Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Bills have been the 2nd best offense in the NFL in EPA/play over the last 3 weeks. Let that sink in for a minute.  The problems are not always what you think...

Yes, the offense hasn't been good in the 1st half.  They have been near unstoppable in the 2nd half but are being hindered on D since they are not getting enough possessions.  They need to simply start playing better off each other as a team and they will again turn back into a juggernaut.

And there is this.

https://x.com/LordReebs/status/1716519121246937242?s=20

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

And most of those defensive snaps are against the Giants and Pats. 

Edited to embed the Tweet that D.L. linked above. Eye-popping stuff.

Too many missed tackles and this defense is really built around having top-end LB play (combined at both spots).

Right now, Dorians head is spinning.  No surprise, a 3rd round talent that needed grooming (coming out of Tulane).  He has the athletic traits, going to take a year or 2 before things click though.  At which point, Milano will be in his 30s and we can decide if he's a capable replacement.

In the here and now, Beane either makes a trade OR we need to keep getting Dorian reps.  Dodson is limited, honestly they missed out on some cheaper vet deals this offseason that would have been helpful.  Makatevich, Spector, and Klein are SUPER limited and S/T types only.  

I would have thought Kirksey would be here already, if that was gonna happen (Klein instead signed to 53).

TB is also a 1st year starter.  And while exceeding expectations, he isn't in position all the time either.  

Somehow Beane neglected 1 tech DT and WLB depth.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Too many missed tackles and this defense is really built around having top-end LB play (combined at both spots).

Right now, Dorians head is spinning.  No surprise, a 3rd round talent that needed grooming (coming out of Tulane).  He has the athletic traits, going to take a year or 2 before things click though.  At which point, Milano will be in his 30s and we can decide if he's a capable replacement.

In the here and now, Beane either makes a trade OR we need to keep getting Dorian reps.  Dodson is limited, honestly they missed out on some cheaper vet deals this offseason that would have been helpful.  Makatevich, Spector, and Klein are SUPER limited and S/T types only.  

I would have thought Kirksey would be here already, if that was gonna happen (Klein instead signed to 53).

TB is also a 1st year starter.  And while exceeding expectations, he isn't in position all the time either.  

Somehow Beane neglected 1 tech DT and WLB depth.

I don't agree that he neglected it. He brought in Poona Ford and drafted Williams. It just hasn't worked out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I don't agree that he neglected it. He brought in Poona Ford and drafted Williams. It just hasn't worked out.

Dorian is a "project".  Poona was signed well into FA, wasn't Plan A.

Regardless, there were gambles taken at the LB spot.  Counting on 2 third rounders to be ready for major playing time.  Or relying on Dodson.  

At 1 tech DT, I would have thought we prioritized depth/future development (draft pick) given what what we saw when Daquan missed time.  

Poona was "reactionary", I could see Dorian being a planned/strategy decision (so be it). 

Bottom line, the front office decisions at some critical positions/depth is NOT as good as initially expected.

• Agree 1

—D big injured guys at each level (Milano, Tre, etc)

—O should have been equal or better—except we have McDorseyBrit cutting Josh man parts off.

not directly on beane 

31 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Regardless, there were gambles taken at the LB spot.  Counting on 2 third rounders to be ready for major playing time.  Or relying on Dodson

That a bad take. Bernard is fine and Milano season loss is monster. 

Edited by Since1981

4 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

—D big injured guys at each level (Milano, Tre, etc)

—O should have been equal or better—except we have McDorseyBrit cutting Josh man parts off.

not on beane 

That a bad take. Bernard is fine and Milano season loss is monster. 

Agree, Bernard is fine/good pick.  But we came into the year with what depth/plan I'd someone got injured?  Dorian should be #4, he's young and going to be OK as the year keeps going. But when there were multiple 1-yr rental/depth types in FA, we decided on Dodson/Klein. 

It is what it is.  Milano loss was nobodies fault, just too many injuries to overcome right now.

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We should have followed through on that Fournette visit 🥴could use all the information and help we can get here apparently 

a practice squad player apparently is seen as more valuable than an RB who is a very good playoff performer!  Very annoying. This offense could use a brawler like Fournette who is also a quality pass blocker and pass catcher

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

And most of those defensive snaps are against the Giants and Pats. 

Edited to embed the Tweet that D.L. linked above. Eye-popping stuff.

These bottom dwelling defensive snaps are all on Dorsey and Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

These bottom dwelling defensive snaps are all on Dorsey and Allen. 

I just feel so deflated right now. The Bills can’t play defense with the players that they have available to them. And I just spent $300 for two tickets to watch this 💩show live on Thursday night. 

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I just feel so deflated right now. The Bills can’t play defense with the players that they have available to them. And I just spent $300 for two tickets to watch this 💩show live on Thursday night. 

They will win Thursday. It will be money well spent. 

So many excuses on here today! Last night I watched Eli Ricks (an undrafted rookie CB and a close personal friend of the family) break up two passes intended for the mighty Tyreek Hill. The second one sealed the win for the Eagles. Players have to play and the Bills coaching staff can’t seem to coach up young talent to save their freaking lives 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Could be worse I have tickets, flights, hotel and car rental all paid for. At least the wings will be good. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Could be worse I have tickets, flights, hotel and car rental all paid for. At least the wings will be good. 

I’m driving in from Cincinnati so I had to get a room. But it’s my first home game since 1989 and my son’s first game at Highmark so it should be a good time regardless.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

My confidence in this team is understandably waning.

I honestly think it will get worse before it gets better with Knox ruled out.

Early score prediction: 

Bills 17

Bucs 21

Can the offence really get worse though?

Its been brutal the last 3 weeks minus a couple good 4th quarters 

6 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

It can if Knox isn't there as Spencer Brown's insurance policy and Dorsey continues to dial up vanilla schemes.

I think it’s a good opportunity to go back to 11 personnel .

We had an elite offence with 11 personnel the last 3 years and 2 of those years were with Spencer brown struggling .

I still don’t get why we are trying to force 12 personnel when clearly that’s not playing to your elite QBs strength

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It can, but shouldn’t . The solution is more Josh Allen doing Josh Allen things , not less. 

Yea everyone says this. But he’s looking jittery as ever. ever since the PIT preseaon game ! Especially in the red zone. Happy feet

Runs out of clean pockets. Bailing right. 

need him to hit back foot and throw balls w anticipation and accuracy like every other qb. He can sprinkle in magic here and there. He’s making the OL and targets and Oc worse than reality.

watch the film 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, balln said:

Yea everyone says this. But he’s looking jittery as ever. ever since the PIT preseaon game ! Especially in the red zone. Happy feet

need him to hit back foot and throw balls w anticipation and accuracy like every other qb. He can sprinkle in magic here and there. He’s making the OL and targets and Oc worse than reality.

watch the film 

Jittery ? Lol okay. He looks hesitant cuz they’re coaching his best attributes out of him. Bottom line: he’s the Bills best player by a mile and they’d probably go 4-13 without him. He’s not blameless , but the OC is pretty bad. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Jittery ? Lol okay. He looks hesitant cuz they’re coaching his best attributes out of him. Bottom line: he’s the Bills best player by a mile and they’d probably go 4-13 without him. He’s not blameless , but the OC is pretty bad. 

Yes. He is. Of course he’s their best player. He needs to be MvP tho. Like the best of the nfl. Watch the film dawg. He played bad

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, balln said:

watch the film 

Why did the OC change an elite 11 personnel offence the last 3 years to a conservative 12 personnel?

Josh thrives in 11, and is way more comfortable there.

Tailor the offence to your elite QBs strengths

6 minutes ago, balln said:

watch the film 

What a hack.  Ever since the Pitt game.  Are you talking about a freaking EXHIBITION GAME?  Your acting as if a couple of series in an exhibition game is indicative of anything.

Jittery!  Especially in the Red Zone!  Have you seen Allen's stats in the Red Zone?  Are you aware that the Bills are the 2nd best team in Red Zone offense?  Of course you're not because you don't even watch the games troll.

Yes. He is. Of course he’s their best player. He needs to be MvP tho. Like the best of the nfl. Watch the film dawg. He played bad

Not his best game for sure , but they scored 25 - also missed a 42 yard FG. Not an amazing day of offense but not terrible. The vaunted Dolphins scored 24 in their win vs Pats. The Bills made Mac Jones look competent. That’s an inexcusable day at the office for McD and his D. 

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

What a hack.  Ever since the Pitt game.  Are you talking about a freaking EXHIBITION GAME?  Your acting as if a couple of series in an exhibition game is indicative of anything.

Jittery!  Especially in the Red Zone!  Have you seen Allen's stats in the Red Zone?  Are you aware that the Bills are the 2nd best team in Red Zone offense?  Of course you're not because you don't even watch the games troll.

Yes. When i say PiT preseason - that means the preseason. The whole time he looks jittery AF. Mr happy feet. I didn’t say he’s not making plays. He is. But he’s 4-3. Had an awful performance loss to jets- w a horrid 4th w drive / settled for

fg and overtime 

giants not good enough

pats - left a lot of plays on the field. Really bad inaccuracies. And not going to the open guy.

he’s bailing way too much from pockets and throwing way to much to diggs 

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Why did the OC change an elite 11 personnel offence the last 3 years to a conservative 12 personnel?

Josh thrives in 11, and is way more comfortable there.

Tailor the offence to your elite QBs strengths

Lol dumb fans get so worked up about 11 and 12 personal. Doesn’t matter. Every D plays a nickel as their base. It’s just a matter of putting ppl on the field and exploiting mismatches 

• Vomit 2

6 minutes ago, balln said:

Yes. When i say PiT preseason - that means the preseason. The whole time he looks jittery AF. Mr happy feet. I didn’t say he’s not making plays. He is. But he’s 4-3. Had an awful performance loss to jets- w a horrid 4th w drive / settled for

fg and overtime 

giants not good enough

pats - left a lot of plays on the field. Really bad inaccuracies. And not going to the open guy.

he’s bailing way too much from pockets and throwing way to much to diggs 

So obviously in your opinion the Bills need to part ways with Allen as he's not very good.  So how should they do it?  Should the Bills trade before the up coming trade deadline or wait to the off season? Come on every one of your posts whines about how bad Allen is.  Hell you seem to think that Allen even sucks in limited play during meaningless exhibition games.  Well we can't have that can we.

I would love to hear what you would do with Allen if you ran things.

Lol dumb fans get so worked up about 11 and 12 personal. Doesn’t matter. Every D plays a nickel as their base. It’s just a matter of putting ppl on the field and exploiting mismatches 

Before the pats game They were 2nd in EPA in 11 personnel and 12th in 12 personnel.

And also were a top 3 offence the last 3 years in predominantly a 11 personnel offence.

But yep, it “doesn’t matter” and I’m dumb for listing off facts opposed to listening to your “opinion” 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Before the pats game They were 2nd in EPA in 11 personnel and 12th in 12 personnel.

And also were a top 3 offence the last 3 years in predominantly a 11 personnel offence.

But yep, it “doesn’t matter” and I’m dumb for listing off facts opposed to listening to your “opinion” 

The guy is a troll. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

But yep, it “doesn’t matter” and I’m dumb for listing off facts opposed to your “opinion” 

Lol epa . Ok. So they’re basically top 10 in either formation. Which is how they are as a total

offence. 12 inclucdes mostly Kincaid. And he’s basically a wide receiver. So we’re back to 11

it does not matter. All that matters is TDs , scoring points, limiting turnovers and winning

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So obviously in your opinion the Bills need to part ways with Allen as he's not very good.  So how should they do it?  Should the Bills trade before the up coming trade deadline or wait to the off season? Come on every one of your posts whines about how bad Allen is.  Hell you seem to think that Allen even sucks in limited play during meaningless exhibition games.  Well we can't have that can we.

I would love to hear what you would do with Allen if you ran things.

No where am I saying get rid of Allen. I’m not going to run things. Dumb. classic homers / Josh can do no wrong crowd here tonight 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.