Worst "win" I've ever seen

Herb

In my entire history of watching our Bills, this was the most unsatisfying win I can ever remember. I'm 44 years old and have been a lifelong fan. If Bills management aren't 100% behind letting Josh call the plays after these last two weeks, we're in a lot of unnecessary trouble.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Herb said:

In my entire history of watching our Bills, this was the most unsatisfying win I can ever remember. I'm 44 years old and have been a lifelong fan. If Bills management aren't 100% behind letting Josh call the plays after these last two weeks, we're in a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Thurman did say the K-Gun consisted of 12 plays. It’s the speed and relentless tempo that wore teams out. Right now it seems we are snapping the ball with seconds to go on the play clock. That’s not uptempo and I think we could use that intermittently to keep defenses gassed. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dorsey has clearly been overthinking things to a detrimental point the past two weeks. When you have a generational talent like Josh, you owe it to the fans to be your absolute best every game. The Giants were the biggest underdog all season and it took an uncalled pass interference on the last play of the game to win with a healthy and dominant offense.

• Agree 9

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Worst win would be like the Jets win in week 1. Your franchise QB is out for the season and you only win because the other team's QB has some sort of episode and gifts you it at the last moment.

You're right, only we somehow figured out a way to lose that one🙄

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Watched the game at a sports bar in Cabo with friends.  They thought I was going to kill someone.  I guess London sticks around for a couple weeks before you can flush that bacteria out of your system.  Kinda like the water down here.

You really have to get over the London sthick. 

• Dislike 1

didn't watch the game, I was thinking it would be a one sided game, it starts at 2am here and I couldn't keep my eyes open at 1am

I was surprised by the outcome, still happy for the win, and watched the highlights

I was at the London game, so, if I could use a wayback machine, I would gadly exchange your worst win ever seen game for the game I saw last week live

This game was ugly, but it was a win, and it was an epic ending

Edited by Repulsif
  • Like (+1) 2

People are forgetting we’re still a little jet lagged and the Giants weren’t. 

I don’t understand how people can watch the Chiefs scrape out half their wins but B word and moan when the Bills do the same. Remember the whole “we can’t win close games” crap from last year? “No excuses”. 

I think a percentage of fans want perfection every week. That’s not how reality works in the NFL even for the best squads. How’s the Jets loss looking now? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Herb said:

Dorsey has clearly been overthinking things to a detrimental point the past two weeks. When you have a generational talent like Josh, you owe it to the fans to be your absolute best every game. The Giants were the biggest underdog all season and it took an uncalled pass interference on the last play of the game to win with a healthy and dominant offense.

Generational talent that went to Hollywood and missed a wide open TE on a play that would have initiated victory formation.  Dorsey gets some blame here but not all of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I don’t understand how people can watch the Chiefs scrape out half their wins but B word and moan when the Bills do the same. Remember the whole “we can’t win close games” crap from last year? “No excuses”. 

I think a percentage of fans want perfection every week. That’s not how reality works in the NFL even for the best squads. How’s the Jets loss looking now? 

We're still blaming London? Really? 😄

It has nothing to do with perfection. It's not unreasonable for fans to ask that we don't get shutout for the first 3 quarters.

• Agree 2

This was truly a strange day of NFL football.  The last 2 unbeaten teams both lost on the road to good defensive teams with crappy backup QBs.  I had the 4 screen up for the early games and every game seemed boring.  

I don’t know if the league is watered down or what but there are few well played games anymore.  The scoring had been way up in recent seasons but today there were 17 teams that scored less than 20 points.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Lol they were not Jet lagged! They won because the Bills now get the preferential treatment SB favorites get, and that is refs will lean your way in 95% of games. 

I THINK most fans are concerned because the Bills offense looked bad for 2 weeks in a row. To them I say do not worry they will look like their old selves next week and put up 46 points. The Pats secondary is decimated, and our D line is missing Judon while Baremore and a few others are playing threw injuries. (They been on the injury report). Then of course you have the most offensive offense in the league that has the O line gives up the most pressures going against one of the D lines that gets pressure.. maybe Malik Cunningham starts since he can run for his life all game. Lol

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I could not care less if it was an ugly win. Still got the win. And for those of you who are going to say can’t play like that against ________, pretty much every single team you could fill that blank with played bad this week. Chiefs and Bengals also had an ugly win. 49ers and Eagles didn’t even win. Miami was down to the Panthers. A win is a win

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

I hated how we won last night as I think people wanted to see a get right game, but we did win.  You’re right the Chiefs wins have been somewhat unimpressive, but it is unnerving to think we Arent gaining ground when the Chiefs look regressed, and the Bengals somewhat weaker.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I hated how we won last night as I think people wanted to see a get right game, but we did win.  You’re right the Chiefs wins have been somewhat unimpressive, but it is unnerving to think we Arent gaining ground when the Chiefs look regressed, and the Bengals somewhat weaker.

What you’re seeing are the Bills rebuilding and looking for a new identity in real time. 

Allen and Diggs only is unsustainable and the first thing McD and Dorsey are saying to each other this morning. Not to mention Father Time will catch up to Diggs soon and he will need to become an elite slot receiver which would be a death blow to this team as it is right now. 

We have an improved Oline and are trying to get the running game revving for the first time in years. But Cook has his limitations and are trying to find the most effective ways to use him. 

Our receivers behind Diggs are not performing. Davis is unfortunately not consistently reliable, nor is Knox. Shakir is OK. 

What we need right now is a big dose of Kincaid and Sherfield. Less shotgun. A SMARTER run game, not just a balanced one. More playaction. More rhythm. 

Remember, it’s about having momentum in December/January, not October. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I have seen the Bills lose on last play from scrimmage TD... At stadium, in person... Was that the worst lost.  It was against JAX. Back when the rule was "catch but pushed out."  Didn't even get feet in. I forget what year, but it was during "TheDrought."

I think that was Marcedes Lewis who caught that ball

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This feels like to me the football gods gave us this one to make up a little for Wide Right, the 07 Dallas game, and the 09 Patriots game.  All other prime time games too.

It’s like you’re playing the Giants on prime time TV.  You didn’t deserve to win but there you go 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Herb said:

I am curious.  What is your "best" loss you can remember?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I have seen the Bills lose on last play from scrimmage TD... At stadium, in person... Was that the worst lost.  It was against JAX. Back when the rule was "catch but pushed out."  Didn't even get feet in. I forget what year, but it was during "TheDrought."

Nate Clements goes for INT on 4th down instead of Knocking ball away. That last drive was the worst. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Daboll still has a very clear understanding of the Bills offense and clearly used that information.  His former underling, currently his replacement, has added some new things but the basic structure is still what Daboll put in place.  

I'm less concerned about the Bills struggles last night than I am about whether other teams will analyze what Martindale did with Daboll's information.  Dorsey is going to have to think up and install new components for the Bills offense, during the season and not during preseason or training camp when that work is usually done.  I am not convinced he's up to that.  

The Bills dominant team in games 2-5 this year was beautiful but will be a distant memory by the December. One or two more serious injuries and the wheels will officially be off.  The Bills better buckle up and win the games they are supposed to win, because any more cheap losses and they could fall out of a playoff position completely.  

6 hours ago, Herb said:

I guess you want a sympathy card. What a bunch of whiners. Yeah, let's have the QB who led the league in turnovers the reigns to the offense. Brilliant! 

I don’t think that’s the worst win imo…that giants team really brought it last night. That defensive line of theirs played out of their minds…dexter Lawrence has been a beast all season and we don’t seem to be dealing with interior pressure well since our RT is so bad to begin with lol also with Kincaid out we had to recycle a lot of the plays that Daboll used when he was here 

a lot of this is people saying ‘well the giants are 1-4 and we almost lost’ but they did not play like a 1-4 team last night.

the win against the dolphins in the playoffs was a lot worse

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I will take a "worst win" over a "best loss" 24-7-365. With that said the Bills have a lot to work on offensively before the game against the Pats.

I’m not sure they do with judon out…the giants interior pressure absolutely murdered us and as bad as their team has been this year Dexter Lawrence has been one of the best players in the league 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think that’s the worst win imo…that giants team really brought it last night. That defensive line of theirs played out of their minds…dexter Lawrence has been a beast all season and we don’t seem to be dealing with interior pressure well since our RT is so bad to begin with lol also with Kincaid out we had to recycle a lot of the plays that Daboll used when he was here 

a lot of this is people saying ‘well the giants are 1-4 and we almost lost’ but they did not play like a 1-4 team last night.

the win against the dolphins in the playoffs was a lot worse

I’m not sure they do with judon out…the giants interior pressure absolutely murdered us and as bad as their team has been this year Dexter Lawrence has been one of the best players in the league 

Given our injuries I wonder if the Bills and Giants can become trade partners at the deadline. We could use the help and the Giants have to be looking at 2024 at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.