Roger Goodell extended

Royale with Cheese

45 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I guess the London jet lag experiment was a huge success. 

It turned out fine for Jags fans, I guess.  🤷‍♂️

But I am not a Jags fan.

This will be my first year of booing Roger at the draft. I apologize for being late to that party. Oh, and I’m NOT getting Peacock if I need it to see a Bills game later in the season. I have enough streaming options forced on me already. It’s not the money, it’s the principle. I’ll miss a Bills game rather than give in to NFL pressure. That’s a bad thing long term of you are the league. Adding fringe fans is nice. Losing long-time core fans is bad for business. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Let the GREED continue unabated!!

HUZZAH!!

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

It turned out fine for Jags fans, I guess.  🤷‍♂️

But I am not a Jags fan.

This will be my first year of booing Roger at the draft. I apologize for being late to that party. Oh, and I’m NOT getting Peacock if I need it to see a Bills game later in the season. I have enough streaming options forced on me already. It’s not the money, it’s the principle. I’ll miss a Bills game rather than give in to NFL pressure. That’s a bad thing long term of you are the league. Adding fringe fans is nice. Losing long-time core fans is bad for business. 

My feelings exactly. The fans do not deserve to be treated this way.

Airing games exclusively on apps is pure Horse Hockey!

Question about that. If you purchased NFL Sunday Ticket, would you still be able to see the exclusive games, or do you still have to get the app(s)?

Augie, will you be at the draft in Detroit?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

…Oh, and I’m NOT getting Peacock if I need it to see a Bills game later in the season. I have enough streaming options forced on me already. It’s not the money, it’s the principle. I’ll miss a Bills game rather than give in to NFL pressure. That’s a bad thing long term of you are the league. Adding fringe fans is nice. Losing long-time core fans is bad for business. 

I understand the issue (and expense) of requiring multiple streaming services to watch NFL games. Fortunately, I am locked into Peacock as they stream the Tour de France.

41 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean ***** that guy for the Jags game.

But being liked isn't his job.

How can you think this was a decision that was made by, or even allowed to be made by, Roger Goodell?

Name one owner last name of Pegula who was against this scheduling....

Tomorrow’s headlines…..

The LA Chargers will be playing back-to-back games on the Moon in 2026. The first, being a home game against the Chiefs on a Sunday afternoon snd the second being a “ road game”, 4 days later, on Amazon Prime’s Thursday Night football , against the Buffalo Bills.

The Bills were offered a bye week before or after the game but decided to use it later in the year.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He is easily the most successful and therefore the greatest pro league commissioner ever.  These owners would pay him whatever he asked to take these punches for them and make them even more rich.

To Terry and the rest...he is simply priceless.

Pete Rozelle was better, but just as sneaky, at being NFL Commissioner.  And neither were good on draft day.

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

My feelings exactly. The fans do not deserve to be treated this way.

Airing games exclusively on apps is pure Horse Hockey!

Question about that. If you purchased NFL Sunday Ticket, would you still be able to see the exclusive games, or do you still have to get the app(s)?

Augie, will you be at the draft in Detroit?

I don’t think Sunday Ticket gets you games on separate streaming services, like Peacock. The idea there is to trap us into getting additional services so the NFL can cut deals all over in an attempt to force us to subscribe with each. Strangely, I enjoy Dan Patrick in the morning, but at some point recently his show became delayed by a day on Peacock. I’m not sure if I would get the current day’s show by signing up, but I refuse to do that now because I don’t like the pressure they try to apply. 

As for the draft, I haven’t been to one yet but Nashville looked awesome! Detroit? I think I’m busy for that one. 

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I understand the issue (and expense) of requiring multiple streaming services to watch NFL games. Fortunately, I am locked into Peacock as they stream the Tour de France.

Doesn’t NBC have a lot of Tour coverage? Does Peacock offer extended viewing options? I’ve watched the Tour for decades and enjoyed the “tourism” aspect more than the actual racing.  I loved all of Paul Sherwen’s commentary on the various little towns, etc. It wasn’t until much more recently that I learned he married a girl I was seeing right after college. We were just tennis and drinking buddies.  Small world! RIP

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

Doesn’t NBC have a lot of Tour coverage? Does Peacock offer extended viewing options? I’ve watched the Tour for decades and enjoyed the “tourism” aspect more than the actual racing.  I loved all of Paul Sherwen’s commentary on the various little towns, etc. It wasn’t until much more recently that I learned he married a girl I was seeing right after college. Small world! RIP

Yes, Peacock offers extended viewing options for the tour over NBC.
https://www.peacocktv.com/blog/tour-de-france-how-to-watch-on-peacock#:~:text=Yes!,have to miss a moment.

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Pete Rozelle was better, but just as sneaky, at being NFL Commissioner.  And neither were good on draft day.

Rozelle got the money machine going, when it was easier to do so.  Goodell has made everyone far richer--not least the players.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rozelle got the money machine going, when it was easier to do so.  Goodell has made everyone far richer--not least the players.

You think it was easy convincing the owners back then to share TV revenue equally between big and small markets?  

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Let the GREED continue unabated!!

HUZZAH!!

Same could be said about the players too. I try not to think about it much or I start wondering why I support it. Between the greed, covering up crimes, lack of or inconsistent punishments for violations, questioning refs and the list goes on. Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean ***** that guy for the Jags game.

But being liked isn't his job.

Very well said

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

You think it was easy convincing the owners back then to share TV revenue equally between big and small markets?  

That was Bert Bell.

Rozelle expanded the league.

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Or when there isn't much to do because it's going to succeed even if your best efforts were to cause it not to.

which efforts?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.