Pats

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This honestly has loss and 4-4 written all over it. I hope I am seriously wrong but the amount of finger pointing on this board is probably even worse in the locker room right now.  How they respond on Thursday night is going to tell you pretty much how the rest of the season might go. 

A comfortable win they hit the reset button

A close win every game is going to be a grind

A loss of any kind and this team is officially done and the season is going off the rails by Halloween.

For those of us who remember this board before 2018 the last one was the way our season usually went so might get a little nostalgic they tuck away Josh on IR with his shoulder let Kyle Allen lose every game and comeback in the off season with a top ten pick. 

Care to explain WHY you think this game has L and 4-4 written all over it other than ptsd?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Look no farther than the last 3 games, 2 against some of the worst teams in the league!  The Bucs are better than the giants and their backup qb and the Pats

They may be marginally better, but they’ve scored 6 vs DET and 13 vs ATL in their last 2 games . Both losses. They’re 3-3 overall with a point differential of -1 . The Bucs are a team in the league - a neighborhood the Bills lived in for 17 years. If you can’t see the Bills winning this game or don’t feel confident about it , then you don’t think the Bills can win a game in the league. Simple as that. You may or may not be at that point , but I’m not there yet. If that’s the reality, then it’s time for a complete overhaul from the Coaching staff on down. Not even saying they will make the playoffs or anything else, but I think the Bills can still win an NFL game. Maybe I’m wrong , but we’ll see. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Care to explain WHY you think this game has L and 4-4 written all over it other than ptsd?

Or BBFS ! 

Maybe I'm reading the board too much - but it just seems like there is a malaise over this team right now.  Even in their pressers, they seem a little lost, and kind of frustrated in their inability to identify and fix the problems we have.

I'm starting to worry that it could spiral.  Energy can really feed off itself - good, or bad.  Right now it's bad.

Such a big game Thursday.  Never would have thought the TNF Bucs game would be the one to circle as season-defining, but our backs are truly against the wall right now.  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mike evans is going to make congested catch after congested catch over our soft / handsy - get called for penalty / physically inferior DBs 

I would venture that given The giants and pats backup OL completely can manhandle our front 7. That any teams starters will also manhandle us against the run.

bowles will make Allen uncomfortable early. Which is apparently enough for him to look like dog crapp the rest of the game. Dial up PRESSURE, PRESSURE, BLITZES. Our OL can’t handle it. Neither can our qb

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Maybe I'm reading the board too much - but it just seems like there is a malaise over this team right now.  Even in their pressers, they seem a little lost, and kind of frustrated in their inability to identify and fix the problems we have.

I'm starting to worry that it could spiral.  Energy can really feed off itself - good, or bad.  Right now it's bad.

Such a big game Thursday.  Never would have thought the TNF Bucs game would be the one to circle as season-defining, but our backs are truly against the wall right now.  

Yup . They know the window is closed. They know they are flawed. Coaches and players. They know they are further away from 13 seconds team and closer to the above average team who will get steam rolled by teams like cincy. 

I NEVER. Take anything from pressers. But when Allen said “things may look bleak” I was like oh FFS this team and this qb are mentally f’d. Soft. They’re lost

Edited by balln

6 minutes ago, Success said:

From memory, the 2021 game felt like it was "all or nothing" as well. A miserable first half performance and the season felt over. Even though the game ended in defeat, the second half performance seemed to kickstart something which carried the Bills through to 13 seconds.

It's a week to week league, and I wouldn't be surprised by any result.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Usually, I am not one to put much stock into scoring first. But given the past 2 weeks I think it's very important for the offense to start quick. A 7-0 lead early in the first quarter and then go from there. It will help their confidence. If they fall behind again and its looking like the Giants/Pats games, then it could snowball into 4-4. This message board will go nuclear if that happens. 

Edited by Gregg

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Usually, I am not one to put much stock into scoring first. But given the past 2 weeks I think it's very important for the offense to start quick. A 7-0 lead early in the first quarter and then go from there. It will help their confidence. If they fall behind again and its looking like the Giants/Pats games, then it could snowball into 4-4. This message board will go nuclear if that happens. 

Don't think it will get any worse than this. Most seem prepared for defeat against the Bucs, and the nature of the posting will follow. No one expected the hideous performance (at stages, on all sides of the ball) against the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

They seem to be much better than New England and New York.  

If teams can just line up and dictate the game up front by running straight ahead with two terrible quarterbacks, teams with excellent weapons like evans are going to be able to score more.  

hopefully the offense gets going and with a lead the Bucs will have to throw more and the crowd will help the Defense play better.  I feel like we have to see this group of guys play well on defense before I will believe it.  If Taylor and Jones can play the way they did against this team I am really concerned what is going to happen when they play actually talented offenses.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.